Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Wicked, thanks
    No worries. Just back everything up and make sure you know the process before you start!

ReputationRep:
    why do they make this such a hassle? Got all the way to installing the new ROM and then it says part of the package is invalid. I've restored the old ROM (yay for backups) so I can try reloading the new ROM in order to see if it will run this time. So close but yet so far!

ReputationRep:
    Seems I need some kind of new SPL to get Eclair to work.... gah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    why do they make this such a hassle? Got all the way to installing the new ROM and then it says part of the package is invalid. I've restored the old ROM (yay for backups) so I can try reloading the new ROM in order to see if it will run this time. So close but yet so far!
    Because you're not meant to be able to do it! :p:

Glad you backed up! :yes:

(Original post by biffyclyro27)
    That is weird. I have emailed HTC about it, as I would much prefer your widget and thats the one they have pictured in their guide. Whats the benefit of running that custom ROM?
    I am on the most recent ROM build (MCR too :P ) and I have the single pictures with a phone icon in the corner and name below..
    Just for extra input.

(Original post by AndrewFromTheNorth)
    How do you take screenshots?
    If you are rooted and have the phone and computer on one network you can use an app called "PicMe" in the market to send images, live video or even act as a VNC client all within your browser on the computer.

It is rather awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Tried everything and it's not working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Tried everything and it's not working
    Speak to the guys over at XDA, they're a lot better equipped than I am!

ReputationRep:
    just restoring my old build before going out to work - guess I'll try it another day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    I found out that aparently the people widget changed on the latest rom update. The version I have is the newer one. Personally I prefer the older one.
    I found that out yesterday and was like. I want the old one back

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if anybody here has reccomended this app, but my first reccomdation app would be FxCamera. It's takes a whiles to upload it to the setting you want it after you've taken a picture but it is so much fun

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have a video of the new software? I want to see everything before I apply it personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    Does anybody have a video of the new software? I want to see everything before I apply it personally
    I'd wait for the official HTC update tbh. Sounds like they're making some real nice changes!

Lastest news states mid-Feb before it's out. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm addicted to the Graviturn app

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently enjoying the MonkeyKickOff game. Challenge you lot to beat my awesome 5088 monkey meters! :p:

Liking that Graviturn too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'm currently enjoying the MonkeyKickOff game. Challenge you lot to beat my awesome 5088 monkey meters! :p:

Liking that Graviturn too!
    i had that monkey game. i actually got over 5000. i didn't know what the little red X did near the score, so i got intrigued and pressed it. i didn't know it would reset the high score. now i can't get anywhere near 5k. that's a true story believe it or not :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    i had that monkey game. i actually got over 5000. i didn't know what the little red X did near the score, so i got intrigued and pressed it. i didn't know it would reset the high score. now i can't get anywhere near 5k. that's a true story believe it or not :p:
    Ah! Gutted! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have had the Google G1 since last Christmas. Do you think they will update this device any more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dichotomy)
    I have had the Google G1 since last Christmas. Do you think they will update this device any more?
    It certainly seems a possibility:

http://www.devicemag.com/2009/12/28/...pdate-shortly/

Alternatively, the guys over at XDA forums have already released an Eclair based ROM for your phone:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=608405

Remember to read everything on there and understand everything if you wish to do this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    Not sure if anybody here has reccomended this app, but my first reccomdation app would be FxCamera. It's takes a whiles to upload it to the setting you want it after you've taken a picture but it is so much fun
    FxCamera is awesome, I'll definitely second that.

does anyone know if you can get old versions of apps? I was using Droid Scan beta (it takes photos and converts them to document scans, works really well), but now the new version does not work.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.