Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Apparently Jellybean will be 4.1 so a relatively minor update?

We'll see come I/O.
    Sounds good but the whole Android uniformity thing is a mess. Google lacks control. ICS has been around over half a year -- in tech terms that's mature -- yet has minor penetration. Only now with next gen phones is it widely being adopted, and only in high end phones.

So yeah, basically hearing Google faff about and show off new features is pretty tiresome. I certainly don't care anymore...between that and manufacturer skins (where features can disappear), the latest OS versions are only for the few tech minded and geeky who don't mind getting under the hood (and compromising with bugs). Unfortunately, that's not the mainstream so it's pretty irrelevant for Google to be banging on about the latest and greatest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Although I do remember them saying that there were a few thinks that weren't going to make it to ICS and hence going to be pushed back to JB so I'm interested in that but I have a feeling it could be under the hood stuff.
    I can't really see what they could bring bar slight UI improvements/performance but we'll see.

Lots of other stuff to probably look forward to: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/05...-2012-preview/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Yes, yes it is! Though I've not had any lock screen shortcut issues like some of the noobs on XDA.
    Hey!
    Wonder who it is...
    I managed to solve it lol, it turned out, I removed some HTC files which required it to work...

How's battery life for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    Hey!
    Wonder who it is...
    I managed to solve it lol, it turned out, I removed some HTC files which required it to work...

How's battery life for you?
    Hehehe. Nice work.

Battery has been fantastic tbh. I'm comparing to IceColdSandwich 6.5 which I've been on a while now. Since 8am I've done some browsing, some FB, XDA, TSR, a few calls and the odd email and text and I'm now on 75%.

ReputationRep:
    Mikey, have you updated to 1.3.0?
    Quick settings are awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelykatana)
    Always goes down when I buy things
    Its a decent port, sometimes the control are ****e though. And accelerometer steering doesn't work on phones (only tablets)

Good luck with the mission where you have to use the sniper to clear the way for 8-ball on the ship. Took me 3 ****ing days :laugh:
    been playing for a good few hours on it, pretty fun, its actually my first time playing it though i know the map as its the same as in liberty stories on the psp, yes the controls are so fiddly :argh: i cant shoot for **** lol, i always end up running around in circles like a headless chicken shooting all over the place :facepalm2:

thanks think i might do what the other guy said, the get in car ram them over method which is what ive been doing in most missions so far anyways :p:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else's S2 keep crashing. Every few days the wifi gets stuck turning on and then I can't wake the phone from sleep.

Using the TSR App - Please excuse any typos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Does anyone else's S2 keep crashing. Every few days the wifi gets stuck turning on and then I can't wake the phone from sleep.

Using the TSR App - Please excuse any typos
    Mines doing exactly that, since updating Android 4.03.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Mines doing exactly that, since updating Android 4.03.
    Same . At least it's nice to know we're not the only ones.

http://code.google.com/p/android/iss... Summary Stars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    Mikey, have you updated to 1.3.0?
    Quick settings are awesome!
    Of course!

ReputationRep:
    Of course!
    Damn. I'm waiting so bad for 1.4.0 today...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    Damn. I'm waiting so bad for 1.4.0 today...
    Out today according to Lowveld, though it depends on him fixing the mem management issues... give us access to all our RAM! I love this early stage of ROM development! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    i accidentally dragged the google play icon into the trash on the homescreen, anyway of getting it back? (noob here )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    i accidentally dragged the google play icon into the trash on the homescreen, anyway of getting it back? (noob here )
    Add it as a shortcut. In the same way you add a widget, there should be an option to add an application shortcut instead.

I'm not sure of the exact settings for the Xperia S, but on the Galaxy S2 you'll need to long-press on the homescreen => Shortcuts => Applications => Add 'Play Store'. It'll probably be something similar for your phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    Add it as a shortcut. In the same way you add a widget, there should be an option to add an application shortcut instead.

I'm not sure of the exact settings for the Xperia S, but on the Galaxy S2 you'll need to long-press on the homescreen => Shortcuts => Applications => Add 'Play Store'. It'll probably be something similar for your phone.
    cheers, pretty much the same but it was application instead of shortcuts, ive barely fiddled around with my phone since i got it might start doing it now :p:

lol these widget things are pretty cool i need to start making the most out of my phone lol

ReputationRep:
    any1 know where 2 get a cheap evo3d?

ReputationRep:
    Except from asda

ReputationRep:
    My friend keeps her Hero in her bag as a spare phone. She just got it out. 15% battery left, 17 days, 7 hours on battery.

And they say smartphones have bad batteries!

ReputationRep:
    My friend keeps her Hero in her bag as a spare phone. She just got it out. 15% battery left, 17 days, 7 hours on battery.

And they say smartphones have bad batteries!
    Was the phone network on? Or was it on flight mode?

ReputationRep:
    Wanted a bit of advice guys.

Does anyone know of a true STOCK ICS Rom for the Galaxy S2. I don't like TouchWiz, and I found RessurectionRemixICS far too customised for my liking. But neither do I want anything cut out from it, e.g. ICS 75mb. So just a clean, stock, AOSP ROM??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.