Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Lol :awesome:
    I read that last week and it is quite funny

ReputationRep:
    Got a HTC Desire last week. Coming from a HD2 with Windows Mobile, Android 2.1 is quite breathtaking.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I hope someone on here can help me - I have a HTC Android and it says on my phone the model is "T-Mobile G2 Touch".
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'm having trouble with my SD card, I keep getting the notification "Preparing SD card, checking for errors", and I've taken the card out and blown on it and it's not scratched or damaged at all.
    I'm fairly OK with computers but phones are new territory. I've plugged my phone into my laptop with the SD card in it, and a new drive appeared but apparently there was no disk in it. So I Googled, downloaded and installed HTC Sync, which didn't help at all.
    All the official sites ask what my model is (Hero, Diamond etc) and none of them say G2 Touch (it must have another name?) so they're kinda useless.
    And the amateur sites I've searched say that this message means the card is corrupted but I don't have an alternative way of checking this, and they suggest to "reformat your SD card" but I have no idea where to begin with that, since I can't open the card to scan for garbled files!
    I went to the T-Mobile shop today and the woman said to "update your software" and that should help. But as I said before, I don't know what model it is to do this and argh argh argh.
    I really appreciate any replies I get to this, I am getting dangerously close to insanity

(The most promising/simple solution I found is to "plug the phone in storage mode and to make a scandisk of the micro SD" but I don't know how to put it in storage mode)

ReputationRep:
    The T-Mobile G2 Touch is a rebrand of the HTC Hero

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assmaster)
    (The most promising/simple solution I found is to "plug the phone in storage mode and to make a scandisk of the micro SD" but I don't know how to put it in storage mode)
    It's a HTC Hero.

Plug it in to your PC, drag down the notification bar (at top with time/date etc), select USB connected > Mount.

ReputationRep:
    you could try buying a memory card reader for your pc, if it reads the card, then just reformat it and your good to go, if the phone doesnt recognise it after this then theres something wrong with the phone

if it doesnt, then its probably a problem with the card

p.s. theres known problems with that phone, where the 3g doesnt work have a read here if your interested http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/discus...e15db75a006088

ReputationRep:
    It's a HTC Hero.

Plug it in to your PC, drag down the notification bar (at top with time/date etc), select USB connected > Mount.
    Really appreciate the help everyone

Now I know it's a Hero (:cool:) I have searched but found no new software for it, so that rules that out.
    Also I don't have the 'USB connected' thing on my notifications bar, would that be part of the problem? My computer still recognises a drive but no disk in that drive. When I go to settings, the SD card is 'unavailable' and the option to 'unmount SD card' is greyed out, but when I took the card out, the phone was all "oh no wai you can't do that, unmount your card safely". So it recognises it's there, but it won't read off it?

Also I don't reeeally want to have to buy a microSD card reader... But thanks for the link to T-Mobile, I've searched that too but to no avail... Bloomin' phone

ReputationRep:
    Lol :awesome:

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think I can cry.
    My brother is getting HTC Desire.
    Jealous doesn't even cover how I feel. I don't know whyy I want one so much, well I don't I just want to fiddle with it and have the lastest gadget.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No.666)
    Got a HTC Desire last week. Coming from a HD2 with Windows Mobile, Android 2.1 is quite breathtaking.
    I just sold my Hero and got a Desire (£360+unlock).

I'm not sure why though.....because HTCare completely out fo order in not releasing Eclair 2.1 to the Hero until July now, which means they'll keep on doing it for every new handset that coems out.

Thankfully, I'm adept with new Roms and radios etc and upgraded from Cupcake to Modaco to Eclair 2.1 on my Hero via a hacked version. It worked well, but had a couple of bugs.

So the Desire.....please HTC - don't piss me off again with your next effort of Frozen Yoghurt!

ReputationRep:
    Not bad. Have fun I'm waiting till my phone is out of warranty first.
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    I think I can cry. My brother is getting HTC Desire. know whyy I want one so much, well I don't I gadget
    That is harsh. When did you get your hero?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Not bad. Have fun I'm waiting till my phone is out of warranty first.

That is harsh. When did you get your hero?
    December. I still love my hero though so don't worry.

He's getting his soon. I'm wanting him to wait because there might be more coming out soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    December. I still love my hero though so don't worry.

He's getting his soon. I'm wanting him to wait because there might be more coming out soon...
    but there will always be more coming out soon, just some (the desire) will last longer than others due to the built in hardware

ReputationRep:
    http://top10.com/mobilephones/news/2...roid_2_1delay/

seems like June is the time to expect 2.1 on the Hero now.... :rolleyes: this is getting rather tedious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)

seems like June is the time to expect 2.1 on the Hero now.... :rolleyes: this is getting rather tedious
    What's the difference between whatever we have at the moment and 2.1? I didn't know anything about an update.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    What's the difference between whatever we have at the moment and 2.1? I didn't know anything about an update.
    2.1 is the version that is being shipped with all the new android phones like the legend, desire and nexus one. I think it's generally a lot faster and more efficient as well as a few navigational add ons, more homescreens, voice to text functionality, google maps turn by turn navigation, a few new widgets and a 3d photo gallery developed with cooliris. I think there may be a few other things, but thats all that I have heard. It's a fairly significant update...

On a side note, does anyone have any problems with the clock widget sticking? If I leave my phone in sleep for a long time, when I go to use the phone again, the clock widget is stuck on the time that it was when I last used the phone. I have to go click on it and go into the time settings bit to refresh it. It's really irritating, does anyone have a similar problem?

ReputationRep:

I'd Join this

ReputationRep:

"June is a more realistic deadline"... so.. next year sometime then?

ReputationRep:
    2.1 is the version that is being shipped with all the new android phones like the legend, desire and nexus one. I think it's generally a lot faster and more efficient as well as a few navigational add ons, more homescreens, voice to text functionality, google maps turn by turn navigation, a few new widgets and a 3d photo gallery developed with cooliris. I think there may be a few other things, but thats all that I have heard. It's a fairly significant update...

On a side note, does anyone have any problems with the clock widget sticking? If I leave my phone in sleep for a long time, when I go to use the phone again, the clock widget is stuck on the time that it was when I last used the phone. I have to go click on it and go into the time settings bit to refresh it. It's really irritating, does anyone have a similar problem?
    Thanks and yes! Sometimes my alarm doesn't even go off if the time is stuck at some silly hour of the night! Very annoying.. it's been happening for ages. Although I don't need to go into the clock to refresh it, it does that when I unlock the phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    Thanks and yes! Sometimes my alarm doesn't even go off if the time is stuck at some silly hour of the night! Very annoying.. it's been happening for ages. Although I don't need to go into the clock to refresh it, it does that when I unlock the phone.
    hmm sounds like a slightly different problem, my internal clock still functions because it reads the right time in the top right hand corner and my alarm still goes off. It's just the widget that gets stuck.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.