Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Hasan)
    It's a lot buggier than the Eris one because the Eris' hardware is so similar to the Hero's.

Apparently with the first release you couldn't turn the phone off... lol
    Exactly why I'm not running it just yet :P

Not that I ever turn my phone off.. Just don't wanna loose my apps.. Again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Exactly why I'm not running it just yet :P

Not that I ever turn my phone off.. Just don't wanna loose my apps.. Again.
    You could use Titanium Backup to back up apps. It works well and links the apps to the market so you'll still be able to check updates etc.

It would be nice if you could backup settings as well, I don't like having to add wifi passwords all over again.

(Original post by Hasan)
    You could use Titanium Backup to back up apps. It works well and links the apps to the market so you'll still be able to check updates etc.

It would be nice if you could backup settings as well, I don't like having to add wifi passwords all over again.
    Totally forgot it wasn't this site I posted on..

I did a Nandroid+EXT backup and wiped to go to Villain 3.2.. After using Titanium to reinstall apps (it has root access so why can't it do it without prompts?!?!??!) I decided to revert to my backup MCR 3.1.. However the EXT restore failed so I had to Titanium again with all the prompts D:

I may however try this new ROM, I am bored and don't wish to study.

(Original post by Hasan)

Brb, flashing this ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omgkatiekilledkenny)
    that is what i meant
    Great minds think alike :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)

I was just about to ask if there was some kind of app to back up stuff. I knew there was one to back up apps, but do you know of anything that would back up scenes so that I don't have to reposition all the shortcuts and folders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    I was just about to ask if there was some kind of app to back up stuff. I knew there was one to back up apps, but do you know of anything that would back up scenes so that I don't have to reposition all the shortcuts and folders?
    Unfortunately I don't think there is.

Just tried out the new ROM based on the Legend and I'm liking the small improvements HTC have made. The weather app isn't working for me and nor is street view on maps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    Unfortunately I don't think there is.

Just tried out the new ROM based on the Legend and I'm liking the small improvements HTC have made. The weather app isn't working for me and nor is street view on maps.
    Has pinch and zoom been enabled for google maps?

Has pinch and zoom been enabled for google maps?
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    :yes:
    nice one, whats the google sat nav like?

ReputationRep:
    nice one, whats the google sat nav like?
    Doesn't work. Just like street view, it starts to load then abruptly goes back to the previous screen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    Doesn't work. Just like street view, it starts to load then abruptly goes back to the previous screen.
    Damn, ah well, maybe it will work in the official version

Damn, ah well, maybe it will work in the official version
    Nav isn't supported officially outside of the US..
    I do hope street view works though.. Just to pass the time..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Nav isn't supported officially outside of the US..
    I do hope street view works though.. Just to pass the time..
    That sucks, I was under the impression that it was.

That sucks, I was under the impression that it was.
    It is on rooted phones via some modded files.. But, due to licences held by current Sat Nav providers, Google cannot currently penetrate the market :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    It is on rooted phones via some modded files.. But, due to licences held by current Sat Nav providers, Google cannot currently penetrate the market :'(
    Thats rubbish...

Thats rubbish...
    It could change of course.. Google has a lot of monies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    It could change of course.. Google has a lot of monies.
    That is true. What exactly is the license that is preventing them from penetrating the market? Is it the fact that it would be free and bundled with the OS?

That is true. What exactly is the license that is preventing them from penetrating the market? Is it the fact that it would be free and bundled with the OS?
    I really don't know specifics.
    But I assume it's that fact that it's free and easy to access. It produces competition that is more or less impossible to beat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I really don't know specifics.
    But I assume it's that fact that it's free and easy to access. It produces competition that is more or less impossible to beat.
    Hmm, perhaps if that is the case then they could offer it for a small fee? I mean I don't know the specifics of the license but I wouldn't mind paying a small fee for google sat nav as opposed to the £50 or so that the other apps are going fot.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.