x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disconfigured)
    How do I do it right?
    Steal apps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Steal apps

Sounds riveting. After reading how you can get virus' and such from apps, I've put myself on app hold for the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disconfigured)
    Sounds riveting. After reading how you can get virus' and such from apps, I've put myself on app hold for the moment.
    Lol, virus.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who can't find Twidroid on the app market? After installing 2.1 it's the only app I can't find (and yes I did have an old version backed up on my SD card but that won't work because I need to upgrade!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Am I the only one who can't find Twidroid on the app market? After installing 2.1 it's the only app I can't find (and yes I did have an old version backed up on my SD card but that won't work because I need to upgrade!).
    Is that definitely the only app you can't find?
    Often these custom ROMs are not properly made to work with the Market (ie authorised by Google) and so can't see ANY protected apps.

If it's just Twidroid then I have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    A word of warning to android users. Recently I changed my email address, My old one wasn't particularly suitable so I decided to start phasing it out and using my other one. I realised that I needed to change the account that was synced with my phone. I looked through all the settings and I couldn't find a way to do it I searched the internet and found a tutorial claiming that if you clear the data from google apps in application manager, you can then go back into sync options and input the new email details. So I did that, only when I input the detals and tried to connect, it said that it couldn't establish a reliable connection with the server, no matter what email I tried putting in. I searched this, and found that sometimes this happens to people who clear the google apps data and even to some people when they get the phone new. The only way around this is to do a hard factory reset.

So, after deciding to do a factory reset, I thought I should back up my data, so I downloaded and installed mybackup (which I had to do from my PC as you can't access the marketplace without an email registered) and I backed up my data and apps to the sd card ( I wasn't able to backup online it said there was some kind of database error). After resetting the phone, I installed mybackup and tried to restore everything only to be told that it couldn't retrieve the datastore. Luckily I had all my contacts backed up through wavesecure.

Moral of the story - changing your email address on Android is stupidly difficult and Mybackup is *****...

Also, can anyone recommend me a decent backup app for when I come to switch to 2.1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Lol, virus.
    Don't laugh at my incompetence.

ReputationRep:
    see this screen?

http://www.slashphone.com/media/data...HTC-Desire.jpg

Do you think we will get anything that or a similiar screen for that for the HTC Hero do you think with the 2.1? I think it looks well awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    see this screen?
    Huh? Apart from the different default wallpaper, it looks exactly like the Sense UI that we already have on the Hero...

I think the only main update to Sense in 2.1 is the thing where you can 'zoom out' to see all your pages simultaneously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt7)
    Huh? Apart from the different default wallpaper, it looks exactly like the Sense UI that we already have on the Hero...

I think the only main update to Sense in 2.1 is the thing where you can 'zoom out' to see all your pages simultaneously.
    *pout* I want that wallpaper [blatently the word I was looking for but forgotton 2 minutes ago. :rolleyes: ]

ReputationRep:
    *pout* I want that wallpaper [blatently the word I was looking for but forgotton 2 minutes ago. :rolleyes: ]
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/h..._wallpaper.jpg

Just download it from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/h..._wallpaper.jpg

Just download it from there.
    Woww Thanks a lot mate.

+rep

ReputationRep:
    Woww Thanks a lot mate.

+rep
    No worries.

thanks.

ReputationRep:

Look at Hannah Montana. hahahaha! Love it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm being totally silly but.. can you even change the background on the hero?

ReputationRep:
    ^hold your thumb down on a blank bit of desktop and then go to "wallpapers"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    ^hold your thumb down on a blank bit of desktop and then go to "wallpapers"
    Heh. Learn something new everyday.

I don't udnerstand what an android is.

My phone (samsung i5700) doesn't have a Memo book/section type of thing that I sometimes use .. does this mean I can download an anndroid app to my phone to give it to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    I don't udnerstand what an android is.

My phone (samsung i5700) doesn't have a Memo book/section type of thing that I sometimes use .. does this mean I can download an anndroid app to my phone to give it to me?
    Android is the operating system for the phone.

The i5700 runs Android, and you can download applications from the Market. There should be an app for that on your phone...

(Original post by IcEmAn911)
    Android is the operating system for the phone.

The i5700 runs Android, and you can download applications from the Market. There should be an app for that on your phone...
    I can't see it on the phone.

But how do you download the apps from the market, sorry if this sounds really stupid

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.