Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    I've worked it out and the difference between upgrading on Three with the Internet 500 plan at £29 and going with giffgaff on the £10 plan with fewer minutes works out at around £140 over two years assuming I can sell my phone and get an early upgrade which would mean I'd end up not paying for the last two/three months on my current contract. I was actually never considering upgrading until I saw that the cost wasn't particularly high.

Do you know about the rooting situation on the HTC One X? Are there any problems with the phone that you've heard about?
    One X is officially rootable thanks to HTC themselves. They let you unlock the bootloader no problem. I'm not familair with the ROM situation so I'd have a look around XDA/MoDaCo to get an idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    What's that root app that lets your decide whether apps can use certain permissions as and when they try to do so?

Had it on my Hero I think but it never worked on my HD2 ROMs..

An app I like has updated with SMS control and I don't trust it.
    Draw Something? Theres a massive thread on Reddit.

LBE Privacy Guard is what you're looking for I think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Draw Something? Theres a massive thread on Reddit.

LBE Privacy Guard is what you're looking for I think?
    Nope. Not Draw Something, I don't have that.

Also.. Believe it may have been LBE, will try.

ReputationRep:
    Went back to GB with Sense as I haven't found an awesome ICS Rom yet.

I hate it.

I'm now downloading another ICS Rom...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Went back to GB with Sense as I haven't found an awesome ICS Rom yet.

I hate it.

I'm now downloading another ICS Rom...
    Endymion by any chance?
    I've been on Reaper for the past few days!

Which do you recommend as the best ICS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    Endymion by any chance?
    I've been on Reaper for the past few days!

Which do you recommend as the best ICS?
    Nah, I went for Proxuser's Saga 3D. I've used Endy before - it's a great ROM, but if I'm going back to Sense, it's gotta be for stability, thus a modified official release. I thought about going to AOSP GB, but I've never been a HUGE fan of it like I am ICS.

For the moment, I'm using BlindICE. I found the "Unofficial AOKP Port Milestone 5" ROM kept having massive system slowdown. I used to use IceColdSandwich which has been the best I've used so far I'd say, but there'll be no further support as Lord ClockaN has now got a One X and has dropped the Desire HD which it is ported from, so I figure I should change. Either way, if you put massive CPU/GPU load on any ICS ROM, it'll die due to no Kernel 3 yet. Fine for me most the time tbh, but not so much for others. I was hoping that Nexx would have the One V kernel going by now...but it seems that is now unlikely. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Turned Wifi and GPS off on friday and since then i've been getting 3-4 days out of the battery . Was full on friday night and then was only on 18% at 5pm today, had to charge it before it went flat (<5%) though.

Thought turning off GPS and Wifi would improve the battery, but not improve it to last 4 days when previously it would last 12-14hours.

Galaxy s2 on litening 3.7 rom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James2593)
    Turned Wifi and GPS off on friday and since then i've been getting 3-4 days out of the battery . Was full on friday night and then was only on 18% at 5pm today, had to charge it before it went flat (<5%) though.

Thought turning off GPS and Wifi would improve the battery, but not improve it to last 4 days when previously it would last 12-14hours.

Galaxy s2 on litening 3.7 rom.
    That's like saying a tank of fuel lasted a month by not driving your car...

lol

I only turn WiFi (or anything else) on when I need it

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna get an android soon . Probably the HTC sensation XE with Beats Audio. I'm still living with my Blackberry Curve 8520 for another month unfortunately :/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanhenry66)
    I'm gonna get an android soon . Probably the HTC sensation XE with Beats Audio. I'm still living with my Blackberry Curve 8520 for another month unfortunately :/.
    I'd go for the One X as (IIRC) it's cheaper and better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    That's like saying a tank of fuel lasted a month by not driving your car...
    I've used the phone as normal, 10 texts a day, about an hour of web browsing, checking facebook and football scores, not heavy usage, but it's the same usage as before just with Wifi and GPS off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I'd go for the One X as (IIRC) it's cheaper and better.

Virgin doesn't seem to sell this phone

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised Virgin mobile still exist ngl.

ReputationRep:
    I know lool their signal is quite bad. I think the only reason why virgin mobile still exists because they do all sorts of other things like planes, trains, broadband etc.

ReputationRep:
    Change phone company then!! :laugh:

don't forget virgin cola

ReputationRep:
    Or The HTC One S if you don't want to pay quite as much. It's still a very good phone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having so many problems with my GS2 since I updated to ICS. Loads of apps crashing, phone resetting and draining the battery by about 30% and went I turn Wifi off, I have restart the phone to turn it back on. Surely it soundn't do that? Any ideas what I can do? I upgraded my phone through Phones4u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    I'm having so many problems with my GS2 since I updated to ICS. Loads of apps crashing, phone resetting and draining the battery by about 30% and went I turn Wifi off, I have restart the phone to turn it back on. Surely it soundn't do that? Any ideas what I can do? I upgraded my phone through Phones4u
    Factory reset the *****.

You'll lose everything aside from contents stored on the SDCard, but it should solve all those problems.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.