Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MullyGrubber)
    I recently downloaded ringo lite from the market. I am able to setup custom ringtones and sms tones but when I shut down the phone and start it up later the settings are erased and I have to set it up all over again.

I thought it might be my task killer so I uninstalled that but the problem still persists.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    If you've got a HTC phone, open up the music player, pick a song and play it, hit menu and then set as ringtone. You can also shorten it down there to start and finish where you like.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.htcheroblog.com/2010/03/1...hedule-leaked/
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yea, saw that one a few weeks ago, but according to it I should have my update by now...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.best-choice-tech.com/mobi...30th-hero.html

Sorry I'm here to crush your thunder but another few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    http://www.best-choice-tech.com/mobi...30th-hero.html

Sorry I'm here to crush your thunder but another few weeks.
    no

then another 3 weeks after that no doubt

2.1 brings nothing major apart from access to a few apps and glassier sense. Have patience **** sake :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    2.1 brings nothing major apart from access to a few apps and glassier sense. Have patience **** sake :P
    This. :rolleyes:

It'll come when it comes. If you can't wait, go to the xda forums!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    This. :rolleyes:

It'll come when it comes. If you can't wait, go to the xda forums!
    I've started thinking about that and probably will root after my warranty expires

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I need something to look forward to.
    Unfortunately I'm bored of my Hero .. 2 months into a 24 month contract.. opps?

(Original post by Disconfigured)
    I need something to look forward to.
    Unfortunately I'm bored of my Hero .. 2 months into a 24 month contract.. opps?
    Then you're doing it wrong.

7 months in and I'm still loving it.

ReputationRep:
    I need a new phone - would like an android but I'm being tight.

Orange have the motorola dext for £149 on payg, which would mean i wouldn't have to change my sim.

With my sim i get enough minutes/texts if i top up by £10 and also free facebook.twitter/bebo. However other internet is charged.

Is it worth getting an android ohne or wll i end up paying alot on top to get the most out of the phone? bearing in mind it has wifi i can use on campus/at work

(Original post by lm_wfc)
    I need a new phone - would like an android but I'm being tight.

Orange have the motorola dext for £149 on payg, which would mean i wouldn't have to change my sim.

With my sim i get enough minutes/texts if i top up by £10 and also free facebook.twitter/bebo. However other internet is charged.

Is it worth getting an android ohne or wll i end up paying alot on top to get the most out of the phone? bearing in mind it has wifi i can use on campus/at work
    If you are surrounded by WiFi alot AND you make good use of WeFi then you should have a good experience with an Android

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

I still love mine but there are apps that I would like to download. Particularly google translate for animals

(Original post by wizard710)
    I still love mine but there are apps that I would like to download. Particularly google translate for animals
    :P

I'm not denying that that I would gain from 2.1, I certainly would.
    I'm just saying that my Hero (more or less default + root) is still entertaining me to this day.

ReputationRep:
    I just spent last month [couldn't top up enough to get my free net ] without internet on my Heroo. Oh god I nearly died. I never realised I relied on the hero so much for internet.

I luffff my hero so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    I just spent last month [couldn't top up enough to get my free net ] without internet on my Heroo. Oh god I nearly died. I never realised I relied on the hero so much for internet.

I luffff my hero so much
    It's funny how the Hero feels incomplete when not connected to the net.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    It's funny how the Hero feels incomplete when not connected to the net.
    I knowww. It was weird. It felt just like a phone, and I was like ohmygodd!

WIth the internet the phone is spectacutalar.

ReputationRep:
    Just installed this version of 2.1 on my magic and my first impressions are that:

-It's very quick compared to my old Hero rom
    -I miss the phonebook from the Sense UI, how do I get it back!?!

It's awesome though otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Just installed this version of 2.1 on my magic and my first impressions are that:

-It's very quick compared to my old Hero rom
    -I miss the phonebook from the Sense UI, how do I get it back!?!

It's awesome though otherwise.
    I guess you could look in some other parts of the xda forums and see if any of the devs have made an apk or similar from it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

How do I do it right?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.