Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Nav isn't supported officially outside of the US..
    I do hope street view works though.. Just to pass the time..
    Streetview works in 1.5, I was on it this morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Streetview works in 1.5, I was on it this morning
    Oh yeah, so it does. I just tried it out. You have to select a point on the map and then select street view from the options listed. You can't just drag the yellow man like on the desktop version

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    Oh yeah, so it does. I just tried it out. You have to select a point on the map and then select street view from the options listed. You can't just drag the yellow man like on the desktop version
    Yeah. woke up this morning and was like "I forgot they were adding streetview images lets have a look"

ReputationRep:
    no 2.1 till april now. oh goody

ReputationRep:
    Someone updated their coming soon page...

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/comi.../mobile-phones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    You really aren't missing much :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    You really aren't missing much :/
    not really the point though. more a point of customer satisfaction, when you give a release date you tend to make it. Fair enough they need to do more testing and what not for the sense (as i've read) but then why not give a longer release date?

ReputationRep:
    not really the point though. more a point of customer satisfaction, when you give a release date you tend to make it. Fair enough they need to do more testing and what not for the sense (as i've read) but then why not give a longer release date?
    HTC never said March afaik.. Rumours should never be taken as hard fact.

ReputationRep:
    really not a fan of the Android keyboard on the Nexus One. are there any really solid replacements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    really not a fan of the Android keyboard on the Nexus One. are there any really solid replacements?
    Swype/ShapeWriter are good alternatives.. Not sure if they are available for Nexus..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Swype/ShapeWriter are good alternatives.. Not sure if they are available for Nexus..
    Swype works for all Android phones and its free on their website!

Also, the Sense keybaord should be possible to get hold of too.

ReputationRep:
    hasn't the date been april for quite a while?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    Great minds think alike :yes:
    ah but idiots seldom differ

i got my motorola milestone on saturday... makes my old blackberry look like a carrot... does anyone know of a clock widget that looks the same as the one on the htc hero, i think it includes a calendar and weather?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omgkatiekilledkenny)
    ah but idiots seldom differ

i got my motorola milestone on saturday... makes my old blackberry look like a carrot... does anyone know of a clock widget that looks the same as the one on the htc hero, i think it includes a calendar and weather?
    Beautiful widgets does.
    Initially it won't (HTC told them not to have it like that) but you can download similar themes for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Beautiful widgets does.
    Initially it won't (HTC told them not to have it like that) but you can download similar themes for it.
    I'll give it a look thanks i found Divi clock which i quite like as it has an android on it

ReputationRep:
    TV on your Android (or other device tbh, but it works on Android, so I'm posting here)

http://yamgo.mobi/home.php

I've had a quick go with it, but I'm at work so can't test fully. Seems OK over H though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So i am seriously debating between iphone and android devices and i've got a few q's.

- Android says that they have about 20,000 + apps, i can only see a handful here : http://www.android.com/market/paid.html
    where are the rest?!

-Games : How good are they on android in comparison to apple ones?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizz_kid)
    Hi guys,

So i am seriously debating between iphone and android devices and i've got a few q's.

- Android says that they have about 20,000 + apps, i can only see a handful here : http://www.android.com/market/paid.html
    where are the rest?!

-Games : How good are they on android in comparison to apple ones?

Thanks!
    Not all apps are paid for. Some of those numbers include games.

Games are getting better tbh. We're getting loads of 3D games that all look pretty good now. This thread has a video of a few of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Not all apps are paid for. Some of those numbers include games.

Games are getting better tbh. We're getting loads of 3D games that all look pretty good now. This thread has a video of a few of them.
    Interesting! So what is this open source thing about the android market? Surely if you want to make an iphone application, you can do so, cant you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizz_kid)
    Interesting! So what is this open source thing about the android market? Surely if you want to make an iphone application, you can do so, cant you?
    "An Application may not itself install or launch other executable code by any means, including without limitation through the use of a plug-in architecture, calling other frameworks, other APIs or otherwise," reads the terms and conditions attached to Apple's iPhone SDK. "No interpreted code may be downloaded and used in an Application except for code that is interpreted and run by Apple’s Published APIs and built in interpreter(s)."

Basically, with iPhone, unless it works they way Apple tell you to, you can't write it. This does not exist on Android phones.

Edit: It means that the iPhone, as it stands, will never have Firefox or Flash Player for example.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.