Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just tried out aHome. Didn't really like it at all, I found it too restrictive (although I was using the lite version) and unintuitive. It was also pretty laggy. It might just be the fact that I am used to the way my HTC hero works, but I prefer the menu system of HTC sense to aHome. I'm not too bothered about the visual customisation that aHome offers tbh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zain1612)
    FIRST-GEN ANDROID PHONES WILL NOT RECEIVE FLASH 10.1

According to Adobe, an Android device must have both Android 2.1 and an ARM v7 (Cortex) processor which includes the Qualcomm Snapdragon and the TI OMAP3 processors. Currently the only phone to meet these requirements is the Nexus One, the Droid will join it shortly after it receives the 2.1 OTA.

Hate them
    Same.

One of the main reasons why I bought the HTC Hero is simply for future full Flash 10.1 Support! I can't believe that they're no longer going to apply Full Flash 10.1 for one of the most popular android devices around even with Android 2.1 being released in less than a months time!

I am annoyed with the fact that I've sign up to a 2 year contract which doesn't finish until Aug' 2011. But hopefully by then there will be Android devices with hardware which surpasses the N1, Droid, Desire, etc. Yet I'm more annoyed about them saying that it will come, and then only to change their minds about it! Surely the Flash Demo on HTC Hero and the G1 suggests that Flash is capable of running on such devices?

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pres...toAndroid.html

ReputationRep:
    i know there was a video showing that G1 was capable of flash seems they changed their mind. I think they want us to shell out for the desire, milestone or the nexus one

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, battery life on my Hero is shocking! A full charge over night = by 10pm I'm down to 19%!
    Anyone got the same problem? Is there an app which tells you whats munching the battery!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disconfigured)
    Ahh, battery life on my Hero is shocking! A full charge over night = by 10pm I'm down to 19%!
    Anyone got the same problem? Is there an app which tells you whats munching the battery!?
    Tbh it is a smartphone and you aren't really meant to expect much more than that. The iphone is ever worse than that i've heard

ReputationRep:
    How muxh so tou use it? I use mine a reasonable amount to play games or check emails etc. Plus I have push email on, tweet updates and wifi on almost all the time and I get about 2 days out of that. If you are using it more than that, it's just because it requires a lot of power. If you don't use it much, perhaps it's a dud battery. If you want to conserve battery life, turn off any background data and only turn wifi or mobile internet on when you want it.

ReputationRep:
    You should get Advanced Task Killer

A lot of apps run in the background which you don't need, this app will let you turn them off, they might be causing the drain on your battery. I reckon I could get about 24-30 hrs of use out of my phone before it dies, so i charge it every night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    How muxh so tou use it? I use mine a reasonable amount to play games or check emails etc. Plus I have push email on, tweet updates and wifi on almost all the time and I get about 2 days out of that. If you are using it more than that, it's just because it requires a lot of power. If you don't use it much, perhaps it's a dud battery. If you want to conserve battery life, turn off any background data and only turn wifi or mobile internet on when you want it.
    Erm, well today I've only used it to text and check facebook a couple times and it's gone down to 70% (from 100% this morning). Since i've had it I've constantly had wifi on except during the night, and I constantly text, check facebook using 3G etc. Mobile networking (I think that was it) on aswel, and I was told to turn that off, which I have. I don't have push email on, I don't even have my hotmail account in the phone & I don't get email to my gmail account, since I only created it for the phone.

(Original post by Scipio)
    You should get Advanced Task Killer

A lot of apps run in the background which you don't need, this app will let you turn them off, they might be causing the drain on your battery. I reckon I could get about 24-30 hrs of use out of my phone before it dies, so i charge it every night.
    I do have TasKiller (:

ReputationRep:
    Erm, well today I've only used it to text and check facebook a couple times and it's gone down to 70% (from 100% this morning). Since i've had it I've constantly had wifi on except during the night, and I constantly text, check facebook using 3G etc. Mobile networking (I think that was it) on aswel, and I was told to turn that off, which I have. I don't have push email on, I don't even have my hotmail account in the phone & I don't get email to my gmail account, since I only created it for the phone.

I do have TasKiller (:

Well, if you barely used it today and it wen't down 70% it could be a dud battery. But by the sounds of it, you use it quite a lot normally, in which case it's just the fact that smart phones require a lot of power.

Maybe try putting a wifi wiget on your screen and turn it off when you have finished and turn it back on when you want to use it again.

ReputationRep:
    no flash? that sucks

ah well

ReputationRep:
    Best game ever :coma:
    I didn't buy it, but you all should.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if T-Mobile have released an update?

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of battery life... If I turn off all data connections, my phone will drop from 100% to 97% in about 12 hours. Assuming that is, I don't spend much time on the phone...

ReputationRep:
    Apple are suing HTC.
    One of the patents involved is that concerning MultiTasking :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Apple are suing HTC.
    One of the patents involved is that concerning MultiTasking :rolleyes:
    The iPhone (Before jailbreaking) doesn't have 'multi-tasking', what mobile patents could they hold that could be directly held against HTC?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rummang)
    The iPhone (Before jailbreaking) doesn't have 'multi-tasking', what mobile patents could they hold that could be directly held against HTC?!
    Apparently:
    Multi touch
    Multi tasking
    Certain accelerometer features

Some found here too.

20 patents in total.

EDIT: Better link.

ReputationRep:
    This is Apple indirectly taking a dig at Google.

ReputationRep:
    is 500mb going to be enough data allowence for me?? I can't imagine i will be doing THAT much with it. Facebook and checking my emails will probably the most i use the internet for as at home i can use wifi on my phone on use my laptop to watch movies etc. The only other thing i would want to use is radio on my way to uni and sat nav occassionally...... Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidders)
    is 500mb going to be enough data allowence for me?? I can't imagine i will be doing THAT much with it. Facebook and checking my emails will probably the most i use the internet for as at home i can use wifi on my phone on use my laptop to watch movies etc. The only other thing i would want to use is radio on my way to uni and sat nav occassionally...... Any ideas?
    I'm pretty much constantly on my internet, and so far (since 24th feb) I've only used 28MB.
    I think you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty much constantly on my internet, and so far (since 24th feb) I've only used 28MB.
    I think you'll be fine
    I have used 39MB in less than 3 days.. And I'm controlling myself heavily.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.