Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Quite quick: http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/26/34...-iii-reset-fix

ReputationRep:
    This isn't a fix that was in response to the disclosure this week, it was already fixed (intentional or not) in the latest S3 firmware. It's still not fixed for all the other devices running affected.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    hey guys, got a little question. Does anyone know what sort of an upgrade deal i might expect?

I currently got a HTC desire hd on Orange, 200 minutes, unlimited texts, 500mb data but i wanna switch to the samsung galaxy s3 (and obv stay on orange, also i will be entitled to EE4G).

Does anyone know how the deals go as far as upgrades are concerned? do you stay on your same mobile plan but just gotta pay for the new handset itself?

thanks bros

ReputationRep:
    So my phone is due for an upgrade, I'm currently using an Xperia x8. The options I have are, to the best that I can see, the £15 a month deals here. Thinking of the galaxy ace plus, any thoughts? I was thinking that or the HTC one V, but that's out of stock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    hey guys, got a little question. Does anyone know what sort of an upgrade deal i might expect?

I currently got a HTC desire hd on Orange, 200 minutes, unlimited texts, 500mb data but i wanna switch to the samsung galaxy s3 (and obv stay on orange, also i will be entitled to EE4G).

Does anyone know how the deals go as far as upgrades are concerned? do you stay on your same mobile plan but just gotta pay for the new handset itself?

thanks bros
    Depends, sometimes you get a new handset for the same plan, sometimes you pay a smaller amount for the handset (compared to retail). If you want you can just renew the contract, tends to be cheaper if you don't get a new handset from the company.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by A.J10)
    Depends, sometimes you get a new handset for the same plan, sometimes you pay a smaller amount for the handset (compared to retail). If you want you can just renew the contract, tends to be cheaper if you don't get a new handset from the company.
    hmm, yeah if i renew the contract for instance, is it two years again?

I reckon my desire hd can last another two years, it's a reliable phone so far. Plus I use screen protection and a case to protect my baby

ReputationRep:
    hmm, yeah if i renew the contract for instance, is it two years again?

I reckon my desire hd can last another two years, it's a reliable phone so far. Plus I use screen protection and a case to protect my baby
    If you can, you might as well nab a free phone It's what I'm doing now, but I'm so indecisive...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by A.J10)
    So my phone is due for an upgrade, I'm currently using an Xperia x8. The options I have are, to the best that I can see, the £15 a month deals here. Thinking of the galaxy ace plus, any thoughts? I was thinking that or the HTC one V, but that's out of stock.
    What do you need in terms of minutes/texts/data?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    What do you need in terms of minutes/texts/data?
    Bare minimum, I've never gone over the smallest plan they have (the £15 one). The plan, as far as I can see, is the same per price for all the phones.

Edit: not sure if it's one of those awkward urls that don't display the same unless you click tll the same links
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by A.J10)
    If you can, you might as well nab a free phone It's what I'm doing now, but I'm so indecisive...
    hmm, if i could get hold of an iphone 5, dont mind paying for the handset itself, like if its 100 quid from orange then ill buy it, then sell it straight away on ebay. It'll sell for 600+? so a 500 quid profit , im really happy with my phone now though.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, if i could get hold of an iphone 5, dont mind paying for the handset itself, like if its 100 quid from orange then ill buy it, then sell it straight away on ebay. It'll sell for 600+? so a 500 quid profit , im really happy with my phone now though.
    Sounds like a plan :cool: although there's probably something in your contract preventing that, and you'll pay an inflated monthly bill for that iPhone
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by A.J10)
    Bare minimum, I've never gone over the smallest plan they have (the £15 one). The plan, as far as I can see, is the same per price for all the phones.

Edit: not sure if it's one of those awkward urls that don't display the same unless you click tll the same links
    I can't see those phones (Ace Plus/One V) on a £15 plan from that link, are you on an existing VM customer tariff?

But a contract (with Orange, no less) that let you buy an iPhone for £100 would be pretty expensive.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    But a contract (with Orange, no less) that let you buy an iPhone for £100 would be pretty expensive.
    really? I thought the iphone handest (on contract) is around 100 quid anyway at Orange anyway?

really? I thought the iphone handest (on contract) is around 100 quid anyway at Orange anyway?
    http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/iphone

The model with the least memory is £110, but this is on top of a £36/month contract (:puke:). That's a total of £974!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/iphone

The model with the least memory is £110, but this is on top of a £36/month contract (:puke:). That's a total of £974!
    I was initially referring to an upgrade from my existing orange contract

I was initially referring to an upgrade from my existing orange contract
    Oh! Hmm, how much is your current contract?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh! Hmm, how much is your current contract?
    Well I have a HTC Desire HD, paying 25 a month, 200 minutes, unlimited texts, 500mb data!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    I can't see those phones (Ace Plus/One V) on a £15 plan from that link, are you on an existing VM customer tariff?
    Yeah, it's hidden under existing broadband customers.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E15i, because I'm probably at work.

Well I have a HTC Desire HD, paying 25 a month, 200 minutes, unlimited texts, 500mb data!!!
    Yeah I think you'd get charged hundreds for an iPhone and I don't know if they'd even let you keep your current contract with it!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.