Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewFromTheNorth)
    I went for the best/cheapest deal i could get with internet which is £25 a month for 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 500mb internet.
    I trust this is orange, yeah?

They were doing the dolphin 35 for 25 a few months ago, so i've got 900 mins instead of 600. Don't use much of it at all, but at least it's there :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    I trust this is orange, yeah?

They were doing the dolphin 35 for 25 a few months ago, so i've got 900 mins instead of 600. Don't use much of it at all, but at least it's there :P
    Cool. I reckon with my long phone calls, i may use a couple of hundred minutes every month heh. I don't understand how anybody could actually be on the phone for 900 minutes a month though (which some people must, since they offer that deal), that works out at half an hour a day every single day. I'd be knackered.

ReputationRep:
    Cool. I reckon with my long phone calls, i may use a couple of hundred minutes every month heh. I don't understand how anybody could actually be on the phone for 900 minutes a month though (which some people must, since they offer that deal), that works out at half an hour a day every single day. I'd be knackered.
    Same :P

How long did it take you to get youtube partner status btw?

ReputationRep:
    Well- even 900 minutes ain't enough for things like long distance relationships :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
    How much are you guys with HTC Heros paying for your contract? What do you get with it?
    I've just got a T-Mobile G2 touch (which is the Hero but rebranded) for £30 a month for 18months, 800 mins, ultd texts, ultd data. Oh and I'm getting £25 high street vouchers through their recommend a friend scheme - my friend is on T-Mobile and she gets £25 high street vouchers for recommending me. It think I also get free calls or something but I have 800 mins so don't really need them!

ReputationRep:
    just found out about this very cool keyboard replacement! Swype. so far it's been extremely easy to use. the only issue so far is that it doesn't support 800x480 on the nexus one but the 480x800 version is very nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    Same :P

How long did it take you to get youtube partner status btw?
    I spent ages making what one of my friends recently rightly called 'average teenage vlogs' mostly and got to 500 subscribers. Made a music video which went viral and applied once i'd hit 600 subscribers off that. At the time, i had about 100,000 total video views for all videos put together. (now its about 500k, if you're wondering:p: )

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how to move text messages from the phone to the SIM card on the HTC Hero?

ReputationRep:
    Im really struggling to get to grips with this people widget. I want to use it, but it just doesn't work how I would like it to. The problem is, I don't want a default option of what to do with each contact, I just want the widget to take me to their contact card so that I can choose how to contact them. I don't always want to phone someone etc. So it would be usefull to be able to choose. Anyone know how to do this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    Anyone know how to move text messages from the phone to the SIM card on the HTC Hero?
    Not to SIM... but MyBackup will back them all up to SDCard if that's any use to you.

(Original post by biffyclyro27)
    Im really struggling to get to grips with this people widget. I want to use it, but it just doesn't work how I would like it to. The problem is, I don't want a default option of what to do with each contact, I just want the widget to take me to their contact card so that I can choose how to contact them. I don't always want to phone someone etc. So it would be usefull to be able to choose. Anyone know how to do this?
    Just touch on the picture of the person - it will take you to their contact card!

ReputationRep:
    stupid question but............

any idea how to change text message ring tone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    stupid question but............

any idea how to change text message ring tone?
    Open Messages > Menu key > Settings > Select Sound

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Not to SIM... but MyBackup will back them all up to SDCard if that's any use to you.
    So if I use MyBackup, back up the text thread I want to save, and then delete the thread in my message inbox, will it stay in MyBackup? Sounds like a retarded question but I don't want to delete them accidentally!

ReputationRep:
    Open Messages > Menu key > Settings > Select Sound
    nice one had this phone for almost half a year now and haven't figured that out lmao

ReputationRep:
    So if I use MyBackup, back up the text thread I want to save, and then delete the thread in my message inbox, will it stay in MyBackup? Sounds like a retarded question but I don't want to delete them accidentally!
    Yup!

Bear in mind you can only use the free version for 30 days, after which you'll need the full version to restore them

(Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    nice one had this phone for almost half a year now and haven't figured that out lmao
    Nice! :awesome:

Edit: Thanks for the rep.

ReputationRep:
    Yup!

Bear in mind you can only use the free version for 30 days, after which you'll need the full version to restore them
    Cheers, I've downloaded it, didn't realise you had to pay after 30 days though so I downloaded a different app which is free. Any other apps you want to recommend while you're at it?

ReputationRep:
    Or you can use the "Phone" button - I keep it on my homepage - and hold your finger on the contact and select contact card.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, I've downloaded it, didn't realise you had to pay after 30 days though so I downloaded a different app which is free. Any other apps you want to recommend while you're at it?
    WaveSecure Beta

Lets you remotely lock, wipe, backup and track your phone via the web or text message. If I were to recommend only 1 app, that'd be it. After all, you lose your phone, someone else has your emails, facebook, contacts etc...

ReputationRep:

Just touch on the picture of the person - it will take you to their contact card!
    If you touch the picture of the person, it does the default action set for that person i.e ring them or text them. Thats the problem, I want it to go to the contact card, but it doesn't. If you touch there name at the bottom, but not the picture, it goes to the contact card. But the name is quite small, and I sometimes press the other one by accident. I just wish that I could opt to have no default action, or have the default action as going to the contact card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    If you touch the picture of the person, it does the default action set for that person i.e ring them or text them. Thats the problem, I want it to go to the contact card, but it doesn't. If you touch there name at the bottom, but not the picture, it goes to the contact card. But the name is quite small, and I sometimes press the other one by accident. I just wish that I could opt to have no default action, or have the default action as going to the contact card.

This one? Touching faces goes to contact card for me. I have to press the icon on the right of each picture to do the default actions...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.