Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by togepii)
    Hi,
    Just got a new phone today (LG GW620) and was just wondering what the best app for emails is?? I'm used to a simple phone that I use for calling and texting so this is all new to me so sorry if I sound stupid!
    I seem to be having trouble connecting my hotmail account to the apps already on the phone. Managed to connect to an app just called 'Email', but the new emails I receive don't seem to be coming through, it just keeps adding old emails on to the list...
    If anyone can make any sense of this and maybe help me out it would be greatly appreciated! I just want an app where I'll get notified when I have a new email and then be able to read it.
    Thanks.
    Give it time and it'll sort itself out.

ReputationRep:
    Now comes the long wait for FroYo.
    Google TV futhermucker!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Now comes the long wait for FroYo.
    Google TV futhermucker!
    Hope htc dont take aslong as they took with the hero update or it will be a double long wait for desire/lengend users. Still looking forward to the speed increase and apps to sd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x01)
    Hope htc dont take aslong as they took with the hero update or it will be a double long wait for desire/lengend users. Still looking forward to the speed increase and apps to sd.
    I wonder whether the hero will (offically) get Froyo, with not having flash and all that Jazz, the JIT does look fair cool though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x01)
    They wont. HTC made different SKUs for each language for the Hero, which all need to be individually validated by Google before they can be released. Unfortunately, this takes time. HTC also want a world wide release date for all languages, so we have to wait for them all. Later HTC phones (Legend/Desire etc) have one SKU with different languages installed for each area, making the whole process a lot shorter.

(Original post by wizard710)
    I wonder whether the hero will (offically) get Froyo, with not having flash and all that Jazz, the JIT does look fair cool though
    Confirmed that this will not be happening. :sad: Not that the boys at the XDA forums have a problem with this...

ReputationRep:
    Good News Hero Owners!

No, no. Not that Android 2.1 has been released! :p: However, the Hero's kernel for 2.1 has been leaked, which means the guys over at XDA will be cooking some nice 100% working 2.1 ROMs over the weekend. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    got a problem guys, my hero won't send messages, just keeps failing and won't hang up when I ring someone! I've tried taking the battery out etc but nothing works! should I just restart?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Good News Hero Owners!

No, no. Not that Android 2.1 has been released! :p: However, the Hero's kernel for 2.1 has been leaked, which means the guys over at XDA will be cooking some nice 100% working 2.1 ROMs over the weekend. :awesome:
    **** ing yassss!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disconfigured)
    got a problem guys, my hero won't send messages, just keeps failing and won't hang up when I ring someone! I've tried taking the battery out etc but nothing works! should I just restart?
    You on Network Three?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    You on Network Three?
    I am yeah
    Just google'd it (cause my brother has same problem) and it seems the network is down!? Argh!
    Though I'm happy it isn't my phone that's the problem!

ReputationRep:
    Does any of your marketplace work
    mine haven't been working for a while, so i reset and googled solutions and tried it all but ended up doing a factory restore this morning which ment that I could use the marketplace this morning and after redownloading some of the apps it now no longer work

any solution guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    mine haven't been working for a while, so i reset and googled solutions and tried it all but ended up doing a factory restore this morning which ment that I could use the marketplace this morning and after redownloading some of the apps it now no longer work

any solution guys?
    Can you elaborate? Mine seems to work.. Where does it fail? Launching, viewing, downloading, installing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)

any solution guys?
    Mines fineee :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I've tried the new overclocked kernel at 710MHz, its pretty good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    I've tried the new overclocked kernel at 710MHz, its pretty good
    Yeah it is
    768MHz breaks my phone though, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I wasn't more clear.
    Basically I can open it etc but it just won't downloading although when I am clicking on install it just says starting but it never does.

=/

ReputationRep:
    Finally flashed my phone to 1.6. Forgot to back up my texts first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Finally flashed my phone to 1.6. Forgot to back up my texts first
    Texts just lag Android phones.
    As long as I back up my numbers I don't care about texts :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Texts just lag Android phones.
    As long as I back up my numbers I don't care about texts :P
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=684654

I'm just about to flash this one. Using v1.2 atm, best 2.1 ROM I've ever used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=684654

I'm just about to flash this one. Using v1.2 atm, best 2.1 ROM I've ever used.
    Can it run at 710MHz?

EDIT: NVM it can, I'll give it a whirl later, tell me if the Market works fully

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.