Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I use Dolphin and Dolphin Mini :yep:

ReputationRep:
    When will Jelly Bean be coming to Samsung Galaxy S2's? Or are they not getting the update?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    When will Jelly Bean be coming to Samsung Galaxy S2's? Or are they not getting the update?
    Doubt they'll release it officially. Wouldn't surprise me though if you can get a decent custom ROM for it though.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    I've installed the ROM manager now but haven't flashed it with CM recovery due to compatibility issues - it's still in beta. Is it worth using a beta version or waiting until it's fully supported?

Edit: Went ahead and installed the beta. After a couple of attempts I managed to get a backup(13.3MB~ - is that normal?). Froze a couple of apps with titanium and that's it so far.
    That seems rather small tbh. What did you use to make the backup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    That seems rather small tbh. What did you use to make the backup?
    Clockworkmod recovery. It's beta 2. I think I read backups are typically supposed to be 15mb to 20 mb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Doubt they'll release it officially. Wouldn't surprise me though if you can get a decent custom ROM for it though.
    I haven't got a clue about that stuff. Damn, really wanted it on my phone

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Clockworkmod recovery. It's beta 2. I think I read backups are typically supposed to be 15mb to 20 mb.
    Ah. With my (now retired) HTC Desire, I used the "Back up my ROM" feature in ROM Manager for full backups and I'm pretty sure they were somewhere in the region of 100-150mb. Obviously the backup size will vary based on the ROM you're using, but 13.3mb seems extremely small by comparison. I'd recommend making a backup via ROM Manager and comparing the file sizes.

What phone/ROM are you using btw?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a clue about that stuff. Damn, really wanted it on my phone

Head over to xda forums and look in the subsection for the s2, there'll be some guides and plenty of people that can help there

ReputationRep:
    Looking for a bit of help.

I've got the One X but I'm really, really unhappy about the battery life so I'm going to swap it for an S3. However I'd like to know if there's a way I can backup all the information from the One X and import it easily to the S3? I guess email settings doesn't matter, but in terms of all the apps, texts etc?

Any help is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)

I've got the One X but I'm really, really unhappy about the battery life so I'm going to swap it for an S3. However I'd like to know if there's a way I can backup all the information from the One X and import it easily to the S3? I guess email settings doesn't matter, but in terms of all the apps, texts etc?

Any help is appreciated.
    Aren't all apps you purchased from the google play store linked to your google account? So if you just log in to your S3 with your account and go to my apps on the play store it should all be there?

ReputationRep:
    Aren't all apps you purchased from the google play store linked to your google account? So if you just log in to your S3 with your account and go to my apps on the play store it should all be there?
    It will, but they will have to download one by one and things like game saves, app settings etc won't be backed up.

You should make a full nandroid backup

ReputationRep:

Any help is appreciated.
    Mybackup or a similar app can be used to back up photos, apps, and music. If you have a dropbox account ( you should have some space free because you bought a sense 4 product) you can upload other files there

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire Z
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by humza100)
    Mybackup or a similar app can be used to back up photos, apps, and music. If you have a dropbox account ( you should have some space free because you bought a sense 4 product) you can upload other files there
    I'd second MyBackup (or MyBackup Root if you've rooted) - it should be able to save your texts and app settings. Another popular app for this is Titanium Backup. And there's nothing stopping you from using both to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I'd second MyBackup (or MyBackup Root if you've rooted) - it should be able to save your texts and app settings. Another popular app for this is Titanium Backup. And there's nothing stopping you from using both to be sure.
    (Original post by humza100)

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire Z
    Thanks. MyBackup looks like what I need.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. MyBackup looks like what I need.
    Is the battery life really that bad? Other than that, what do you think of the one X?

ReputationRep:
    Is the battery life really that bad? Other than that, what do you think of the one X?

I'm really liking Android coming from iOS. I took my phone to the Olympic Park the other day and it didn't even last half a day with moderate use taking photos and basic internet use (no watching video or games). I didn't have any apps I shouldn't have running in the background so it can't have been that. I was just very disappointed with it. You can change the battery in the S3, which is now a major plus point for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    You should make a full nandroid backup
    I know why it's like that now, there's a new backup format where the bulk of the backup is stored in the blobs folder.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...97&postcount=1

ReputationRep:
    why in Opera Mini when downloading files will not open the page?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    Can anyone recommend a good ROM for the Galaxy Nexus? My new phone should be arriving from an insurance claim tomorrow, and I never rooted my last one. Thought this was a good chance to start! I have been looking at the CM9 RC1.I'm looking for something which is hopefully not too buggy

edit - also looking at liquid smooth.

Can anyone provide feedback? Thanks!
    Don't flash it! Your Nexus will have JB, which CM9 won't. It will be a little while yet before JB images will be incredibly stable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Don't flash it! Your Nexus will have JB, which CM9 won't. It will be a little while yet before JB images will be incredibly stable.
    Yeah I know that, but I am used to ICS (had my gnex for 6 months before it broke and only now getting round to claiming insurance) and also JB (from my nexus 7, which I am on right now incidentally) and I have a feeling that the extra customisation with cm9 might make it worth keeping as my standard ROM until cm10 is usable, or aokp upgrade to JB. Liquid smooth have a JB ROM in beta which looks like it may be well worth using when it has had a bit more development. Really I have a choice between using stock JB and having a bit of fun with an ICS ROM! I can always flash back to JB, or even try CM10/some other JB ROM. Let me know if you think I am mistaken!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Nexus 7

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.