Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.K.B)
    Mmhhmmm- the android society!! :yep: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Nexus One just got multitouch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben25)
    He is right about HTML5 replacing the need for flash. HTML5 is already an option on You Tube and will eventually be the default.

But, I like how he says "We did not enter the search business. They entered the phone business", as if phones were Apples original business and nobody should provide competition to them.

Competition is good for the consumer, but I am sure he would prefer to dominate the market rather than share it - more money for him/Apple.
    I also agree with him on HTML5

ReputationRep:
    My Hero's battery has declined a lot. Just about lasts 1 day, but strangely it doesnt take long to be fully charged either. Annoying though, as I dont even mess about with games etc and I do use taskiller too. Anyone else experienced this?

ReputationRep:
    Mine's been pretty consistent - around 1.5 - 2 days before needing a recharge.

Edit: I've had mine since around the first post in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what the new update for the orange Hero has done, all i can see is an extra people widget, a few tweeks to Peep and faster in general

ReputationRep:
    i got the Nexus One update today. it now has multitouch :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Eek! I'm so tempted to just buy one now rather than waiting for the HTC "version" (Bravo isn't it?). And yes, I'm aware HTC made this phone as well.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the european one had multitouch unless you bought direct from the US?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I thought the european one had multitouch unless you bought direct from the US?
    you can only buy direct from the US at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    you can only buy direct from the US at the moment.
    Ah right ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idiopathic)
    My Hero's battery has declined a lot. Just about lasts 1 day, but strangely it doesnt take long to be fully charged either. Annoying though, as I dont even mess about with games etc and I do use taskiller too. Anyone else experienced this?
    Mine has as well, I think it's due to the number of random applications i've installed that seem to start up by themselves or idle, though that's just a guess.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any idea when 2.0 will be coming to the hero?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    anyone got any idea when 2.0 will be coming to the hero?
    HTC are skipping 2.0 and going straight for 2.1. It is rumoured to be either this month or in March, but I don't think anything has been confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben25)
    HTC are skipping 2.0 and going straight for 2.1. It is rumoured to be either this month or in March, but I don't think anything has been confirmed.
    I thought they were going to take longer than that, since they add their own interface on top of android

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben25)
    He is right about HTML5 replacing the need for flash. HTML5 is already an option on You Tube and will eventually be the default.

But, I like how he says "We did not enter the search business. They entered the phone business", as if phones were Apples original business and nobody should provide competition to them.
    I think that's more to do with the fact that apple and google have tended to stay out of each other's product areas. For example, apple didn't enter search and google kept out of the phone business. Apple uses google's maps on its iPhone and set google as the default search engine. Google entering the phone business would seem to be crossing the line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    I thought they were going to take longer than that, since they add their own interface on top of android
    HTC made the Nexus One so I believe they have had their hands on "vanilla" Android 2.1 for a while now. There is some kind of HTC event this month, it could be a reveal for the next series of HTC phones plus could introduce 2.1 with Sense and a release date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben25)
    I thought they were skipping 1.6 to go to 2.0?

ReputationRep:
    i believe we're going straight to 2.1 in mid march

ReputationRep:
    They skip every time a new update is out :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.