Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Who's_buying?)
    Download Androidlost from play.google.com

If you're phone hasn't been wiped already then it will automatically download on your phone, and go to the androidlost website from where you can activate the GPS and do lots of other stuff
    I have just installed that and send the remote text. The *******s have had it off since, although I am sure it loads of battery left. I had a dotted security thing but it was just in the shape of a Z so no problems there!

Weird thing is when I first lost it and I tried to ring, it would stay silent for a very long time until saying "you have reached the voicemail". Now it goes straight to it!

So I am hoping that it will work, I presume it will still work without the sim in. I dont know if they have wiped it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Google have blocked me from buying on the play store due to 'being a minor' :rolleyes:

The worst part is at first they just said I need to send identity confirmation, so I sent them a copy of my driving license and bill at my address as requested and THEN they said they've had an 'expert' review my evidence and decide I'm a minor.. Wtf
    :lolwut: How old are you? Without sounding like a complete pedophile

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    :lolwut: How old are you? Without sounding like a complete pedophile

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    I'm 18... That's why I'm confused.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18... That's why I'm confused.
    Minors are 21 in the US for drinking, so that may be something to do with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by momanium)
    I have just installed that and send the remote text. The *******s have had it off since, although I am sure it loads of battery left. I had a dotted security thing but it was just in the shape of a Z so no problems there!

Weird thing is when I first lost it and I tried to ring, it would stay silent for a very long time until saying "you have reached the voicemail". Now it goes straight to it!

So I am hoping that it will work, I presume it will still work without the sim in. I dont know if they have wiped it.
    Make sure you report it as stolen/ missing and get the SIM blocked ASAP. I lost my phone but I didn't report it until a few days later but in that time they'd rung up £600 of international calls which I was liable for :/

ReputationRep:
    Just got my wiimote and nunchuck working with my S3.

WAS A ***** TO DO.

I had to flash to cyanogenmod 9 because of bluetooth issues....

Oh well, cyanogenmod is better anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suneilr)
    Make sure you report it as stolen/ missing and get the SIM blocked ASAP. I lost my phone but I didn't report it until a few days later but in that time they'd rung up £600 of international calls which I was liable for :/
    Yeah I reported it stolen today and t-mobile have also blacklisted the phone. I presume this means the phone is useless now even if they change the sim etc.
    Its irritating cause they either turned it off straight away and have left it off or switched the sim immediately. No calls etc have been made and I cant connect any of my remoteaccess apps to it.

ReputationRep:
    Which one should I get next year: HTC One S or Sony Xperia T? I want to buy a new phone next year for the new 4G signal on T-Mobile.

ReputationRep:
    My parents & sister have offered to buy me a Galaxy S3/One X for my 21st Birthday. Should I get it? I'm seriously tempted, but I just got my S2 a year ago...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    My parents & sister have offered to buy me a Galaxy S3/One X for my 21st Birthday. Should I get it? I'm seriously tempted, but I just got my S2 a year ago...
    Maybe you'd enjoy a tablet more in addition to your S2 instead of an upgrade? You could get a really nice tablet for the same price as an SIII

(Original post by nathano14)
    Which one should I get next year: HTC One S or Sony Xperia T? I want to buy a new phone next year for the new 4G signal on T-Mobile.
    Can the One S use 4G? First I've heard of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Can the One S use 4G? First I've heard of it
    AFAIK no UK phones currently are capable of using anything above 3.5G.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you'd enjoy a tablet more in addition to your S2 instead of an upgrade? You could get a really nice tablet for the same price as an SIII
    Not really a fan of tablets tbh, I just don't see the point in them.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    This is just full of win. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I thought I'd install S Voice on my S2 just to see how bad it really is. Had to get rid of the voice command app, S voice app installed without a problem. The app crashes as soon as you open it :lol: It really is awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    This is just full of win. :awesome:
    :lol: Agreed. Gotta love Chinese rip off merchants!

ReputationRep:
    I hope this patent war gets bigger and bigger.

It needs to so that the patent office can be scrapped as it is and reformed. It's very broken at the moment.

I mean why do apple get to have a monopoly on rectangles with rounded corners?!

ReputationRep:
    S2 needs jellybean already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rival_)
    S2 needs jellybean already
    What are you talking about, I've been using jelly bean on my S2 for months :smug:

ReputationRep:
    What are you talking about, I've been using jelly bean on my S2 for months :smug:

Which rom are you using?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.