Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been massively impressed by Android since getting my Nexus One so I've just ordered a Blackberry as a free upgrade :p:

ReputationRep:
    I find it amusing that you'd consider a Blackberry an "Upgrade" to be honest! :p:

ReputationRep:
    More like a downgrade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    You can download it now if you really wanted to, though I'd personally wait for it to be rooted...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=694738
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=694786 << It's now been rooted

ReputationRep:
    Well I went from iPhone OS to Android, which most people would consider weird. I wasn't impressed with Android and I got bored of iPhone OS after 18 months, I'm just trying another mobile OS, it was free so what's the harm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=694786 << It's now been rooted
    I'm gunna wait for a fully customised Cronos release I think, just so I can avoid wiping again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    No harm, we just can't believe it :P
    I came from extensive use of jailbroken iPhone OS on an iPt 2G and I also got bored of it, still use it for games though.
    Luckily my rooted Hero still satisfies me I think I'll stick to Android for a while
    There's lots of little niggles with Android on the N1 which annoy me. I've found I don't use any apps more than like once or twice on Android despite having downloaded quite a few. I use my old iPhone solely for Angry Birds, which is easily the best game on any mobile device ever. I was very close to getting an upgrade to the Dell Streak but I didn't because I just can't make up my mind about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    There's lots of little niggles with Android on the N1 which annoy me. I've found I don't use any apps more than like once or twice on Android despite having downloaded quite a few. I use my old iPhone solely for Angry Birds, which is easily the best game on any mobile device ever. I was very close to getting an upgrade to the Dell Streak but I didn't because I just can't make up my mind about it.
    It's a shame that your first foray in to Android was with a Rosie device, and not one using Sense. Never mind. As for the Streak... too big for a phone, too small for a MID...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I know this is an Android thread, but I what are peoples' thoughts on iPhone 4.
    I need points to argue about with some of my mates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil' Flo)
    I know this is an Android thread, but I what are peoples' thoughts on iPhone 4.
    I need points to argue about with some of my mates
    Android has a better UI, Apple has the better Apps.

As for best hardware and functionality, I'd say HTC Evo 4G ***** all over iPhone 4 tbh. HDMI out? Yes please!

Plus, you know, Android does Flash...

ReputationRep:
    iPhone 4 ***** over the Nexus One that's for sure...

I'm eagerly awaiting 1.3Ghz Snapdragon and the 1.5Ghz Scorpion, which should surely **** over the iPhone 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    iPhone 4 ***** over the Nexus One that's for sure...

I'm eagerly awaiting 1.3Ghz Snapdragon and the 1.5Ghz Scorpion, which should surely **** over the iPhone 4.
    for sure? i mean apart from the improved screen and front camera (which is lower quality anyway), don't really see much of a 'wow' factor that the iphone 3gs had.

I really wish someone would invent a new battery technology so that battery life isnt a problem! can't be arsed to charge every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Android has a better UI, Apple has the better Apps.

As for best hardware and functionality, I'd say HTC Evo 4G ***** all over iPhone 4 tbh. HDMI out? Yes please!

Plus, you know, Android does Flash...
    Soon to be bundled with interactive ads...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butane)
    Soon to be bundled with interactive ads...
    But then you could say the same of Google's acquisition of admob

ReputationRep:
    So, it's upgrade time for me, too!

I currently have iPhone 3GS, but I have no idea whether to upgrade to 4 (I love the App Store, and I also love the way that the iPod is integrated) or whether to go for the Desire. I know this is the Android thread, but is there really much of a difference between them? (Apart from the fact that I can get the Desire for £49.99...)

ReputationRep:
    Seriously need Froyo to come out 'officially' on the Desire so I can start to store apps on the SD card...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    :moon:
    Haha, yeah, I'm not even going to try keeping that one up to date!

ReputationRep:
    Got my Desire through this morning and I've been playing with it non-stop; I've ran the battery down 1.5 times in about 6-7 hours. So far, I cannot fault it, though I find that with prolonged heavy use it can get quite hot - but I guess that's because I've been raping it today.

Any apps people can suggest? I've got the app kill, googleEarth, google sky map, movies, picsay and shazam, so far - though I see what people mean now by wanting 2.2 to come out soon, it'd be very useful to use the 4GB memory card for apps...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Paper Toss
    FML
    3banana (for notes)
    3G Watchdog
    BBC News (the widget is awesome)
    WeFi
    XGalaga

To name a few.
    Could you give me like a 2 work summary on what 3G watchdog, wefi and papertoss do? (I've got the BBC News widget, and it is awsome :gah: )

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.