Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Android OS watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the volume was fine. The sound quality... well... my headphones cost me $10AUD 2 years ago... I can't really comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoaaron)
    hmmmm i just read a review and it said the MP3/sound quality of the hero is poor poor and too QUIET.

can someone inform me if its true or not? i have already ordered it but will return if its true because im using w/e phone i buy as my primary MP3 player!
    The sound quality is not poor at all as long as you use decent headphones :rolleyes:
    And its not too quiet either- not for me at least; but if you find it to be too quiet- theres an app to boost the volume up beyond the max- although you would need root access to use it

ReputationRep:
    :woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

Oh yeah BABY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    :woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

Oh yeah BABY
    Nice It took them a while !

ReputationRep:

Oh yeah BABY
    Haha. Wicked. How smooth is it?

ReputationRep:
    2 Days till i get mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.K.B)
    Haha. Wicked. How smooth is it?
    I don't know yet... I'm at work... :ninja:

Rather worried it says it's going to delete everything off the phone*. I've already lost my numbers once.... Wish I'd left most of my peeps as Google contacts... :rolleyes:

*Last time it said that, it also wiped my SIM.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the new ROM is no different from the current Custom ROM from MoDaCo (apart from the Custom is even faster). So I will wait for the next update.

To anyone scared of rooting go for the official, for anyone else: get the custom MoDaCo.. Trust me.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know yet... I'm at work... :ninja:

Rather worried it says it's going to delete everything off the phone*. I've already lost my numbers once.... Wish I'd left most of my peeps as Google contacts... :rolleyes:

*Last time it said that, it also wiped my SIM.
    Its not gonna delete ''everything'' ; you better save all your contacts on google- isnt it just a one click procedure? I'm sure I did it in one click :p:
    Your apps will be saved too- once you update your phone with the ROM- just go to ''my downloads'' in market- and theyre all there you just have to d'load them again (not sure about paid ones though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Apparently the new ROM is no different from the current Custom ROM from MoDaCo (apart from the Custom is even faster). So I will wait for the next update.

To anyone scared of rooting go for the official, for anyone else: get the custom MoDaCo.. Trust me.

Yup- I went with Modaco in the end; couldve done it earlier but was having problems rooting my phone. All sorted now- got modaco...and its ohhhh soooo smoooothh...plus wifi tether!!!
    Although- people who update their phones with this new ROM will lose rooting abilities- word of warning!!
    Apparently Tmobile G2 users arent able to get the update file from HTC site; some orange hero users were complaining the same....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.K.B)
    Yup- I went with Modaco in the end; couldve done it earlier but was having problems rooting my phone. All sorted now- got modaco...and its ohhhh soooo smoooothh...plus wifi tether!!!
    Although- people who update their phones with this new ROM will lose rooting abilities- word of warning!!
    Apparently Tmobile G2 users arent able to get the update file from HTC site; some orange hero users were complaining the same....
    T-Orange customers who want the update officially must wait for their respective companies to receive and customize (preload apps and that stupid loading screen) the ROM before it will be available to their customers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    T-Orange customers who want the update officially must wait for their respective companies to receive and customize (preload apps and that stupid loading screen) the ROM before it will be available to their customers.
    can you update unofficially or does that void the warranties etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    can you update unofficially or does that void the warranties etc?
    AFAIK the only wait currently is to flash a new recovery image which voids your warrantee.. And if you go down that line you may as well install the custom ROM :P

Keep an eye on this thread, if a method becomes available I or somone else will post it here, even thought its not useful to me :P

ReputationRep:
    Orange *******! *shakes fist*

ReputationRep:
    Custom ROM! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    MoDaCo 2.0

ReputationRep:

Do it do it do it
    Dont wait any longer

ReputationRep:
    Warning!
    * Please note that this upgrade will erase any data stored on the phone. We recommend that you back up all your data before performing this upgrade.
    * This is a generic software update. Any additional software or settings provided by your mobile operator or company will be lost. If you require this customization, please contact your supplier first before upgrading.
    * The update will take up to 10 minutes, DO NOT interrupt the update process, make/receive phone calls, disconnect the phone from the PC, or press any buttons until the process has been completed.

Right so how do i backup stuff and what exactly will be deleted...... stupid ******* system tbh if you ask me. Updating your phone wipes everything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    Right so how do i backup stuff and what exactly will be deleted...... stupid ******* system tbh if you ask me. Updating your phone wipes everything?
    Use MyBackUp (or the pro version if you want the APK :ninja:).
    Its not a stupid system. It ensures no corruption or compatability issues.

ReputationRep:
    Can the apps on the SD card be copied to my desktop before updating and then pasted back over once it's all done or do they all have to be re-downloaded?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.