Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone flashed their Samsung Galaxy Ace with cyanogenmod7.2?

ReputationRep:
    Upgrading from earlier CM7?two steps must follow
    Do a Nandroid Backup!
    Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)

You running Jellybean yet? If so, which ROM? Is it usable as a daily driver?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    You running Jellybean yet? If so, which ROM? Is it usable as a daily driver?
    Best guide from your point of view for rooting the desire s? I've been searching and am not sure what to use.

Also, ROM recommendations, both Vanilla and Sense if it's not too much trouble

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Best guide from your point of view for rooting the desires? I've been searching and am not sure what to use.

Also, ROM recommendations, both Vanilla and Sense if it's not too much trouble

Thanks.
    Ummm.... been a while since I rooted! SuperOneClick or Revolutionary are the popular two. I used SOC.

Remember you'll need custom recovery to flash ROMs. I use 4EXT touch recovery. It's nice.

Endymion for Sense 3.5 on GB.
    Fallout for Sense 4.0A on ICS.

Been a while since I used AOSP / AOKP, though Ice Cold Sandwich was the one I used and it was good, though not perfect due to no 3.0 kernel source. Of course, you could use stock GB... but why would you?

finally, + repped above. don't know why it was negged.

ReputationRep:
    Ummm.... been a while since I rooted! SuperOneClick or Revolutionary are the popular two. I used SOC.

Endymion for Sense 3.5 on GB.
    Fallout for Sense 4.0A on ICS.

Been a while since I used AOSP / AOKP, though Ice Cold Sandwich was the one I used and it was good, though not perfect due to no 3.0 kernel source. Of course, you could use stock GB... but why would you?
    Problem is the HBOOT is it's 2.00.0002 which seems to make it a bit different..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Problem is the HBOOT is it's 2.00.0002 which seems to make it a bit different..
    Hmmm... I'm rather alien to that HBOOT... Can you not go back to 0.98 somehow? Ooohh I don't know! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... I'm rather alien to that HBOOT... Can you not go back to 0.98 somehow? Ooohh I don't know! :confused:
    Looking into it atm. Adds a few extra steps (Goldcard etc).

I'll see if I can make sense of it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Looking into it atm. Adds a few extra steps (Goldcard etc).

I'll see if I can make sense of it :/
    Good luck. Any time I've seen GoldCard mentioned, I've run a mile. Do not want!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck. Any time I've seen GoldCard mentioned, I've run a mile. Do not want!
    I can't get HTC drivers to work so ADB ain't happening :/

Also same, I'm so glad I rooted my Hero before a Goldcard was needed.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know a way to make ICS default to mounting my phone as a mass storage device rather than the MTP which never works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suneilr)
    It's a D-link DIR-615 running dd-wrt. I haven't changed any settings on it :s

I'm going to try giving the S2 a factory reset and see if that helps. No idea what to do about the Asus though. I bought the TF300T in the States, Could that be why the internet isn't working properly?

Hmm Just checked and they both work fine on my uni wireless. There must be something they don't like about my home network :s Both devices are running 4.0.3.
    it'll not be anything to do with the asus; there were wifi issues with the tf201 (prime) as it had a metal casing, but the tf300 has very good wifi connectivity; purchasing it in the states won't affect it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaza01)
    it'll not be anything to do with the asus; there were wifi issues with the tf201 (prime) as it had a metal casing, but the tf300 has very good wifi connectivity; purchasing it in the states won't affect it.
    Thanks for the reply. I did manage to get it all working in the end. I had to enable local DNS on my router. It's strange as my laptop and my brother's ipad all managed to access the internet fine, it was just my android devices that had issues :s

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I got a HTC One X today and just wondered if anyone had some "must have app" suggestions? First time Android user after having an iPhone for 4 years so be nice. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Hey,

I got a HTC One X today and just wondered if anyone had some "must have app" suggestions? First time Android user after having an iPhone for 4 years so be nice. :p:
    well done for jumping ship. Apple and ios is for the computer illiterate, android is for people who have a reason to live. If you get me...

(Original post by chaza01)
    well done for jumping ship. Apple and ios is for the computer illiterate, android is for people who have a reason to live. If you get me...
    Why don't you answer the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Hey,

Htc onex is a beautiful phone, I have it myself. What colour did you go for? The apps I use most vary to be honest but I shall list a few.

Handcent. SMS replacement
    Dolphin hd browser. Internet replacement
    Temple Run. Abit of fun
    GTA III. Awesome game with 78 missions I think
    Skype. Free calls ofcourse

But most of the apps that you have used on iphone are on android aswell so just download the apps you already know about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Why don't you answer the question?
    Haha, fair enough.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suneilr)
    Thanks for the reply. I did manage to get it all working in the end. I had to enable local DNS on my router. It's strange as my laptop and my brother's ipad all managed to access the internet fine, it was just my android devices that had issues :s
    Hey, what do you think of your tf300 btw? I was going to get the tf700 but can't justify the 599 price tag; do you find your tf300 to have any major short comings? Thanks and how does it compare to the iPad? Cheers

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnn)
    Htc onex is a beautiful phone, I have it myself. What colour did you go for? The apps I use most vary to be honest but I shall list a few.

Handcent. SMS replacement
    Dolphin hd browser. Internet replacement
    Temple Run. Abit of fun
    GTA III. Awesome game with 78 missions I think
    Skype. Free calls ofcourse

But most of the apps that you have used on iphone are on android aswell so just download the apps you already know about.
    Unfortunately the only colour Orange had was the black/gray one otherwise I would have gone for the white. Got me a nice chunky Otterbox case though so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Aye, I figured I've got the basic apps covered but might as well ask the question as there are a lot of apps so might discover some hidden gems. Handcent and Dolphin look good though, so I'll check those out, thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.