Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I'm really enjoying Sense 4. I recently updated my mum's S2 to 4.0.something, and I assume it still has TouchWiz. There doesn't seem to be any progression (coming from 2.3.3 and whatever version of TW it shipped with) and it still looks rather... iPhoney. I'd rather take stock over TouchWiz, but probably Sense over stock.
    Yeah it barely changed, the only difference I saw was the font :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    This is a pretty nooby question, but if you send a text to multiple contacts, it appears as a group chat text on your phone. Will it appear the same to everyone else, and will they have to reply to the group as a whole? Will they see everyone else's numbers that I sent a text to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheepmaster317)
    This is a pretty nooby question, but if you send a text to multiple contacts, it appears as a group chat text on your phone. Will it appear the same to everyone else, and will they have to reply to the group as a whole? Will they see everyone else's numbers that I sent a text to?
    Nope. It just appears as a single text to every recipient.

Your phone will attempt to collate responses it believes to be part of the group conversation into that same thread but it's a bit sketchy.

ReputationRep:
    I love my S2 but I'm bored with it. There's no phone out there I want either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I love my S2 but I'm bored with it. There's no phone out there I want either
    Have you rooted and installed custom ROMs? Should stave away boredom for a while if you haven't

ReputationRep:
    Samsung Galaxy Note II specs look amazing. 1.6ghz quad core processor, 2gb of ram :eek4:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Finally got round to rooting my phone. Now my Wi-Fi doesn't work.

I hate this.

Oh. It's back.

ReputationRep:
    :teehee:

That's the way it goes sometimes!

Still wish I had the S4 :sigh:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Still wish I had the S4 :sigh:

:getmecoat:
    Decided not to make them send you another one? I would!

(Original post by tface)
    Decided not to make them send you another one? I would!
    I've tried. I've sent it back a couple of times, I've asked about CPW's stock, I've called HTC (who said they're exclusively using the S3 now), I'm not sure what else I could do. I don't think I could exchange with T-Mobile because only the contract is linked to them... but I could give it a go...

ReputationRep:
    Whats everyones favourite launcher ? I've tried GO Launcher and Nova Launcher, any others to try?

ReputationRep:
    A good news from Sony for android OS lover. Sony will be launched soon its Xperia tablets which is the fully loaded latest features.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBeJelBeReem)
    Whats everyones favourite launcher ? I've tried GO Launcher and Nova Launcher, any others to try?
    Apex for me if you're on ICS/JB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Apex for me if you're on ICS/JB.
    I'll give it a go, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    After being on the painstakingly awful Symbian for 5 years, Android is taking some getting used too..

ReputationRep:
    Amazon app store available in the UK now!!

ReputationRep:
    Does the galaxy s3 support usb 3.0? via the usb adapter?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1850917 :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    So, the time is drawing near for me to retire my trusty San Francisco which has been an absolute workhorse for the last 2 years. I want something a bit zippier and swish. I've just bought a Nexus 7 which I love and I adore, so the Samsung Galaxy Note (and forthcoming Note II) aren't contenders. I'm toying with either the Galaxy SIII or the Galaxy Nexus but I'm not sure what to go for.

Thoughts?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.