Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    hmm sounds like a slightly different problem, my internal clock still functions because it reads the right time in the top right hand corner and my alarm still goes off. It's just the widget that gets stuck.
    I think my top right corner ones says the right time too from what I remember. Really annoying though whatever it is. Maybe 2.1 will fix it when it comes out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    I think my top right corner ones says the right time too from what I remember. Really annoying though whatever it is. Maybe 2.1 will fix it when it comes out.
    yeah possibly, my phone seems to be running a bit slow in general since I did a factory reset. It would be good if 2.1 fixes that aswell

ReputationRep:
    I was about to comment saying I have no issues with the clock widget... only to then realise I do not use the clock widget... :awesome:

I have the old flipclock from 1.76
    It's beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    My brother just asked me what the best iPod contracts are around, I told him not to get an iPod and get Android with HTC Desire.. Now I hate myself for telling him to get the Desire when I have the Hero

(Original post by Disconfigured)
    My brother just asked me what the best iPod contracts are around, I told him not to get an iPod and get Android with HTC Desire.. Now I hate myself for telling him to get the Desire when I have the Hero
    iPhone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    iPhone?
    I think an ipod would be better more functionality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I have the old flipclock from 1.76
    It's beautiful.
    I have this too... am I running an old rom version? I thought I was running the most up to date rom and firmware?

I have this too... am I running an old rom version? I thought I was running the most up to date rom and firmware?
    2.73 is the newest.
    I have the hacked flip clock as it was removed from the newest builds.

You should update, it makes it so much faster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    iPhone?
    Yeah.. that one :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    2.73 is the newest.
    I have the hacked flip clock as it was removed from the newest builds.

You should update, it makes it so much faster.
    I am running build 2.73 and I have the flip clock/weather widget... Is that the one you're referring to? If so, I'm not sure why you had to get a hacked version, but I have it...

Edit: Are you referring to the flip clock with flipping animation as opposed to the flip clock that just changes instantaneously? If so, I'm not particularly fussed about that as the reason it was removed was due to quite a lot of memory drain. You should consider removing it....

I am running build 2.73 and I have the flip clock/weather widget... Is that the one you're referring to? If so, I'm not sure why you had to get a hacked version, but I have it...

Edit: Are you referring to the flip clock with flipping animation as opposed to the flip clock that just changes instantaneously? If so, I'm not particularly fussed about that as the reason it was removed was due to quite a lot of memory drain. You should consider removing it....
    I am referring to the animation yes.
    I flashed it and noticed no extra lag (definately nowhere near 1.76 laggyness). I think I'll keep it until 2.1 forces me to kill it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I flashed it and noticed no extra lag (definitely nowhere near 1.76 laggyness). I think I'll keep it until 2.1 forces me to kill it
    fair enough, the animation doesn't really fuss me to be honest. I just want it to function as a clock...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I flashed it and noticed no extra lag (definitely nowhere near 1.76 laggyness). I think I'll keep it until 2.1 forces me to kill it
    Are you using the ROM with the overclocked kernel? I tried it and the speed is amazing :eek3:

Also this 2.1 rom has the flip clock:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=671819

(Original post by Hasan)
    Are you using the ROM with the overclocked kernel? I tried it and the speed is amazing :eek3:

Also this 2.1 rom has the flip clock:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=671819
    No, can you supply me with a .zip/.img with the overclock kernal WITH WLAN working?

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see it's not just me who has an HTC Hero and is stuck with the old firmware. It's ridiculous. When i got my phone, it was the best Android phone out (arguably). Now it's still stuck on 1.4 or something, google released 1.1 very early on in January and now it's May and it's still delayed at least another month. It's ridiculous. They're talking about features in 2.2 now, and i havn't even got 2.1 yet. If 2.1 is released in July, it'll probably be 2011 until i get it, unless they decide my phone is no longer supported. Anybody managed to put it on their phone manually?

(Original post by AndrewFromTheNorth)
    Glad to see it's not just me who has an HTC Hero and is stuck with the old firmware. It's ridiculous. When i got my phone, it was the best Android phone out (arguably). Now it's still stuck on 1.4 or something, google released 1.1 very early on in January and now it's May and it's still delayed at least another month. It's ridiculous. They're talking about features in 2.2 now, and i havn't even got 2.1 yet. If 2.1 is released in July, it'll probably be 2011 until i get it, unless they decide my phone is no longer supported. Anybody managed to put it on their phone manually?
    We are on 1.5 and Google released 2.1...

Also, yes. I managed to install two different 2.1 ROMs onto my phone, I'm sure they will be ever more refined by now.

ALSO: I use Windows Snap all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    No, can you supply me with a .zip/.img with the overclock kernal WITH WLAN working?
    It's all on XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636092 - for the ROM with overclock built in

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=673653 - for just the kernel
    I haven't tried this one, looks like you'll have to set the CPU speed manually using SetCPU.

(Original post by Hasan)
    It's all on XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636092 - for the ROM with overclock built in

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=673653 - for just the kernel
    I haven't tried this one, looks like you'll have to set the CPU speed manually using SetCPU.
    I was talking about the 710MHz overclock, this is even better.
    Testing atm. Froze my phone first time I set it to full speed though
    I will regret hacking this phone one day.

ReputationRep:
    I will probably root my phone when it is out of warranty but I will probably never overclock it. Just doesn't seem a good thing to do to something without a cooling system that you would put in a computer that is overclocked

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.