Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    that probably would be the best idea and if it is a PAYG sim there is no harm doing it and seeing if that is the problem
    All sorted! Turns out that not upgrading the SIM was the issue. Getting solid 3G to HSPDA connection now, wohoooo!

(Original post by Scipio)
    You may be right Ben25, this SIM is either 18 months old, or possibly even 36 months old, in which case I should probably register the new SIM
    This is unrelated btw:

Do you have firmware 1.76 or 2.73?

ReputationRep:
    2.73 is what I should have wrote, oops

(Original post by Scipio)
    2.73 is what I should have wrote, oops
    That's fine then

Keep an eye on this site:
    Phandroid
    Or:
    @htc
    For details of new updates.

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to buy a new phone, either the HTC Hero, HD2 or Blackberry 9700.

But, the internet on the 9700 is ridiculously slow in comparison, so it's between the Hero & HD2.

What would you guys recommend, with the Hero having Android and all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    That's fine then

Keep an eye on this site:
    Phandroid
    Or:
    @htc
    For details of new updates.
    HTC have said that you can expect 2.1 around mid march

(Original post by dorian gray)

But, the internet on the 9700 is ridiculously slow in comparison, so it's between the Hero & HD2.

All I can say is that the Hero/Android is awesome. Had mine since September and still love it.

ReputationRep:

Option 4...Nexus One :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    All I can say is that the Hero/Android is awesome. Had mine since September and still love it.
    It does look wonderful, but then I'd feel so out-dated getting a phone which is like 6 months old! Especially if I'm on an 18 / 24 month contract.

(Original post by Roobsa)
    Option 4...Nexus One :ninja:
    Whenever that does get released in the UK...

Unfortunately for Google, look was HTC are planning for March.
    Just in time for the Nexus release!

It does look wonderful, but then I'd feel so out-dated getting a phone which is like 6 months old! Especially if I'm on an 18 / 24 month contract.

Whenever that does get released in the UK...

Unfortunately for Google, look was HTC are planning for March.
    Just in time for the Nexus release!
    HTC should be announcing this mid-February.

It's essentially a Nexus One with hardware buttons, optical trackball (instead of a ball) and Sense UI (BIIIIIIIIG bonus ).

ReputationRep:
    HTC HERO users

I've just got a G2 (= htc hero) today and I've put it on charge without turning it on and will wait 10 hours for it to finish.
    After that how should I charge my phone to keep the battery in a good state? Do I use all the battery juice up then charge it again or am I supposed to do something else to extend the life.

ReputationRep:
    why, phones aren't really a fashion accessory that much are they?
    HTC hero will be getting a new update eventually so it will improve. Only problem with it is there is no flash on the camera.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone used PdaNet? i can't for the life of me figure out how the hell it works. i'm using OSX but setting this thing up seems more hassle than it's worth.

(Original post by jabed786)
    HTC HERO users

I've just got a G2 (= htc hero) today and I've put it on charge without turning it on and will wait 10 hours for it to finish.
    After that how should I charge my phone to keep the battery in a good state? Do I use all the battery juice up then charge it again or am I supposed to do something else to extend the life.
    I just leave it on charge whenever I am near a plug :P
    Never run out of charge.

ReputationRep:
    are any of the apps you have to pay for on the android worth paying for.....if so can you please list them and a brief discription of what they do....I've got a T-mobile-Pulse if that makes any difference.

Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Lol.
    I would have thought that a successful businessman would appreciate what google is doing because more competition is always good.

ReputationRep:
    He is right about HTML5 replacing the need for flash. HTML5 is already an option on You Tube and will eventually be the default.

But, I like how he says "We did not enter the search business. They entered the phone business", as if phones were Apples original business and nobody should provide competition to them.

(Original post by Hasan)
    I would have thought that a successful businessman would appreciate what google is doing because more competition is always good.
    Competition is good for the consumer, but I am sure he would prefer to dominate the market rather than share it - more money for him/Apple.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is becoming more like a society it seems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~style)
    This thread is becoming more like a society it seems.
    Mmhhmmm- the android society!! :yep: :woo:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.