Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any recommendations for any good music/media players for android? The stock one is crap.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Potato

(Original post by nosaer)
    Anyone got any recommendations for any good music/media players for android? The stock one is crap.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Potato
    Winamp and Poweramp (this one especially) were recommended about a page ago.

I've been using Music Player Pro for ages now, just putting it out there :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Need help guys, just got my new S3, but i've been on Symbian for the last 2 and a half years so completely deprived of apps
    If you could recommend a few 'must have' apps that would be great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBeJelBeReem)
    Need help guys, just got my new S3, but i've been on Symbian for the last 2 and a half years so completely deprived of apps
    If you could recommend a few 'must have' apps that would be great!
    TSR, red laser barcode scanner, odeon, screen filter, angry birds, whatsapp, drawsomething, chrome, fastburst camera, flashlight

To name a few

ReputationRep:
    Is opera the best browser for minimising data usage? Or are there better browsers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBeJelBeReem)
    Is opera the best browser for minimising data usage? Or are there better browsers?
    Opera is designed mainly for minimal data usage. As for the best browser, it all comes down to taste like on a computer. There's Firefox, chrome, safari, but everyone hates the stock internet (internet explorer)

ReputationRep:
    android jelly bean such a very amazing OS ever in the history of android and it also avail on samsung galaxy s2 update.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morisswalker)
    android jelly bean such a very amazing OS ever in the history of android and it also avail on samsung galaxy s2 update.
    ? You mean unofficially on the S2?

ReputationRep:
    jelly bean is meant to be officially released very soon on the s3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveDavids)
    jelly bean is meant to be officially released very soon on the s3
    Apparently they'll release it on the S2 soon after, assuming it passes all the tests. I want my hands on Google now and butter :sogood:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

ReputationRep:
    Got JB running very nicely on my Desire S at the mo. Nice stock ROM.

I think my phone will never see a stable release after GB, sadface.

ReputationRep:
    Downloaded Onavo, and Onavo Extend, got 750mb and worried i will go over. Sticking to Wifi alot, but any tips/apps or things to disable to get more mb per month of my S3?

The lack of ROMs is really getting to me now :emo:

Virtually the whole of my phone's development sub-forum is filled with ROMs for... the other model :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Which UI is better, touchwiz or sense? Out of those two...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    Which UI is better, touchwiz or sense?
    I'll throw one in the hat for "stock" :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    I'll throw one in the hat for "stock" :p:
    I meant out of those two :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    Which UI is better, touchwiz or sense? Out of those two...
    I don't know about newer versions of TouchWiz but I've always been a fan of Sense.

I'm really enjoying Sense 4. I recently updated my mum's S2 to 4.0.something, and I assume it still has TouchWiz. There doesn't seem to be any progression (coming from 2.3.3 and whatever version of TW it shipped with) and it still looks rather... iPhoney. I'd rather take stock over TouchWiz, but probably Sense over stock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I don't know about newer versions of TouchWiz but I've always been a fan of Sense.
    My friend has an HTC, can't remember whether it was a wildfire or desire and I preferred the UI on my S2. I haven't tried newer versions of sense so I can't comment. Seems to be a very dividing topic... I think touchwiz is more simplistic tbh (which isn't a bad thing, look at the iPhone!)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.