Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Google navigation works on my phone, it's really good! I'm going to dig out my phone cradle and go for a spin in my car

ReputationRep:
    Google Nav.. does it work on the Hero using version 1.5? I really want this app :P

ReputationRep:
    Google Nav only works on 1.6+. I have a 2.1 rom and the navigation worked perfectly. The robotic voice is a bit annoying though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    Google Nav only works on 1.6+. I have a 2.1 rom and the navigation worked perfectly. The robotic voice is a bit annoying though.
    Damn.

ReputationRep:
    Wonder if any of you can help me -

Whenever I try get on the Market, this appears:

"ATTENTION: A network error has occured. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen"

It was doing it earlier, but after one retry it worked; now it isn't working at all. Works fine on Opera and all other apps requiring internet..
    I do have connection, the little G/E/whatever else sometimes appears is flashing.

Don't even ask about Wifi, that's been dodgy with my router for a while now, haven't bothered with it.

Anyone else got this problem? Know a fix? Thankyou.

EDIT: got wifi working, and the problem still exists

EDIT: wifi is now letting me on the market

ReputationRep:
    I'm having google sign-in problems at the moment too... maybe all the people rushing to get the nav software has put a bit of strain on some Google's servers... not that we Hero users on 1.5 can get it anyway, grr!

2.1 is now delayed until June. Very tempted to just root it and get the unofficial ROM now - I'm certainly no stranger to stuff like this, just I was trying to hold off for at least 6 months before I started screwing around with it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt7)
    I'm having google sign-in problems at the moment too... maybe all the people rushing to get the nav software has put a bit of strain on some Google's servers... not that we Hero users on 1.5 can get it anyway, grr!

2.1 is now delayed until June. Very tempted to just root it and get the unofficial ROM now - I'm certainly no stranger to stuff like this, just I was trying to hold off for at least 6 months before I started screwing around with it :p:
    I asked my parents when the warranty was up earlier as they bought my hero for me for my 18th. They thought I had broken it

Look at this fan page though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt7)

Argh, June?! Next it will August.. then sometime next year! By the time they eventually update it, my contract will have probably ran out!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend a good app as a substitute for the nationalrail.co.uk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Old news. But awesome.
    Wasn't it rolled out today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~style)
    Wasn't it rolled out today?
    Seen an article claiming mid-April about a month ago. It may have been spculation but I defo read it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Seen an article claiming mid-April about a month ago. It may have been spculation but I defo read it.
    Yes speculations, so hardly old news to say it's out :p: quit hating just because you're on 1.5

ReputationRep:
    Yes speculations, so hardly old news to say it's out :p: quit hating just because you're on 1.5
    I'm thinking about reflashing BeHero, so shut it you.
    I even Nandroid+EXT'd my phone an hour ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I'm thinking about reflashing BeHero, so shut it you.
    I even Nandroid+EXT'd my phone an hour ago!
    You've rooted the hell out of your Hero haven't you

ReputationRep:
    You've rooted the hell out of your Hero haven't you
    Yeah, I'm themeing and reverse VNCing all over the shop!

ReputationRep:
    I want to root so much but I am not going to until my warranty expires in september. Still, at least I will get 2.1 quicker than anyone else with heros though

ReputationRep:
    Android, soon to be available for iPhones everywhere.

No joke.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yO2KQHkt4A

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to officially dual-booting OS X and Android on an iPhone XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Yeah, I'm themeing and reverse VNCing all over the shop!
    Which ROM you using?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.