Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disconfigured)
    I have done. I've had it a day and already through 0.6% seems so much to me

Contract. Gives me 1GB internet.
    Ahh that's fine.

Don't worry about it. Once you reached over 80% and it's not a week to go before your monthly allownace then I would panic honnesty.

I use about 10mb? a day maybe, I have 500mb internet and it's more than enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    Ahh that's fine.

Don't worry about it. Once you reached over 80% and it's not a week to go before your monthly allownace then I would panic honnesty.

I use about 10mb? a day maybe, I have 500mb internet and it's more than enough for me.
    I've got that 3G watchdog to tell me as soon as I reach 25% haha.

ReputationRep:
    I've got that 3G watchdog to tell me as soon as I reach 25% haha.
    :lol: I think mine is on 85% so not too bad really. Gone quite crazy this month already though. :o:

ReputationRep:
    :lol: I think mine is on 85% so not too bad really. Gone quite crazy this month already though. :o:
    Haha, nice! Apps aren't saved to external memory are they? What happens when the internal memory is used up? I've never filled up my 2GB memory card with my old phone, was just looking at getting a bigger memory card and wondered if I'm gonna need it!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, nice! Apps aren't saved to external memory are they? What happens when the internal memory is used up? I've never filled up my 2GB memory card with my old phone, was just looking at getting a bigger memory card and wondered if I'm gonna need it!
    I THINK mine is stored on my internal memory rather than external memory. Actually I'm pertty sure they are stored on internal memory because when i plug in my phone to the PC, apps aren't there at all.

to give you an idea.

I have a 8GB memory card, I've used 7GB, got 1.9mb left with 400 songs, 15 TV episodes, and over about 100 pictures that have been taken. so it's not tooo bad.

ReputationRep:
    I THINK mine is stored on my internal memory rather than external memory. Actually I'm pertty sure they are stored on internal memory because when i plug in my phone to the PC, apps aren't there at all.

to give you an idea.

I have a 8GB memory card, I've used 7GB, got 1.9mb left with 400 songs, 15 TV episodes, and over about 100 pictures that have been taken. so it's not tooo bad.
    & how many apps have you currently got? I don't want to download pointless ones to find out they're munching my space :P

ReputationRep:
    & how many apps have you currently got? I don't want to download pointless ones to find out they're munching my space :P
    bout 30. quite a bit. Mainly pointless to be honnest :P I hardly use it all to be honnest. The one I use the most is handcent SMS mainly.

ReputationRep:
    bout 30. quite a bit. Mainly pointless to be honnest :P I hardly use it all to be honnest. The one I use the most is handcent SMS mainly.
    Is that actually any good? Seems pointless to me :P

ReputationRep:
    Is that actually any good? Seems pointless to me :P
    it's just another texting programme.

I likes it because it looks like Apple ihpone screen when texting, and there is a pop up when someone texts you and you an just look at that and reply there rather than opening messages and see what's going on. lol.

ReputationRep:
    it's just another texting programme.

I likes it because it looks like Apple ihpone screen when texting, and there is a pop up when someone texts you and you an just look at that and reply there rather than opening messages and see what's going on. lol.
    Oh right, fair enough.
    You can tell I'm new at this :P

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, fair enough.
    You can tell I'm new at this :P
    s'okay i'm happy to help.
    Reason why I'm quite clued up on apps now after recieving this phone in Dec, I've just been constantly on other forums ie xda forums etc looking for best apps that people have suggested.

ReputationRep:
    s'okay i'm happy to help.
    Reason why I'm quite clued up on apps now after recieving this phone in Dec, I've just been constantly on other forums ie xda forums etc looking for best apps that people have suggested.
    Fair play. Anything you wanna suggest then?

ReputationRep:
    Fair play. Anything you wanna suggest then?
    Apps wise? LOADS! :laugh:

um for now, [if you can't find these on the marketplace, try googling them then scan online should work.

3banana - note taking app
    shopshavvy - barcode scanner
    aHome - customize layouts, to be honnest, I haven't tried it out yet but will do.
    Shazzam - when you don't know music open up this app and it'll tell you.
    Advanced Task Killer - kills the running task.
    HiMSN - MSN
    Facebook - do I even need to explain?
    FML - Do I even need to explain?
    aTrackDog - instead of forgetting to update your apps etc it'll tell you... i think.
    WaveSource - if you lose your phone you can remotely lock it with this.

that'll do for now..? right?

ReputationRep:
    That's WaveSecure

also:

Netcounter
    Battery widget
    PicSay
    Phonalyzr
    Wikidroid
    RemindMe
    AppManager
    Voice Record
    Movies

Games
    Abduction!
    Labyrinth Lite
    Head to Head racing
    Light Racer
    2 Player Reactor
    Gem Miner
    Armoured Strike
    Robo Defence
    What the Doodle?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    That's WaveSecure

also:

Netcounter
    Battery widget
    PicSay
    Phonalyzr
    Wikidroid
    RemindMe
    AppManager
    Voice Record
    Movies

Games
    Abduction!
    Labyrinth Lite
    Head to Head racing
    Light Racer
    2 Player Reactor
    Gem Miner
    Armoured Strike
    Robo Defence
    What the Doodle?!

haha. Whoops sorry. :o:

Would also reccomend FX camera and maybe photoshop mobile? if your into the photography arty thing.. bad thing about FX camera is that you have to save each photo manually =/

ReputationRep:
    haha, some things.
    This is really annoying me though, i don't want to go over my monthly internet limit and my wifi isn't even working keeps disconnecting and won't reconnect!
    If you go to wifi settings, press menu then advanced there's an option to change "Wi-Fi sleep policy". You can change it so that wifi never turns off, I haven't noticed much of a difference in battery life.

ReputationRep:
    Apps wise? LOADS! :laugh:

um for now, [if you can't find these on the marketplace, try googling them then scan online should work.

3banana - note taking app
    shopshavvy - barcode scanner
    aHome - customize layouts, to be honnest, I haven't tried it out yet but will do.
    Shazzam - when you don't know music open up this app and it'll tell you.
    Advanced Task Killer - kills the running task.
    HiMSN - MSN
    Facebook - do I even need to explain?
    FML - Do I even need to explain?
    aTrackDog - instead of forgetting to update your apps etc it'll tell you... i think.

that'll do for now..? right?
    Haha, right.
    I read the comments on the offical Facebook app, they all complain Got FML, was one of the first ones I got haha.
    I'll check out all the other ones as soon as I can get my wifi working agan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    If you go to wifi settings, press menu then advanced there's an option to change "Wi-Fi sleep policy". You can change it so that wifi never turns off, I haven't noticed much of a difference in battery life.
    I've tried that, I think it's an issue with my router.
    The phone connects, disconnects after about half an hour, then when I tell it to connect again it doesn't do anything - doesn't even try!

ReputationRep:
    FIRST-GEN ANDROID PHONES WILL NOT RECEIVE FLASH 10.1

According to Adobe, an Android device must have both Android 2.1 and an ARM v7 (Cortex) processor which includes the Qualcomm Snapdragon and the TI OMAP3 processors. Currently the only phone to meet these requirements is the Nexus One, the Droid will join it shortly after it receives the 2.1 OTA.

Hate them

ReputationRep:
    just thought I would tell you guys about a cool little game I found for Android called Teeter. Its like a little ball maze type game but it's implemented really well, pretty sensitive with the accelerometer. Try it out

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.