Turn on thread page Beta

oh, I'd also like to have my phone password protected, and not just locked. Can i get an app that puts that in?

Is that the function of an andriod app?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    oh, I'd also like to have my phone password protected, and not just locked. Can i get an app that puts that in?

There are 30,000 apps available on the market so I'm sure you can find an app for that.

There should be apps installed on your phone already including the Market and other apps. Try clicking on the grey square near the bottom of the screen which brings up all the other apps.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/17/s...o-android-2-1/ (This is your phone right)

(Original post by IcEmAn911)
    There are 30,000 apps available on the market so I'm sure you can find an app for that.

There should be apps installed on your phone already including the Market and other apps. Try clicking on the grey square near the bottom of the screen which brings up all the other apps.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/17/s...o-android-2-1/ (This is your phone right)
    Hmmm, so I can access apps from the market via my phone .. interesting :holmes:

Yes, that's my phone. Sex innit :cool:

ReputationRep:

Not sure about that.. But you do get pattern lock by default which works quite well

(Original post by G8D)
    Not sure about that.. But you do get pattern lock by default which works quite well
    I think that's quite stupid ... anyone can watch me do it .. durhh!

ReputationRep:
    I think that's quite stupid ... anyone can watch me do it .. durhh!
    If someone is watching you close enough to see you swipe your finger in a pattern (with indicated path off) then I'm pretty sure they can see you enter a password too

ReputationRep:
    Yea, entering a 4 digit password on a 0-9 keypad on a touchscreen is also quite easy to see over someone's shoulder. I've got really used to my unlock pattern and so do it quickly without even thinking - unless people are looking really closely, it just looks like I've swiped across the screen.

ReputationRep:
    And I change mine every month plus the longer it is the harder it is to get it

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing this may already have come up, but I've just got my first android device (Desire) and you can't save apps to an external memory card! That's shocking. I have 512mb of space for apps while my old iphone had 16gb. Surely this is a major flaw that they could easily remedy? Not sure I would have swapped my iphone if I had realised - I'm already deleting 'old' apps to try out new ones.

If it's an issue of copy protection for apps surely there's a way round it. Can't Nokia apps be saved to memory cards? Is this something i just have to put up with as an android user or will they realise how stupid it is and amend it in the next android update? Really disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveCalpol)
    I'm guessing this may already have come up, but I've just got my first android device (Desire) and you can't save apps to an external memory card! That's shocking. I have 512mb of space for apps while my old iphone had 16gb. Surely this is a major flaw that they could easily remedy? Not sure I would have swapped my iphone if I had realised - I'm already deleting 'old' apps to try out new ones.

If it's an issue of copy protection for apps surely there's a way round it. Can't Nokia apps be saved to memory cards? Is this something i just have to put up with as an android user or will they realise how stupid it is and amend it in the next android update? Really disappointed.
    I'm sorry but that is more than enough space at the moment.
    Google is reportedly working on a way to support apps to SD (but officially instead of requiring root..)

Market apps are mostly small atm, when they increas in size we should alreay have this new method of storage.

ReputationRep:
    I will be getting my first android phone in about a month (just given thirty days notice).

Samsung i5700 (portal/spica) - 100 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited internet for £10 per month + £71 for phone.

I cant wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Mike*)
    I will be getting my first android phone in about a month (just given thirty days notice).

Samsung i5700 (portal/spica) - 100 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited internet for £10 per month + £71 for phone.

I cant wait
    Sounds like a decent deal if you don't like to call :P
    You will love Android, I promise.

ReputationRep:
    I got a slightly stupid (maybe?) questions for you guys.
    If you buy a touchscreen phone with the slide out qwerty keyboard.. does that mean that there isn't a keyboard option on screen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    I got a slightly stupid (maybe?) questions for you guys.
    If you buy a touchscreen phone with the slide out qwerty keyboard.. does that mean that there isn't a keyboard option on screen?
    No.
    It means you have the option. It may however be the stock Android keyboard and as a result not be too good.
    However when the keyboard is out you will be in lanscape mode (also usually including the homescreen).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    No.
    It means you have the option. It may however be the stock Android keyboard and as a result not be too good.
    However when the keyboard is out you will be in lanscape mode (also usually including the homescreen).
    thankss.
    I was just wondering.. I doubt I get another phone in the future but it's not a bad idea to keep a eye on upcoming phones and there is quite a few of qwerty phones coming out to Android.

(Original post by *Mike*)

I cant wait
    Oh cool. .. you'll love it
    I'm responding from the i5700

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    thankss.
    I was just wondering.. I doubt I get another phone in the future but it's not a bad idea to keep a eye on upcoming phones and there is quite a few of qwerty phones coming out to Android.
    I think I'll stick to HTC and they only seem to have one keyboard phone coming out any time soon.. Plus it's running Espresso Sense which is horrible looking.
    I want the Incredible so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I think I'll stick to HTC and they only seem to have one keyboard phone coming out any time soon.. Plus it's running Espresso Sense which is horrible looking.
    Something's been confusing me.
    Isn't the HTC Incredible the same as HTC EVO 4G without the 4G(WiMax/LTE)? In the pics they look pretty much the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil' Flo)
    Something's been confusing me.
    Isn't the HTC Incredible the same as HTC EVO 4G without the 4G(WiMax/LTE)? In the pics they look pretty much the same
    It's more or less the Desire with 8GB internal memory I think.
    Evo has a much bigger screen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Ooh very nice.

I don't know which one I want to be honnest. I wish HTC can release another qwerty phone but not as bulky.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.