Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this mean the Adreno 225 and (old) Mali 400 are pretty much the same? (1:26)

That's interesting.

Nah I think the One S just ****ed the S2 up

ReputationRep:
    So I got a Galaxy Nexus back in my hands today for the first time in about 3.5 months (after not being bothered to send it off for insurance then the insurance company taking nearly a month to process the claim) and decided to root and flash CM10 as my first ROM. Have to say I am loving it! Was a bit of a pain fiddling with the drivers and such but then using the toolkit to unlock and root was a breeze, and flashing the ROM was easy! Even installed myself a nice new custom boot animation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    So I got a Galaxy Nexus back in my hands today for the first time in about 3.5 months (after not being bothered to send it off for insurance then the insurance company taking nearly a month to process the claim) and decided to root and flash CM10 as my first ROM. Have to say I am loving it! Was a bit of a pain fiddling with the drivers and such but then using the toolkit to unlock and root was a breeze, and flashing the ROM was easy! Even installed myself a nice new custom boot animation.
    Good work! Just remember that now you've started flashing custom ROMs, you'll never stop. :yep: Titanium Backup is your friend here!

Just got my PAC (code) and ordered my One S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Good work! Just remember that now you've started flashing custom ROMs, you'll never stop. :yep: Titanium Backup is your friend here!
    So true, I am already eyeing an AOKP JB build :teeth: Gonna start flashing my Nexus 7 too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Just got my PAC (code) and ordered my One S
    Nice phone. Mate has one, I really quite like it. How much I'd like it even more if she let me put a custom ROM on it though...

(Original post by tface)
    So true, I am already eyeing an AOKP JB build :teeth: Gonna start flashing my Nexus 7 too
    AOKP > AOSP, IMO. :yep:

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    Nice phone. Mate has one, I really quite like it. How much I'd like it even more if she let me put a custom ROM on it though...
    I think I'll be putting a different ROM on it, but I'm not sure when. I didn't even give Sense a chance last time, but I'll be busy for the next few weeks, so maybe I'll flash after that period.

The rooting procedure looks way more complicated than it was for the Hero though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    My GS2 auto updated to ICS 4.04 yesterday. Thought I'd have to do through Kies though
    (Original post by es.c)
    It should be getting the JB update, its just a matter of when. Android 4 was released in November, Samsung got it out in May if I remember correctly, that's 6 month wait-ish. So you can expect 4.1 around December at earliest. Flash is just outdated. To be honest, I use the Google chrome browser on my phone which doesn't have flash, and I can safely say I never required it. HTML5 is the new way forward and its getting more popular. Flash will eventually be a thing of the past
    The changes in the codebase from 2.3.3 to 4.0.x we're huge hence why it took so long, look at the guys from CM as well for a comparison with how quick you can get stock onto the phone. That said now that the hard work has been done then it should be a bit quicker to get 4.1.x on the S2. Well that's the hope

My mum's S2 is still on 2.3.3 :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    My mum's S2 is still on 2.3.3 :nothing:
    :wtf: Upgrade it for her :ahee:

(Original post by Karma Charger)
    :wtf: Upgrade it for her :ahee:
    I'll be installing Kies shortly. Will I have to back up first? :dong:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be installing Kies shortly. Will I have to back up first? :dong:
    You don't have to, but I'd recommend it.

EDIT: You can do an OTA update, just go to settings, about phone and upgrade. Though that'll upgrade it to 4.03, not 4.04.

(Original post by Karma Charger)
    You don't have to, but I'd recommend it.

EDIT: You can do an OTA update, just go to settings, about phone and upgrade. Though that'll upgrade it to 4.03, not 4.04.
    It said I needed a Samsung account when I tried that, and I hate signing up for things :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    The changes in the codebase from 2.3.3 to 4.0.x we're huge hence why it took so long, look at the guys from CM as well for a comparison with how quick you can get stock onto the phone. That said now that the hard work has been done then it should be a bit quicker to get 4.1.x on the S2. Well that's the hope
    I really hope its a lot quicker. It seemed like forever last time

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

All these pictures are making me :coma:

I'm much more excited than I should be.

ngl I'm gettin' mad right now

Got my phone... it's using the Qualcomm S3, mother****er

Who should I contact? Mobiles (doesn't seem like a good idea), CPW (there's a shop in town), or HTC? I could try this maybe?

ReputationRep:
    I had no idea they were selling gimped One S's.

(Original post by G8D)
    I had no idea they were selling gimped One S's.
    I know, what the ****? The UK is meant to be supplied with ones with the S4, so how I have this, I don't know. Who do you think I should contact (first)?

ReputationRep:
    I know, what the ****? The UK is meant to be supplied with ones with the S4, so how I have this, I don't know. Who do you think I should contact (first)?
    I'd ring HTC directly

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.