Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    I'm bored of my S2, really want root it whatever it's called, but it'll void my warranty , I'm scared of bricking my phone...
    samsungs are easy to root.

Now HTC are evil. (I've bricked a G1 and a wildfire)

(Original post by Jippet)
    Any ideas when jelly bean will be released for HTC One X?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    I saw a picture on a blog that said September. I've been looking for this picture for the last few minutes, but I can't find it now!

ReputationRep:
    I swear there are already roms for jellybean on HTC one X

(Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    I swear there are already roms for jellybean on HTC one X
    Yeah, I think they're AOSP, not official ones. HTC are ****ing slow man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Yeah, I think they're AOSP, not official ones. HTC are ****ing slow man
    I'm waiting on cyanogenmod 10 to be a bit more stable before I get it (I use youtube videos so the filter issues will piss me off)

I'm waiting on cyanogenmod 10 to be a bit more stable before I get it (I use youtube videos so the filter issues will piss me off)
    yooo what filter issues? It's amazing how devs do all of this :daydreaming: I want to try it, but I don't know when/if I could

ReputationRep:
    yooo what filter issues? It's amazing how devs do all of this :daydreaming: I want to try it, but I don't know when/if I could
    It's mainly driver development. Boring as hell!

It's mainly driver development. Boring as hell!
    Oh. That's considerably less exciting than I originally thought.

ReputationRep:
    Oh. That's considerably less exciting than I originally thought.
    If I rooted my phone and bricked it and it needed fixing. What if I dropped it in a bowl of water and sent it off for repair? Would they know what happened to it? Btw, my warranty with Samsung expired but I have gadget insurance for students...

If I rooted my phone and bricked it and it needed fixing. What if I dropped it in a bowl of water and sent it off for repair? Would they know what happened to it? Btw, my warranty with Samsung expired but I have gadget insurance for students...
    Water damage will not be covered by your warranty. There are tabs inside the phone (and battery I think) that indicate whether or not there has been substantial water present inside your phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Water damage will not be covered by your warranty. There are tabs inside the phone (and battery I think) that indicate whether or not there has been substantial water present inside your phone.
    I dropped my S2 in water last year and got it replaced by my insurance company... It cost £25 though...

ReputationRep:
    I dropped my S2 in water last year and got it replaced by my insurance company... It cost £25 though...
    That's nothing to do with the warranty though

As G8D said, warranty doesn't cover water damage, or in fact accidental damage of any kind. If you have a manufacture related hardware issue then they should repair it even if it's rooted. As far as I am aware, they can't reject the warranty unless they can prove it was caused by rooting.

ReputationRep:
    If you have insurance then yeah they'll probably pay out.

Though that is usually called insurance fraud.

ReputationRep:
    Bricking a samsung is hard to do if you use the samsung toolkits released by the xda guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fraud, how? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Fraud, how? :beard:
    Well assuming it doesn't cover 'purposeful damage' its the phone equivalent of having home insurance and committing self-arson to get them to pay out.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping someone on here can help me out.

I ported my t-mobile no. over to Talkmobile on the fifth. Sim card arrived today and I've bumped it into My samsung Galaxy. However, there is a sim card icon with an exclamation mark in the top right hand corner. Anyone know what this means? I can't send texts etc so I'm guessing it's to do with a sim not recognisable or something?

Also, my galaxy is asking for a network code. I thought the phone is network unlocked when your previous contract runs out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    For crying out loud, that sig is creepy. I might have to add it to adblockplus.

(Original post by cowsforsale)
    I thought the phone is network unlocked when your previous contract runs out?
    lol

What model is your phone? You should be able to get an unlock code from a website like unlocking.com (which I used for my venerable Hero), or from T-Mobile, but they'll most likely charge a lot.

ReputationRep:
    lol

What model is your phone? You should be able to get an unlock code from a website like unlocking.com (which I used for my venerable Hero), or from T-Mobile, but they'll most likely charge a lot.
    samsung galaxy s (I)

old network was t-mobile.

Just found out I should be able to get it done for free since my 2 year contract with them is over.. Will call them up tomorrow .

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.