Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Yeah, I don't think I will have my hero for 12 months.
    haha funnily enough. Just looked at them more closely via the HTC websites and they look slightly bigger in dimension than the Hero. haha I think the Hero is big enough already

ReputationRep:
    Yay, this is exactly what I've been waiting for! New phone coming this Summer

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've had my Hero for about 3 months now, and a couple of weeks ago I've noticed that my trackball light and the small light that comes on when the phone is charging have stopped working When I get a call or text the trackball stays black, same with when I'm charging my phone...has anyone had the same problem?

ReputationRep:
    BBC have announced an app that'll allow us to watch the World Cup on our phones!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...le-phones.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    BBC have announced an app that'll allow us to watch the World Cup on our phones!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...le-phones.html
    I heard about them but didn't realise they were streaming to them. thought it would just be VoD

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys (:
    Should be getting HTC Hero before the end of this month! So exciting!
    Anyone, question - do you have to have a gmail account? I've never had one, subscribed to so many things on my hotmail account it would take me years to change everything to a gmail account! & is there anything else I should know about the Hero before I get one?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disconfigured)
    Hey guys (:
    Should be getting HTC Hero before the end of this month! So exciting!
    Anyone, question - do you have to have a gmail account? I've never had one, subscribed to so many things on my hotmail account it would take me years to change everything to a gmail account! & is there anything else I should know about the Hero before I get one?!
    You don't have to have one, bit I'd highly recommend it, else you can't really use the market place.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to have one, bit I'd highly recommend it, else you can't really use the market place.
    Sucks. Whys that then? Are all the apps based around gmail? Sorry I sound like a right n00b!

ReputationRep:
    Sucks. Whys that then? Are all the apps based around gmail? Sorry I sound like a right n00b!
    Nah, it just uses Gmail to keep track of your downloads. Also it'll sync your contacts with gmail, so if you lose/wipe your phone, you can get all your numbers back again!

Edit: You can also get your Hotmail to your phone, as I do! I never use my gmail account, it's almost exclusively for my phone.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it just uses Gmail to keep track of your downloads. Also it'll sync your contacts with gmail, so if you lose/wipe your phone, you can get all your numbers back again!

Edit: You can also get your Hotmail to your phone, as I do! I never use my gmail account, it's almost exclusively for my phone.
    Ah so I can just use the gmail account for sync'ing contacts and tracking downloads and stay with hotmail for everything else? sweet!

ReputationRep:
    Ah so I can just use the gmail account for sync'ing contacts and tracking downloads and stay with hotmail for everything else? sweet!
    Yup. That's exactly what I've done. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yup. That's exactly what I've done. :yep:
    Hearing this is just making me more excited :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eskamulia)
    Hey guys, I've had my Hero for about 3 months now, and a couple of weeks ago I've noticed that my trackball light and the small light that comes on when the phone is charging have stopped working When I get a call or text the trackball stays black, same with when I'm charging my phone...has anyone had the same problem?

try fiddling around with the settings, you may have disabled them.

ReputationRep:

How can you still use Hotmail? It's horrendous, gmail is so much easier to use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    Thats what I'm thinking but hey, whatever floats your boat

ReputationRep:
    How do you change which accounts you have on the Hero? Currently I'm using my personal account but I want to change it for another account for ucas etc.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick Q, why would anyone bother getting the hero now with new phones (from apple as well as HTC etc) literally around the corner? I know people will say "then you'll be waiting forever" but there's only a couple of months in it tbh. Is it just a question of price?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    Makes very little difference to me when I predominantly use client side apps to read my emails, as opposed to a browser.

Also, I can't get myname@googlemail.com.

and I can't be arsed changing everything! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Just a quick Q, why would anyone bother getting the hero now with new phones (from apple as well as HTC etc) literally around the corner? I know people will say "then you'll be waiting forever" but there's only a couple of months in it tbh. Is it just a question of price?
    Well, for me, since I'm one of the ones who is just about to get it, it was a case of 1) i've had my phone for over a year now, and i'm bored (it's an LG Cookie!), 2) i've had my eye on the Hero for months and I can finally get it on a very good contract and 3) the new phones, as nice as they will be, will be expensive and will more than likely come on expensive contracts also.

It's like saying, why bother getting a new phone now when next year there is gonna be better ones - yours will be outdated in a year - it's the same with every phone you get, within a year or two they're gonna be outdated anyway, so why bother getting one in the first place? :P

Hero has been out for how long now? Since last July? So in a couple months when all the newer versions come out, all the guys here who have had there's since last July, or since whenever really, will have an outdated phone which isn't going to be as good as the newer ones! Doesn't mean they should have waited a year to get the next best one!
    (I know that wasn't really your point, but there we go!)

Rant over. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Makes very little difference to me when I predominantly use client side apps to read my emails, as opposed to a browser.

Also, I can't get myname@googlemail.com.

and I can't be arsed changing everything! :p:
    fair enough...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.