Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    Ooh very nice.

I don't know which one I want to be honnest. I wish HTC can release another qwerty phone but not as bulky.
    http://phandroid.com/2010/04/12/even...ch-slide-pics/

ReputationRep:
    So what Android news have I missed this week? I've been away for a week and only just found out about the volcano

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    So what Android news have I missed this week? I've been away for a week and only just found out about the volcano
    The hero still hasn't been updated to 2.1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    The hero still hasn't been updated to 2.1
    That was one of the first things I checked when I got back. It's so annoying, I have an unofficial leak and its perfect but I just want the real thing already!

(Original post by G8D)
    It's more or less the Desire with 8GB internal memory I think.
    Evo has a much bigger screen.
    the incredible also has an 8Mp camera (compared to the desire's 5Mp).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    the incredible also has an 8Mp camera (compared to the desire's 5Mp).
    Turns out its 0.2 inches smaller in the screen too.
    Not sure how they compare with RAM or anything though.

(Original post by G8D)
    Turns out its 0.2 inches smaller in the screen too.
    Not sure how they compare with RAM or anything though.
    It's unclear what they're up to, as the incredible is a slightly upgraded version of the desire. that's a strange progression given that the desire only came out a couple of weeks ago - usually manufacturers wait a while before upgrading their old models!
    edit: although they didn't realize the desire in the US for some reason, so an obvious explanation is that the relatively small upgrades were simply done while sorting out details with a US carrier.

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised google seems to have a vendetta against Maestro cards. I'm new to the app store, is there a way to still buy paid apps without having to get a solo/credit card?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveCalpol)
    I've just realised google seems to have a vendetta against Maestro cards. I'm new to the app store, is there a way to still buy paid apps without having to get a solo/credit card?
    I used to have a solo card and I could only buy apps in pounds, it wouldn't let me buy any apps listed under $/€.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben25)
    I used to have a solo card and I could only buy apps in pounds, it wouldn't let me buy any apps listed under $/€.
    So basically you have to have a credit card to use the android app store? What a load of ****.

ReputationRep:
    I've been buying all kind of apps from the android app store for ages just using a debit card

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~style)
    I've been buying all kind of apps from the android app store for ages just using a debit card
    Must be a Visa Electron?

ReputationRep:
    So basically you have to have a credit card to use the android app store? What a load of ****.
    Pretty sure a normal visa debit card would work.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few real shops/internet sites don't accept Maestro or Solo, presumably because they charge a lot.

Visa Debit cards work.

ReputationRep:
    Must be a Visa Electron?
    Visa Debit actually :p:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/21/g...n-uk-androids/ We're getting maps navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/21/g...n-uk-androids/ We're getting maps navigation
    Old news. But awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Just been offered an upgrade to the HTC Desire £20 per month for 2 years and I accepted

ReputationRep:
    :mad: Clicky

FFS. Now I'm starting to get annoyed. There are now a few apps I want that require 1.6 or above. Dicks.

Edit: Though other sources say April 26th... Clicky.

Gah! I just want a confirmed date!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    :mad: Clicky

FFS. Now I'm starting to get annoyed. There are now a few apps I want that require 1.6 or above. Dicks.

Edit: Though other sources say April 26th... Clicky.

Gah! I just want a confirmed date!
    My mate rang HTC earlier and they said that it will get it sometime after this month.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.