Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    I thought o2 was the only network provider without a reasonable limit on unlimited internet?
    Umm not sure. That's what I pay and get to be honnest. It's not too bad. I checked the terms and coniditions before using it so I think that's correct. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I have a limit and I'm on Vodafone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)

This one? Touching faces goes to contact card for me. I have to press the icon on the right of each picture to do the default actions...
    hmm, no mine doesn't looks like that, its similar, but instead of having two icons side by side, it just has a picture with a little phone icon overlaid ontop of the picture? Why don't I have this app. Do I have outdated firmware or something? I only just bought the phone.

My firmware version is 1.5

build number is 2.75.405.66

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    hmm, no mine doesn't looks like that, its similar, but instead of having two icons side by side, it just has a picture with a little phone icon overlaid ontop of the picture? Why don't I have this app. Do I have outdated firmware or something? I only just bought the phone.

My firmware version is 1.5

build number is 2.75.405.66
    I've no idea how you did that! I'm on 1.5 too... Errr....

You tried adding it to your homescreen again? Hit the + > HTC Widget > People

ReputationRep:
    I've no idea how you did that! I'm on 1.5 too... Errr....

You tried adding it to your homescreen again? Hit the + > HTC Widget > People
    Thats exactly what im doing. What build number are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
    Is 500mb net enough?
    well I have netcounter installed (an app) and it is telling me that since mid october when I installed it I have used ~550mb so it is plenty per month yeah

ReputationRep:
    Thats exactly what im doing. What build number are you?
    I'm running MoDaCo custom ROM atm, but I got the same behaviour with whatever build came on my phone in the first place... How odd!

ReputationRep:
    I'm running MoDaCo custom ROM atm, but I got the same behaviour with whatever build came on my phone in the first place... How odd!
    That is weird. I have emailed HTC about it, as I would much prefer your widget and thats the one they have pictured in their guide. Whats the benefit of running that custom ROM?

ReputationRep:
    That is weird. I have emailed HTC about it, as I would much prefer your widget and thats the one they have pictured in their guide. Whats the benefit of running that custom ROM?
    It's a little less laggy than the original ROM that was released by HTC. There's not much benefit over the latest ROM tbh, though it is rooted, not that I use that much at all. The only reason I have it is that it was released before the official update and I'm impatient!

ReputationRep:
    what does rooting the phone actually do? is it similar to jailbreaking an iPhone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    what does rooting the phone actually do? is it similar to jailbreaking an iPhone?
    Yep, pretty much!

the only notable difference I have is a fancy animation when changing orientation!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, pretty much!

the only notable difference I have is a fancy animation when changing orientation!
    Fair enough, I won't bother then.

ReputationRep:
    I found out that aparently the people widget changed on the latest rom update. The version I have is the newer one. Personally I prefer the older one.

ReputationRep:
    I found out that aparently the people widget changed on the latest rom update. The version I have is the newer one. Personally I prefer the older one.
    Good to know! I too prefer my version, more functionality!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been able to watch a video podcast on android? I'm trying to do it through Acast, but every video podcast is configured for the ipod and just gives me the message "Cannot play video". Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    How do you take screenshots?

ReputationRep:
    Whats the best/latest version of Android I can put on my phone now? Fancy an upgrade...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewFromTheNorth)
    How do you take screenshots?
    It's quite awkward. There are instructions here.

I have never done this though, so I won't be able to help you if it goes wrong. The screen I posted above I found on the net.

There may be an app that does it too, but I'm not 100% sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Whats the best/latest version of Android I can put on my phone now? Fancy an upgrade...
    You on the Magic IIRC?

If so, Android 2.1 can be installed if you fancy hacking your phone a bit. There's a guide here.

ReputationRep:
    You on the Magic IIRC?

If so, Android 2.1 can be installed if you fancy hacking your phone a bit. There's a guide here.
    Wicked, thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.