Turn on thread page Beta

I may consider eventually eBaying my Hero off and buying an unlocked Nexus.. Not sure though..

Contract ends in Aug/Sept 2011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I may consider eventually eBaying my Hero off and buying an unlocked Nexus.. Not sure though..

Contract ends in Aug/Sept 2011
    I'd do that. Maybe. Though I like sense a lot...

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'd do that. Maybe. Though I like sense a lot...
    Wait for a more powerful Sense model then
    I am thinking about that too :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Wait for a more powerful Sense model then
    I am thinking about that too :P
    :yep:

And by the time our contracts are up, there'll be 1.5Ghz dual core Snapdragon processors out. :yes:

:yep:

And by the time our contracts are up, there'll be 1.5Ghz dual core Snapdragon processors out. :yes:
    Only 1.5?
    That sucks.

Maybe it will be dual core by then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Only 1.5?
    That sucks.

Maybe it will be dual core by then
    Dude, that's exactly what I just said! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    i got quite lucky. i got the iphone 3G when it was first released but never upgraded to the 3GS model, so my contact ran out at the perfect time for the N1 release.
    Aye my contract for my iPhone 3G ran out last August, so bored of it now. What do you make of the N1? I really want the idea of Spotify in the background (L).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaph)
    Aye my contract for my iPhone 3G ran out last August, so bored of it now. What do you make of the N1? I really want the idea of Spotify in the background (L).
    so far it's brilliant. android seems a lot more versatile (for my needs anyway) than what the iphone is running. the tracking ball seems pretty pointless so far unless there's a major need for it that i don't know about.

Dude, that's exactly what I just said! :p:
    Ignore me, I'm a fool.
    :o:

so far it's brilliant. android seems a lot more versatile (for my needs anyway) than what the iphone is running. the tracking ball seems pretty pointless so far unless there's a major need for it that i don't know about.
    Precise scrolling/selecting and games.. That's truly about it.
    Plus it glows and everything.

ReputationRep:
    wait, so the unlocked handset will have multitouch? or will it be the vodaphone contracted ones only?
    not 100% from what i've read vodafone will be selling a unlocked version as well.

God knows what they will do to the price though,

ReputationRep:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/toshiba_tg01-2662.php

This phone has been released for 6 months, and it has the same snapdragon processor as the N1 and HD2. It was announced 1 year ago!

Snapdragon is already old, I think its best to wait. Qualcomm has announced a dual core 1.5GHz processor coming out later this year. I just hope that a manufacturer uses this processor on an Android phone as soon as it comes out. No Winmo crap. Why has it taken so long for an Android phone to use the snapdragon? I think this has held Android back.

ReputationRep:
    having a slight issue with the space bar on the nexus one. where i naturally want to press it's not registering my touch which is slightly annoying.

ReputationRep:
    having a slight issue with the space bar on the nexus one. where i naturally want to press it's not registering my touch which is slightly annoying.
    Urgh I'm waiting for it on Voda. Maybe. The iPhone is ridiculously stale now. Does yours have multi-touch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaph)
    Urgh I'm waiting for it on Voda. Maybe. The iPhone is ridiculously stale now. Does yours have multi-touch?
    it doesn't no. i realised i'm not a big user of multitouch anyway so its not an issue for me. it's one touch and some zoom in/out buttons appear which is fine for my needs. i agree to some extent about the iphone. i've noticed a lot of people buying into it lately, glad i'm one of the first around my lot to get the nexus one.

ReputationRep:
    single. but honestly thinking about, i hardly ever used multitouch on my iphone so it's not going to be a massive hindrance for me. as far as phones go, this one is pretty sexy.
    How does the nexus compare to the iphone?

ReputationRep:
    Nexus One is incredibly nice. Very smooth setup, installing apps takes seconds. So far, very happy!
    Have you got it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Have you got it?
    i have

ReputationRep:
    I have the HTC Hero. It's great. Can't wait for the upgrade to 2.1. They said it'd be 'a few days' but that was 6 days ago. :-(

(Original post by AndrewFromTheNorth)
    I have the HTC Hero. It's great. Can't wait for the upgrade to 2.1. They said it'd be 'a few days' but that was 6 days ago. :-(
    Google releasing source code is not the same as HTC taking the source code and adding SenseUI to it.

It could be months.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.