Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ^a lot of my friends have recently got Android phones, good tariffs on the Desire mean I've seen a few about now. I feel a bit out of date with my Magic, but my upgrade isn't far away now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    ^a lot of my friends have recently got Android phones, good tariffs on the Desire mean I've seen a few about now. I feel a bit out of date with my Magic, but my upgrade isn't far away now.
    Lucky.. September 2011 for me :sigh:
    May buy whatever succeeds the Desire though..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was in alton towers at the weekend and the girl in the queue next to me had a desire. So jealous

ReputationRep:
    Mate at work just got a Desire too. I feel it is aptly named.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, the official Orange Hero ROM sucks (but it's the only way I can install the AmonRA Recovery ROM)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Ugh, the official Orange Hero ROM sucks (but it's the only way I can install the AmonRA Recovery ROM)...
    wat.

I installed the most recent Ra over my original custom recovery image within MCR 3.1..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    wat.

I installed the most recent Ra over my original custom recovery image within MCR 3.1..
    The FlashRec app was having issues backing up my RecoveryROM, and that was the recommended way to fix it. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    The FlashRec app was having issues backing up my RecoveryROM, and that was the recommended way to fix it. :dontknow:
    I just used an Android terminal, superuser'd and flash the .img..

ReputationRep:
    Just flashed to VillainROM 5.5 (Eclair). It's been working well, quite stable so far, relatively quick, though slower than MoDaCo 3.2 (cupcake).
    That's what I've got. What is the battery life like for you? Mine seems to go quite quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben25)
    That's what I've got. What is the battery life like for you? Mine seems to go quite quickly.
    I ditched it due to shoddy battery. I think I'm going to sit on 1.5 roms until 2.1 is official.

ReputationRep:
    I ditched it due to shoddy battery. I think I'm going to sit on 1.5 roms until 2.1 is official.
    Overclock that *****.

ReputationRep:
    I have to take the charger with me to uni. By noon the battery is at about 50% :rofl:

This is one of the 2.1 roms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    I have to take the charger with me to uni. By noon the battery is at about 50% :rofl:

This is one of the 2.1 roms.
    Legend/Eris kernal does not sit well with the Hero :P
    Hopefully it's optimized in the official release

You could always try overclock widget to lower processor usage when screen is off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darbo92)
    what do you guys think of this...
    http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsso...i_pro-3147.php
    The X10 Mini in general is too fat looking. Plus I dislike QWERTY keyboards.

ReputationRep:
    Guys; is there anyway to password protect or protect in any way a photo on my Hero?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disconfigured)
    Guys; is there anyway to password protect or protect in any way a photo on my Hero?
    I think there are "photo vault" apps in the Market..

May be able to get you the APK if you.. send me the pic :gah:

ReputationRep:
    Just tested it, it works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I think there are "photo vault" apps in the Market..

May be able to get you the APK if you.. send me the pic :gah:
    yeah I did google it, but most aren't free.
    I found two which are free; one of them only lets you store 5 pictures and the other after 5 days lets any password work

You'd like that, wouldn't you? But alas, no. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Just tested it, it works
    Hmm, I'll check it out then (: ty.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I'll check it out then (: ty.
    It's a paid one I can give for free :ninja:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.