Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I will probably root my phone when it is out of warranty but I will probably never overclock it. Just doesn't seem a good thing to do to something without a cooling system that you would put in a computer that is overclocked
    You can set min/max frequencies for when (or rather if!) the battery reaches a chosen temperature.
    It's all software, not hardware overclocking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I will probably root my phone when it is out of warranty but I will probably never overclock it. Just doesn't seem a good thing to do to something without a cooling system that you would put in a computer that is overclocked
    when does your warranty run out? I expect I will sell my phone and upgrade before the warranty goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    when does your warranty run out? I expect I will sell my phone and upgrade before the warranty goes.
    September. I will probably root it then and may sell it and get a new one but I'm going to uni so don't know how much money I will have

ReputationRep:
    Rooted my phone for the first time and installed one of the 2.1 ROMs... Everything seems to work, which I wasn't expecting! 2.1 is nice. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darbo92)
    Does android 1.6 support flash on a web browser?
    Full flash support will be hardware dependant. Flash Lite runs on all Android phones on the market at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Full flash support will be hardware dependant. Flash Lite runs on all Android phones on the market at the moment.
    Only HTC bundle it in, do they not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Only HTC bundle it in, do they not?
    :dontknow: But it should still run on the others...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    :dontknow: But it should still run on the others...
    I was under the impression that it was built into the HTC browser o.O

Obviously after it's official release it will have APIs that allow other apps to call upon it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I was under the impression that it was built into the HTC browser o.O

Obviously after it's official release it will have APIs that allow other apps to call upon it..
    :dontknow: The Motorola Devour has it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darbo92)
    does the x10 have it?

also android 2.2 will support adobe flash 10.1
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...support-flash/
    Not sure about X10..

2.2 will support Flash 10.1.. but only on specific hardware. Namely the Nexus One/Desire/Evo/Incredible/X10. Not the Hero (Officially) and potentially the Legend.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, i was reading sumwhere that there are 50k+ android apps. However the prob is that i cant find them on the market! So where ar e they?

ReputationRep:
    iv had the htc desire about a week now, its the best phone iv ever had by a mile, but i have to say im a bit disappointed with the apps, they just arent on par with the iphone, especially the games, i really hope that the major developers start to release android apps now that it seems to be going mainstream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afc_22)
    iv had the htc desire about a week now, its the best phone iv ever had by a mile, but i have to say im a bit disappointed with the apps, they just arent on par with the iphone, especially the games, i really hope that the major developers start to release android apps now that it seems to be going mainstream
    really? I was under the impression that the majority of the decent iPhone apps had equivilents on Android...

On a side note. I'm having a problem with my HTC Hero at the moment. When someone rings me, the screen lights up and I can see who is calling, but it takes a good 3-4 seconds before the phone actually rings. This is obviously a problem when the phone is in my pocket because the person is ringing for about 4 seconds before I even hear it. Does anyone else have this problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    really? I was under the impression that the majority of the decent iPhone apps had equivilents on Android...

On a side note. I'm having a problem with my HTC Hero at the moment. When someone rings me, the screen lights up and I can see who is calling, but it takes a good 3-4 seconds before the phone actually rings. This is obviously a problem when the phone is in my pocket because the person is ringing for about 4 seconds before I even hear it. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Every functional app has more or less got a good equivelant. Games are a different story, there are some gems but not a constant stream of them, Adobe AIR could change this.

As for your issue, it's just lag. You may wish to invest in a time-based task killer. Or if you are rooted install Auto Memory Manager (tweaks the built in task manager) and flash the overclock kernal (there is a BIG difference between 528mhz and 768mhz :_O).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    flash the overclock kernal (there is a BIG difference between 528mhz and 768mhz :_O).
    How much battery life do you lose from this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    How much battery life do you lose from this?
    Not much tbh, I have it running between 691 and 768mhz when my screen is on (and when charging) and beteen 480 and 614mhz when screen is off. Also if power drops bellow 26% or temp goes above 50C then it lowers it.

It's 100% configurable.
    If you want an idea of what I mean without flashing it, try overclock widget from the Market (it doesn't over clock you, but it gives you control over the clock speed under different circumstances.
    Chances are I have better battery than you because the processor is in ondemmand mode

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Every functional app has more or less got a good equivelant. Games are a different story, there are some gems but not a constant stream of them, Adobe AIR could change this.

As for your issue, it's just lag. You may wish to invest in a time-based task killer. Or if you are rooted install Auto Memory Manager (tweaks the built in task manager) and flash the overclock kernal (there is a BIG difference between 528mhz and 768mhz :_O).
    fair enough. Thanks, I'm not rooted due to warranty. But I do use ataskkiller fairly regularly... It has only stated happening since I reset my Hero. Everything seems to be running slower since I did that. Very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Just flashed to VillainROM 5.5 (Eclair). It's been working well, quite stable so far, relatively quick, though slower than MoDaCo 3.2 (cupcake).

ReputationRep:
    Just felt I should post this.
    Surely this is good news? Uk next
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/10/n...-smartphone-m/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil' Flo)
    Just felt I should post this.
    Surely this is good news? Uk next
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/10/n...-smartphone-m/
    Seen this on Phandroid. It is good news.
    I would like more people in the UK to adopt Android.. But tbh a large global user base means more developers regardless of country

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.