Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    There's no way I could have backed up an app's data without root, right? :unsure:
    I think astro can...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...go.astro&hl=en

Oh no...

ReputationRep:
    Lots of rumours stating Jellybean will be rolling out on Samsung devices from next month. If it does come to the SII, is it worth upgrading? I don't want to lose the ability to use flash But I want Google Now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    Lots of rumours stating Jellybean will be rolling out on Samsung devices from next month. If it does come to the SII, is it worth upgrading? I don't want to lose the ability to use flash But I want Google Now
    You can still get it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

I've been racking my head all day trying to find a way to unlock my bootloader without voiding my warranty (:facepalm2:) but I've just thought of something. My HTC warranty should be separate from my CPW warranty, shouldn't it? The CPW warranty is 24 months, the length of the contract.

Will I be safe? :beard:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've been racking my head all day trying to find a way to unlock my bootloader without voiding my warranty (:facepalm2:) but I've just thought of something. My HTC warranty should be separate from my CPW warranty, shouldn't it? The CPW warranty is 24 months, the length of the contract.

Will I be safe? :beard:
    Is there no way of re-locking it?

(Original post by alex_hk90)
    Is there no way of re-locking it?
    I have seen a few methods, but after unlocking the HBOOT screen shows * Tampered * at the top, and after relocking it will say * Re-locked * instead of just * locked *.

This phone...

palindrome

ReputationRep:
    Anyone recommend a good internet browser? I've used dolphin mini and chrome and neither is great on my phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Anyone recommend a good internet browser? I've used dolphin mini and chrome and neither is great on my phone.
    Chrome is the best! But there's also Opera mini

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by es.c)
    Chrome is the best! But there's also Opera mini
    Name:  Screenshot_2012-08-26-14-54-16.png
Views: 79
Size:  10.4 KB
    That didn't go well, got stuck on here and then flashed up with a screen about the connection.

That didn't go well, got stuck on here and then flashed up with a screen about the connection.
    What phone do you have? Have you tried full Dolphin?

Or maybe... Miren?

ReputationRep:
    What phone do you have? Have you tried full Dolphin?

Or maybe... Miren?
    Just a low end HTC Desire C. I've downloaded full dolphin and will try it later. Faring better than opera mini so far but that obviously isn't saying much.

ReputationRep:

I think there's the full Opera browser too for your phone. Have a look in the Play store

I tried Firefox on the first of my exchanged phones, I quite liked it but the text on here was in different sizes all over the place

(Original post by rorydaredking)
    Not necessarily, send my DHD away for a repaid and it was h-off, and this is probably the easiest way to tell if something is messed with, you go to boot loader and it says h-off rather than h-on. Also had CWM recovery installed, and they sent me a replacement no problems.
    :beard:

Phandroid became a pretty bad site.

(Original post by G8D)
    Phandroid became a pretty bad site.
    What's changed?

What's changed?
    I used to go there regularly for Android news and things :moon:

It just seems ****e. I'd much rather use AP or even The Verge for Android news.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.