Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    FxCamera is awesome, I'll definitely second that.

does anyone know if you can get old versions of apps? I was using Droid Scan beta (it takes photos and converts them to document scans, works really well), but now the new version does not work.
    Email the Dev and tell him/her to fix it!

Also, just wanna say thanks to everyone for making this thread so successful! It's my first 1000 post thread evar! :woo:

Here's to another 1000 Android related posts! :cheers:

ReputationRep:
    ^I think it's coming out of beta and will become a paid app, but it was really useful - I WANT IT BACK DAMMIT (but without paying).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    FxCamera is awesome, I'll definitely second that.

does anyone know if you can get old versions of apps? I was using Droid Scan beta (it takes photos and converts them to document scans, works really well), but now the new version does not work.

haha it's so funny I do love it lots. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just curious... Do all smart phones take as long to start up as the Hero?

ReputationRep:
    how much do you think the Nexus is going to cost per month on contract when it comes out on the t-mobile. More than £30 per month?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben25)
    I'm just curious... Do all smart phones take as long to start up as the Hero?
    Hero is pretty nippy in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    how much do you think the Nexus is going to cost per month on contract when it comes out on the t-mobile. More than £30 per month?
    There abouts. I'd imagine you could get a 24m contract for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    *vodaphone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    *vodaphone
    I think I'll just get a HTC hero for now then, cba spending £30/24 mnth and waiting.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here have the Acer Liquid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)
    Does anyone here have the Acer Liquid?
    I don't have it, but I seen pictures of it and my godd doesn't it look big? Or is it just bad picture? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if this has already been posted.

Us Android users can get Wavesecure and a lifetime membership for free if downloaded from the marketplace before Jan 31st. Highly useful security app.
    http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/n...free-life.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callik)
    Apologies if this has already been posted.

Us Android users can get Wavesecure and a lifetime membership for free if downloaded from the marketplace before Jan 31st. Highly useful security app.
    http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/n...free-life.html

Just downlaoded it from the market place. Thanks for the heads up . :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I have eduroam working at the Uni of York.
    steps at my blog:
    http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~oq500/blog.html

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

So, i got my HTC Hero from Orange a few days ago, I've been too busy to get to grips with it properly, but I have downloaded some apps I thought looked pretty good.

Basically, I'm here to ask if there's any guides/tutorials out there to help me get the most out of the phone/Android?!

I think it's running Android 1.5 OS, and I'm confused as to how to upgrade this, and to which update to upgrade it too.

Also, is there any must have apps that I simply need to get?!

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio)
    Hi guys!

So, i got my HTC Hero from Orange a few days ago, I've been too busy to get to grips with it properly, but I have downloaded some apps I thought looked pretty good.

Basically, I'm here to ask if there's any guides/tutorials out there to help me get the most out of the phone/Android?!

I think it's running Android 1.5 OS, and I'm confused as to how to upgrade this, and to which update to upgrade it too.

Also, is there any must have apps that I simply need to get?!

Thank you!
    1.5 is all that is available. If you go to Settings and About Phone then tell us the build number then we can advise you on upgrades from HTC

Must have apps that I can think of right on the spot:
    WaveSecure
    Shazzam
    beebPlayer
    And many others.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers G8D, looks like my build is the latest available so no need for updates (1.73)!

I do have one question, my internet conection is always 'G', is this the fastest? From what I've read, it's only GPRS, which is frankly, balls. I was wondering if the icon changes if it goes up in connection level? I didn't bother registering the SIM that came with it, and instead kept my old one from my previous phone, could this have anything to do with the problem?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers G8D, looks like my build is the latest available so no need for updates (1.73)!

I do have one question, my internet conection is always 'G', is this the fastest? From what I've read, it's only GPRS, which is frankly, balls. I was wondering if the icon changes if it goes up in connection level? I didn't bother registering the SIM that came with it, and instead kept my old one from my previous phone, could this have anything to do with the problem?

Cheers!
    The icon changes and 'G' is the slowest. In order from slowest to fastest the letters are:
    G = 2G
    E = EDGE
    3G = 3G
    H = HSPA/3.5G

The SIM card could have something to do with it, I guess it depends how old it is. You need a 3G SIM card to use a 3G network, but I would have thought they have been standard for quite a long time now.

(I did write that from memory, so someone more knowledgeable might correct me...)

ReputationRep:
    You may be right Ben25, this SIM is either 18 months old, or possibly even 36 months old, in which case I should probably register the new SIM

ReputationRep:
    You may be right Ben25, this SIM is either 18 months old, or possibly even 36 months old, in which case I should probably register the new SIM
    that probably would be the best idea and if it is a PAYG sim there is no harm doing it and seeing if that is the problem

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.