Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    So, I went to go play with the S III and the Nexus today...

I don't know if it was a function of it being white, but I didn't like the look of the S III... and as fast as it was, I didn't like the ROM on it... but then if I got the S III it'd be rooted and ROM'd anyway to get rid of all the stock bloat... I know it's a better specced phone overall though, so I'm struggling to decide.
    It's always a long road when you're waiting for the next hardware to arrive and we haven't heard any rumours yet but possibly wait for the next Nexus phone. If not then I'd get a GN. Although the one complaint from friends about it is the camera

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    :nooo:

I don't think it's a hugely aesthetically pleasing phone, if I'm honest. It's not winning any style awards from me... but style aside; I'd have to get it in that Pebble Blue (or if they pull their fingers out and get it over to the UK, the newly announced Sapphire Black) as the white is ****ing ugly. :lolwut:

:sigh:
    The blue looks cheap and nasty, it's 3 different colours, the front, back and home button don't match at all, if you look at it side on it's shocking. I think white looks ok, but the grey/silver looks better, but dunno when that will be out.

ReputationRep:
    As of today I am now the proud owner of a samsung galaxy s3, just rooted it too.

And I have one thing to say, having come from having a htc wildfire, the specs on this are insane!

(Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    having come from having a htc wildfire
    :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    :hahaha:
    How mature.

Now I can do everything I don't know what to do.

How mature.

Now I can do everything I don't know what to do.
    Apart from tweaking it, I don't really know what to do with my phone either. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Apart from tweaking it, I don't really know what to do with my phone either. :dontknow:
    Found something to do, I'm going to get the n64 emulator on then connect up my ps3 controller...

ReputationRep:
    LOVE my Galaxy S3. Best phone I've ever used, and I've exhausted through a fair dozen :headbang:

Found something to do, I'm going to get the n64 emulator on then connect up my ps3 controller...
    You can do that?!

The only emulator I've tried so far is Gameboid, with a Wii controller. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here with a 5" plus phone, like a Note, or SIII (4.8, I know)! Do you find it difficult to use one handed?

ReputationRep:
    Yes without a dout ita rather large in my hand (s3)

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300

ReputationRep:
    The day Gran Turismo is totally stable on an Android emulator... :moon:

ReputationRep:
    You can do that?!

You can, via USB or Bluetooth

Does anyone know what song this is? It's QUITE SIK

Soundhound found it! Kid For Today, Boards of Canada.

It's also at the end of the video.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have lost my Samsung Galaxy S2 today and although I had just made a Samsung account I never got round to enabling the account on my phone (samsung dive). I am going to ring t-mobile tomorrow and let them know but is there any hope. I had a years worth of family pics and over 500 contacts. Anything to help would be appreciated.

I am really annoyed at myself!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You can do that?!

You can play Mario Kart and really any N64 game with the PS3 controller.

I'd also suggest downloading Onlive, to play games.

(Original post by getfunky!)
    You can play Mario Kart and really any N64 game with the PS3 controller.

I'd also suggest downloading Onlive, to play games.
    Just installed it!

I have to sign up ¬_¬

Maybe in a week and 2 days :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by momanium)
    Hi,

I have lost my Samsung Galaxy S2 today and although I had just made a Samsung account I never got round to enabling the account on my phone (samsung dive). I am going to ring t-mobile tomorrow and let them know but is there any hope. I had a years worth of family pics and over 500 contacts. Anything to help would be appreciated.

I am really annoyed at myself!
    Download Androidlost from play.google.com

If you're phone hasn't been wiped already then it will automatically download on your phone, and go to the androidlost website from where you can activate the GPS and do lots of other stuff

ReputationRep:
    Google have blocked me from buying on the play store due to 'being a minor' :rolleyes:

The worst part is at first they just said I need to send identity confirmation, so I sent them a copy of my driving license and bill at my address as requested and THEN they said they've had an 'expert' review my evidence and decide I'm a minor.. Wtf

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.