Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can see why. By making sure all the branded people get it first it means that all the carriers will have made sure that it plays right with their networks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I can see why. By making sure all the branded people get it first it means that all the carriers will have made sure that it plays right with their networks
    I agree. Still frustrating for me though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    This happens every year. It's bull**** though because you can get the unbranded ROM from an EU country and it'll play fine on all the networks in the UK. It must simply be contractual obligations, or at the very least a non written agreement in which the manufacturers keep their major customers (networks) happy. This adds value, rather than directing their efforts on the minority. Just a case of resources I imagine. Y'all SIM free unbranded customers just ain't that important.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will the Galaxy S2 ever get a Jellybean update? What are people's thoughts?

I'd love to have a stable CyanogenMod 10 ROM running on my S2 running Jellybean That would be shaweeet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)

I'd love to have a stable CyanogenMod 10 ROM running on my S2 running Jellybean That would be shaweeet.
    Apparently it'll be around December time. Try the super nexus rom for it, I've heard nothing but good stuff about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wait, apparently the new Nexus is going to be a quadcore?! I thought it was a dual core processor. **** me that would be amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    Wait, apparently the new Nexus is going to be a quadcore?! I thought it was a dual core processor. **** me that would be amazing.
    Quad core isn't anything new though. Google: Tegra 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Quad core isn't anything new though. Google: Tegra 3.
    True. Still would be amazing on a phone though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    True. Still would be amazing on a phone though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's been a few already powered by the Tegra 3. The GSM One X and X+ apparently. And a few LG/Huawei phones too.

I'm not sure cores are really a relevant scale of performance.

ReputationRep:
    http://hexus.net/mobile/news/android...etina-display/
    Anyone see this yet? Seems pretty amazing hardware. Shame it doesn't seem to have 4G.

I don't think so either. How many apps are optimised for or even capable of using 2 cores, let alone 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    http://hexus.net/mobile/news/android...etina-display/
    Anyone see this yet? Seems pretty amazing hardware. Shame it doesn't seem to have 4G.
    Other: IPX5 rated, Beats Audio, Multiple colours, 4G enabled
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I don't think so either. How many apps are optimised for or even capable of using 2 cores, let alone 4?
    I'm pretty sure very little. It won't increase until either quad cores are standard or Google requires it/enables it automatically via the SDK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I'm pretty sure very little. It won't increase until either quad cores are standard or Google requires it/enables it automatically via the SDK.
    Oh thanks, that's what happens when you skim. Figured it'd be under connectivity, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Love how every tech blog is saying how this phone is the one that finally trumps the retina display PPI when the Oppo Find 5 did it first...

ReputationRep:
    Someone recommend me a good smartphone for £150 for someone who's a non-techhy. I was thinking of picking up a Nokia Lumia 800 since they've dropped in price due to Windows 8. Any better cheapo Android phones about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Is cm10 stable without memory leaks now?

Sent from my GT-I9300
    It's perfect on my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7, but then they are nexus devices.
    I'm other news, I cannot wait for the Android event at the end of October! LG Nexus looks really nice, will be interesting to see what they have up their sleeves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Always seems to be more and more interesting news about android devices. Now there seems to be rumours going around about nexus tabs and an LG Nexus phone. Glad I heard about this because if the rumours are true I'll get a nexus tab as soon as it comes out, it'd be a shame to get a device only for a newer version to come out a couple of months later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Always seems to be more and more interesting news about android devices. Now there seems to be rumours going around about nexus tabs and an LG Nexus phone. Glad I heard about this because if the rumours are true I'll get a nexus tab as soon as it comes out, it'd be a shame to get a device only for a newer version to come out a couple of months later.
    Wouldn't you class the Nexus 7 as a tablet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Wouldn't you class the Nexus 7 as a tablet?
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear. http://hexus.net/mobile/news/android...artphone-29th/
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)

November - source

What are everyones hopes and ideas for what we'll see on the 29th? I've been holding out for a 3G nexus 7, so I'm hoping we'll see that announced. The 32GB version for £200 is the worst kept secret ever, with someone in japan recording one by mistake and stapes stores in the US having them in stock and it seems just as obvious the 8GB is being discontinued. An LG nexus 4 and a samsung Nexus 10 early in 2013 seem likely as well. Joining that hardware could be a JB update as well, I'm more sceptical about the idea of an announcement on KLP, I think 4.2 will just be an improvement on JB tbh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.