Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Q. What themes do you all use on your Hero? I want a custom theme and icons but not too sure how to go about it... =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    Q. What themes do you all use on your Hero? I want a custom theme and icons but not too sure how to go about it... =/
    I used "BlackEclair", you need to be rooted though.
    I am back to default now as it's awfully nice looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I used "BlackEclair", you need to be rooted though.
    I am back to default now as it's awfully nice looking.

hmm. I don't really want to root mine until the warrenty is up etc. I know it won't affect it as much =/

Also what version is everyone using I'm still using 1.5 [i think] andd has 2.1 been released yet? =/

ReputationRep:
    hmm. I don't really want to root mine until the warrenty is up etc. I know it won't affect it as much =/

Also what version is everyone using I'm still using 1.5 [i think] andd has 2.1 been released yet? =/
    No, 2.1 is not out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    No, 2.1 is not out

Bleurrgh really? How gayyy.

http://www.htc.com/uk/supportdownloa...act=sd&cat=all

Sorrry last qustions [for now...] but has anyone done Rom upgrade? I'm not sure if I want to do it but also which do I click on because mine was unlocked and unbranded when I got it...

ReputationRep:
    Bleurrgh really? How gayyy.

http://www.htc.com/uk/supportdownloa...act=sd&cat=all

Sorrry last qustions [for now...] but has anyone done Rom upgrade? I'm not sure if I want to do it but also which do I click on because mine was unlocked and unbranded when I got it...
    If you don't want to root then go ahead an update.
    It would be whatever brand it was beforehand and it shouldnt take your unlock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    If you don't want to root then go ahead an update.
    It would be whatever brand it was beforehand and it shouldnt take your unlock.
    ummmmm.... I don't think it was branded before either. I brought it second hand, before me it was brought on a internet website sim free =/ oh great.

ReputationRep:
    ummmmm.... I don't think it was branded before either. I brought it second hand, before me it was brought on a internet website sim free =/ oh great.
    Before you download it will ask for your S/N number anyway. If it doesn't match the phone then you need a different ROM :P
    You might as well wait for 2.1.. No benefit from the most recent updates UNLESS you are still on build 1.76 instead of the newer 2.73

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Before you download it will ask for your S/N number anyway. If it doesn't match the phone then you need a different ROM :P
    You might as well wait for 2.1.. No benefit from the most recent updates UNLESS you are still on build 1.76 instead of the newer 2.73
    Well I'm on Firmware 1.5 and Build 2.73 so I'll wait I suppose Thanks mate.

ReputationRep:
    I have an unbranded one as well... the unbranded update is the one at the bottom of that page that just says 'ROM Upgrade for HTC Hero '... just have to wait for that page to update with our 2.1 upgrades now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt7)
    I have an unbranded one as well... the unbranded update is the one at the bottom of that page that just says 'ROM Upgrade for HTC Hero '... just have to wait for that page to update with our 2.1 upgrades now
    Yupp.
    Want the rom now though. Been waiting long enough me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thefryhole.co.uk/wordpres...rom-a-compsci/ My friend shared this while I was on holiday

ReputationRep:
    For those running Sense on their Android phone, do you make use of the different scenes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    http://www.thefryhole.co.uk/wordpres...rom-a-compsci/ My friend shared this while I was on holiday
    Awesome :five:

I'll be buying it tonight me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~style)
    Awesome :five:

I'll be buying it tonight me thinks.
    Ahh, shame you didn't get it like just over a week ago. You got a free lifetime subscription (for that handset) when you signed up before the 31st March :p:

ReputationRep:
    For those running Sense on their Android phone, do you make use of the different scenes?
    I used the blank scene when I got my phone as it made it quite easy to set it up the way I wanted it but I haven't changed it since about october so not really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt7)
    Ahh, shame you didn't get it like just over a week ago. You got a free lifetime subscription (for that handset) when you signed up before the 31st March :p:
    Wonderful, just my luck. :rolleyes:

I just searched for it in the market and managed to install it for free

edit: Yes I was just prompted that it's a 7 day trial..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I used the blank scene when I got my phone as it made it quite easy to set it up the way I wanted it but I haven't changed it since about october so not really
    Yea I edited and saved one of the scenes but now I'm running out of space for stuff, mainly widgets, so wondering if to start using different scenes or am I too excited with the phone and the novelty will wear out.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I edited and saved one of the scenes but now I'm running out of space for stuff, mainly widgets, so wondering if to start using different scenes or am I too excited with the phone and the novelty will wear out.
    You may just be excited. I haven't bothered with scenes since I've had my Hero (end of Feb).

ReputationRep:
    I recently downloaded ringo lite from the market. I am able to setup custom ringtones and sms tones but when I shut down the phone and start it up later the settings are erased and I have to set it up all over again.

I thought it might be my task killer so I uninstalled that but the problem still persists.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.