Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Really? That doesn't sound great. I have about 2 months left on my contract so I'm going to start looking for a decent replacement now. It's been a good phone apart from these two times it's utterly died on me... :emo:
    It wasn't. The phone was less than 6 months old the first time it happened, it was away for 3+ weeks at a time, and the record was it lasted 37 days before it died again. I had the phone in total for around 9/10 months before they replaced it I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    Mine has Ice Cream Sandwich, I just put the French update on, but UK one should follow shortly. I want root so I can use apps like Wifi Kill and Droidsheep.
    Oh really? **** I should have done a bit more research before purchasing the phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Oh really? **** I should have done a bit more research before purchasing the phone.
    ICS only came out last week to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    ICS only came out last week to be fair.
    but apparently if I root my HTC Desire C I could get the jellybean up date...

ReputationRep:
    Not liking the look of the LG Nexus phone. Firstly because it's LG, and secondly because of a maximum 16gb of storage with no card slot. Really? This thing is gonna sell as fast as Bermuda shorts in December.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I saw somewhere that that was shot down as the internal name of the Nexus S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Not liking the look of the LG Nexus phone. Firstly because it's LG, and secondly because of a maximum 16gb of storage with no card slot. Really? This thing is gonna sell as fast as Bermuda shorts in December.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LG can burn and go to hell with their mobile phone division.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    LG can burn and go to hell with their mobile phone division.
    Didn't you used to have a 2X? Cos that where the LG love is coming from lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you used to have a 2X? Cos that where the LG love is coming from lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :yep:

The useless brick of **** that was! :lol:

Shame really - it was blisteringly fast at the time, felt great in the hand and had a decent screen. It's software massively let it down, as did LG's ongoing support.

ReputationRep:
    Will the Samsung Galaxy S3 have a camera as decent as the iPhone? I know they have the same spec more or less but you can't always rely on that.

My HTC Desire has broken again and I've always considered the camera on that to be really bad.. I was looking at the HTC One X but I'm not going to bother now I know it doesn't have a micro SD slot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Will the Samsung Galaxy S3 have a camera as decent as the iPhone? I know they have the same spec more or less but you can't always rely on that.

My HTC Desire has broken again and I've always considered the camera on that to be really bad.. I was looking at the HTC One X but I'm not going to bother now I know it doesn't have a micro SD slot.
    http://bit.ly/TlDY9i

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I've Googled it myself a few times, just wondered whether anyone here had seen anything that actually compared the two. Bit of a last resort, if you will.

edit: I've just found something :mmm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku1iAMvddQI

Compares it to the 4S rather than the 5 but I don't think they've updated the camera anyway, I'm not sure there's much in it. It's certainly better than the one I have anyhow. I've always been jealous of the pictures my fiancée takes on his 4S so I think this might do the trick.

ReputationRep:
    I got rid of Apex, went back to Touchwiz UX (never gave it a chance). I quite like it actually...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know where the 'home setting' is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Ahh I really regret getting the HTC Desire C now, I could have gotten the Sony Xperia U. Generally everything seems better on that phone, and it's got the front camera feature which the Desire C doesn't have :/.
    Look on the bright side - the Xperia U is fugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    Look on the bright side - the Xperia U is fugly.
    Really? imo it's not that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Really? imo it's not that bad.
    It's all squary and has that plastic thing on the bottom that comes off and that queer little light thing going on. Personally I find the effect is to make it look more like a toy than a phone.

ReputationRep:
    So the Asus Pad phone is coming soon. Looks good but I still think tablets are pointless-- a large screen smartphone hits all the bases. My HP Touchpad is gathering dust. My bro recently got the new Samsung Note 10.1. Pretty cool thing but still pointless.
    So is the over priced iPad 3.

ReputationRep:
    So the Asus Pad phone is coming soon. Looks good but I still think tablets are pointless-- a large screen smartphone hits all the bases. My HP Touchpad is gathering dust. My bro recently got the new Samsung Note 10.1. Pretty cool thing but still pointless.
    So is the over priced iPad 3.
    My parents have just bought themselves the Nexus 7 so they can skype me/google stuff etc, my dad can't use a smartphone as he can't see the buttons (he's near enough blind in one eye). He can make out the keyboard on a tablet, so it's useful for him at least :P

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm in the middle of putting a custom kernel on my Nexus 7 for the first time and I've hit a slight speed bump. The guide I'm using is asking me to copy the kernel into the /sdcard/ of the nexus, and the kernel I'm using has an entire folder called kernel. Is it a case of copying that whole folder or a specific file over? Any help would be appreciated!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.