Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I had this a week or so ago. It seemed to fix itself.
    Mine has been doing it ever since I got the phone. It gets better or worse at times, but it's always a problem. I assumed it was a problem with the marketplace, but it seems like it isn't. Any suggestions as to what it could be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    Mine has been doing it ever since I got the phone. It gets better or worse at times, but it's always a problem. I assumed it was a problem with the marketplace, but it seems like it isn't. Any suggestions as to what it could be?
    :dontknow:

Maybe a poor connection to the net?

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow:

Maybe a poor connection to the net?
    no, I'm pretty sure it's not that as I am using the same wifi that I use on my pc and I get like 4 bars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    i think they've been updating the marketplace. i've seen a new featured apps thing underneath the category tabs at the top.
    They have, on 1.6 upwards

ReputationRep:
    Just got my Hero
    Trying to set up the Exchange ActiveSync account to my hotmail account (trying to add contacts from facebook!) and it says that it failed to connect to the Exchange server..
    anybody got a reason/answer/way to make it work!? I don't wanna add in all my contacts manually!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disconfigured)
    Just got my Hero
    Trying to set up the Exchange ActiveSync account to my hotmail account (trying to add contacts from facebook!) and it says that it failed to connect to the Exchange server..
    anybody got a reason/answer/way to make it work!? I don't wanna add in all my contacts manually!
    May seem like a stupid question.. but are you connected to some form of internet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    May seem like a stupid question.. but are you connected to some form of internet?
    Yeah, wifi

ReputationRep:
    Just got my Hero
    Exchange is something used for businesses. You want Other POP3/IMAP, then just type your Hotmail details in to the next screen et voila!

ReputationRep:
    has this update been released yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    has this update been released yet?
    Which one, 2.1 for the hero?

ReputationRep:
    Quake 3 Arena on Android, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Exchange is something used for businesses. You want Other POP3/IMAP, then just type your Hotmail details in to the next screen et voila!
    I'll give that a shot!

ReputationRep:
    I'll give that a shot!
    Worked for me first time, though my mate had no end of trouble doing the same thing. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Worked for me first time, though my mate had no end of trouble doing the same thing. :dontknow:
    I'm having trouble staying connected to wifi at the moment. Always had problems with my internet though, although I'm around 2 feet away from the router!

ReputationRep:
    I'm having trouble staying connected to wifi at the moment. Always had problems with my internet though, although I'm around 2 feet away from the router!
    Mobile phones with an inbuilt internet connection are useful for some things, ya know.

ReputationRep:
    Mobile phones with an inbuilt internet connection are useful for some things, ya know.
    haha, some things.
    This is really annoying me though, i don't want to go over my monthly internet limit and my wifi isn't even working keeps disconnecting and won't reconnect!

ReputationRep:
    haha, some things.
    This is really annoying me though, i don't want to go over my monthly internet limit and my wifi isn't even working keeps disconnecting and won't reconnect!
    download 3G watchdog and it tells you how much internet you got left.

Are you on PAYG? orr contract?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    download 3G watchdog and it tells you how much internet you got left.

Are you on PAYG? orr contract?
    I have done. I've had it a day and already through 0.6% seems so much to me

Contract. Gives me 1GB internet.

ReputationRep:
    I have done. I've had it a day and already through 0.6% seems so much to me

Contract. Gives me 1GB internet.
    You can easily use like 3% a day and not worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    You can easily use like 3% a day and not worry.
    That's true. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, it just seems alot to me!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.