Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by outlaw-torn)
    I've got an S2 on Vodafone - when will I be able to update to Jelly Bean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have that too. Apparently Samsung will be rolling out jb to the S2 in November. So we'll probably get it on kies by late November/December.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Settings > Accounts and Sync, then have a look at Twitter and Gmail?
    It says nothing about notifications...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'Sync Twitter' has to be selected.
    'Sync Gmail' has to be selected.

derrrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    'Sync Twitter' has to be selected.
    'Sync Gmail' has to be selected.

derrrr
    It is... :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    It is... :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well then just say that. That is part of your notification setting. If apps aren't syncing they can't provide notifications.

On that same page is 'Auto Sync' and 'Background Data' enabled?

ReputationRep:
    Sup y'all. Still on CM7.2 (supposed to be 'stable', reason I haven't put CM10 yet).

Got a weird problem. My brother says often when he calls me it says that my phone is off/goes to voicemail. Texts come through though. Not sure what it could be. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    Sup y'all. Still on CM7.2 (supposed to be 'stable', reason I haven't put CM10 yet).

Got a weird problem. My brother says often when he calls me it says that my phone is off/goes to voicemail. Texts come through though. Not sure what it could be. Any ideas?
    As far as I can tell this is generally a network problem rather than a phone problem. Connections aren't always consistent but a text will come through when you regain proper connection. A phone call has to be in real time.

It may be software but I've not found any solution for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    As far as I can tell this is generally a network problem rather than a phone problem. Connections aren't always consistent but a text will come through when you regain proper connection. A phone call has to be in real time.

It may be software but I've not found any solution for it.
    Interesting. I live where it's always full bars so I hope that's not a problem. I'll go through all the network settings (call forwarding, blocked numbers and all that) in a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    Interesting. I live where it's always full bars so I hope that's not a problem. I'll go through all the network settings (call forwarding, blocked numbers and all that) in a bit.
    Let me know if you work something out.

ReputationRep:
    Have a wildfire s, keeps cutting me offline so then have to do full search again.

Smartphone pfft.

Will probably be going back to a standard nokia 6300 or something of the sort. Will just have to keep a map and compass handy in case I get lost :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Okay can someone help me?
    I'm having trouble with my Samsung Galaxy S3 i'm not used to Smartphones and I just need a few tips.

I would like to set my text message notification to vibrate only. I can't seem to figure out how to do this correctly as at the moment it's just silent when I get a new text.
    Can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saliency)
    Okay can someone help me?
    I'm having trouble with my Samsung Galaxy S3 i'm not used to Smartphones and I just need a few tips.

I would like to set my text message notification to vibrate only. I can't seem to figure out how to do this correctly as at the moment it's just silent when I get a new text.
    Can anyone help?
    Not at all familiar with this phone but if you press the menu button whilst in the Messages app and go into the settings you may see notification settings. From there you can set the phone to vibrate always so it's not off when the phone is muted.

Might not be the same for your phone though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Not at all familiar with this phone but if you press the menu button whilst in the Messages app and go into the settings you may see notification settings. From there you can set the phone to vibrate always so it's not off when the phone is muted.

Might not be the same for your phone though.
    Thank you but I can't seem to see this option

ReputationRep:
    Thank you but I can't seem to see this option
    Try the sound options in the Settings app?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Try the sound options in the Settings app?
    Yeah i've been playing around with it all day but nothing seems to work. Theres not a clear vibration option for text messages.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i've been playing around with it all day but nothing seems to work. Theres not a clear vibration option for text messages.:confused:
    I suspect that vibration settings may be global (in that they apply to both messages and calls in the same way). Not sure that helps you, but I'm not sure you can set them separately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I suspect that vibration settings may be global (in that they apply to both messages and calls in the same way). Not sure that helps you, but I'm not sure you can set them separately.
    Okay thanks. My ringtone is set to vibrate as well so i'm not really sure but thanks for the help anyway :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks. My ringtone is set to vibrate as well so i'm not really sure but thanks for the help anyway :yy:
    If you press the volume rocker up 1 press, does the phone vibrate with no audible sound made? If so you're done if not I think you'll need to go into sound settings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Intriguing Alias)
    If you press the volume rocker up 1 press, does the phone vibrate with no audible sound made? If so you're done if not I think you'll need to go into sound settings.
    Yeah I've tried that too. I posted on a Samsung forum and apparently there is no way you can get your incomong texts to vibrate. You have to download an app which is really strange.. This so called great phone can't even vibrate without an app.

At least it's fixed now. Thanks everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Well then just say that. That is part of your notification setting. If apps aren't syncing they can't provide notifications.

On that same page is 'Auto Sync' and 'Background Data' enabled?
    Nothing like that on 'Accounts and sync'. All it has is my accounts, and two options 'sync all' and 'add account'...

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.