Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Yeah I think you'd get charged hundreds for an iPhone and I don't know if they'd even let you keep your current contract with it!
    loool cant blame em, it sells for 600+ on ebay, they gotta make their margins on me :rant:

ReputationRep:
    I've got a question, why is it when you take a photo usually a white box appears on your face. I'm just wondering could somebody explain it to me, and also sometimes when I want too use it doesn't come up :/

(Original post by Kruz)
    I've got a question, why is it when you take a photo usually a white box appears on your face. I'm just wondering could somebody explain it to me, and also sometimes when I want too use it doesn't come up :/
    I believe it is a setting which focuses on faces (you can turn it off)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Face detection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninegrandstudent)
    What's the best app to track call time usage (SG2)? I use 3G Watchdog for data, Droidstats (which I think did call time!) used to crash my old S1 but if its reccomended I'd be willing to try again.

Never had any use for monitoring call time, I'd only use around 5 minutes a month, but after a week at uni I'm nearly 100 minutes already...
    Bumping this question due to no response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninegrandstudent)
    Bumping this question due to no response
    What network are you on? Vodafone have an app for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    What network are you on? Vodafone have an app for this.
    I'm on Orange.

ReputationRep:
    Guy I've got a few questions about the Spotify app. One question can I use it offline? and also every track I download does it take a bit of my memory?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Guy I've got a few questions about the Spotify app. One question can I use it offline? and also every track I download does it take a bit of my memory?
    I haven't used the Spotify app but since Spotify is a streaming service I would expect that you cannot use it offline and it will use some data for every track you download, but only use a small amount of memory (offline storage).

ReputationRep:
    So not really kept up with phones in the last few months. Any new monsters on the horizon or is it the usual April wait? The iPhone is a bit of a damp squid. Never had so little interest in an Apple phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

omdz damp squib

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    So not really kept up with phones in the last few months. Any new monsters on the horizon or is it the usual April wait? The iPhone is a bit of a damp squid. Never had so little interest in an Apple phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Keeping up with phones? What the **** do people do subscribe to a phone website about every single phone release? I buy a phone every couple of years see what is around, what I need and what I want to pay and then that's it for another year or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kratos90)
    Keeping up with phones? What the **** do people do subscribe to a phone website about every single phone release? I buy a phone every couple of years see what is around, what I need and what I want to pay and then that's it for another year or two.
    I keep up with technology usually. This is a technology subforum.

You're a casual buyer. Good for you. I have generally been an early adopter of technologies in the past (whether this was phones-- had one of the very first Android devices, games consoles, blu ray players etc). Big difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    The new Nexus device is presumably coming again in November/December, but there've only been some vague rumours concerning it.

(Original post by Kruz)
    Similar to on the desktop, you can download Playlists that then become available offline (these obviously take up storage space). Songs/playlists that you haven't downloaded are streamed and possibly cached a bit, but not in a way that inhibits the rest of your phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    The new Nexus device is presumably coming again in November/December, but there've only been some vague rumours concerning it.
    Ah yes, usually turns up out of nowhere early December. Should be interesting. Cant believe we're already about half way through this generation of phones (S3, One X). Time flies.

ReputationRep:
    My software 4.1 update for my S3 came out today. If you go to the Android website it will tell you when jelly bean will be available for the S3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I suspect in generations to come the excitement of new hardware will decrease a lot.
    We've reached a stage where the UIs won't really get much more demanding on the hardware, the only real thing I can see changing that would be increasingly high resolution screens.
    Android will become more about what third party content you can run than the features of the OS.

Google may surprise me with what they bring forward but we'll see.

finally, a ROM for my phone! With tweaks! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Upgrading my onex to 4.04 idk what the difference is or anything. Feels like I've missed out on so much phone gossip and what not lately.

ReputationRep:
    Jelly bean out this month for the S3, One X & One S :excited:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.