Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Google's employed most the core WebOS team.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/24/30...hp-enyo-google

Not sure how many of you have used WebOS, I have a touchpad which shipped with it, the interface is nice (possibly my favourite of all the mobile OSes), it just runs so smooth and fluid, really well, anyway it lacks App support amongst other things. I've not used it since Android was released in October, but hopefully we'll see some improvements to android from this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    Google's employed most the core WebOS team.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/24/30...hp-enyo-google

Not sure how many of you have used WebOS, I have a touchpad which shipped with it, the interface is nice (possibly my favourite of all the mobile OSes), it just runs so smooth and fluid, really well, anyway it lacks App support amongst other things. I've not used it since Android was released in October, but hopefully we'll see some improvements to android from this.
    Yeah, it'd be nice to have the OS fluidity and generally better aesthetics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Yeah, it'd be nice to have the OS fluidity and generally better aesthetics
    ICS tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    ICS tbf.
    I agree. Sense 3.6 is way too bloated on ICS. BTW, Nexx has made some good progress over at XDA! Check his post in CM9 thread!

What ROM are you on now? I'm using cm9!

ReputationRep:
    GTA3 has gone down to 76p, i duno for how long though, been waiting for this to go down played 5 mins on my xperia s seems to work fine and looks great :yep: cant touch it anymore until i finish my exams though :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    I agree. Sense 3.6 is way too bloated on ICS. BTW, Nexx has made some good progress over at XDA! Check his post in CM9 thread!

What ROM are you on now? I'm using cm9!
    Oooh! Exciting!

I'm still on BlindIce 6.5. I decided to not update unless

A) It borks like some ROMs do after a while or
    B) There's an AOKP ROM running kernel 3.x.

I have a feeling B won't be too long once Nexx sorts out the kernel issues!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh! Exciting!

I'm still on BlindIce 6.5. I decided to not update unless

A) It borks like some ROMs do after a while or
    B) There's an AOKP ROM running kernel 3.x.

I have a feeling B won't be too long once Nexx sorts out the kernel issues!
    Yeah, I believe he is beta testing the kernel himself with nk111.

Proxuser has perfected Sense 4 now, camera works, and super stable.with kernel 3 now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    GTA3 has gone down to 76p, i duno for how long though, been waiting for this to go down played 5 mins on my xperia s seems to work fine and looks great :yep: cant touch it anymore until i finish my exams though :sad:
    Always goes down when I buy things
    Its a decent port, sometimes the control are ****e though. And accelerometer steering doesn't work on phones (only tablets)

Good luck with the mission where you have to use the sniper to clear the way for 8-ball on the ship. Took me 3 ****ing days :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Can finally get an upgrade, Woooo! Htc onex i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelykatana)
    Always goes down when I buy things
    Its a decent port, sometimes the control are ****e though. And accelerometer steering doesn't work on phones (only tablets)

Good luck with the mission where you have to use the sniper to clear the way for 8-ball on the ship. Took me 3 ****ing days :laugh:
    Yes, I played this game over Christmas, that part took me ages. Instead of using the sniper, I drove a car to the ship and rammed the thugs down. It proved to work very well

I'm on a rolling contract, and I didn't think it ended, but I went on My Account yesterday and it said my upgrade date was the 13th of August. Does this mean they'll phone me up and offer me a new phone? :headfire:

ReputationRep:
    Currently running: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1679125

First Sense 4 ROM I've tried in a while. Still not sure about Sense, but I'll give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    DAMN!

Sony have confirmed that the only 2011 XPERIA line phone that won't get ICS off them is the XPERIA PLAY

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Jellybean will be 4.1 so a relatively minor update?

We'll see come I/O.

ReputationRep:
    Got the htc one x today, amazing phone. Big size jump from a desire to this but il get use to it

ReputationRep:
    Jelly :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnn)
    Got the htc one x today, amazing phone. Big size jump from a desire to this but il get use to it
    I had a play with one that my mate got recently, very nice. I think I prefer the app switcher/multitasking from stock ICS but perhaps only aesthetically - haven't had any particular large amount of usage with it.

ReputationRep:
    Currently running: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1679125

First Sense 4 ROM I've tried in a while. Still not sure about Sense, but I'll give it a go.
    Its freaking awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    Its freaking awesome.
    Yes, yes it is! Though I've not had any lock screen shortcut issues like some of the noobs on XDA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Apparently Jellybean will be 4.1 so a relatively minor update?

We'll see come I/O.
    Although I do remember them saying that there were a few thinks that weren't going to make it to ICS and hence going to be pushed back to JB so I'm interested in that but I have a feeling it could be under the hood stuff.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.