Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Streak anyone?
    Too big for me, but it looks really nice.
    Good to see it advertised on TSR too :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Too big for me, but it looks really nice.
    Good to see it advertised on TSR too :P
    You don't block ads? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    You don't block ads? :lolwut:
    Currently on my dads Dell until my new Vaio arrives.
    Don't know how to block on IE and not really bothered tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Streak anyone?
    I want.
    Just for the simple fact that, I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disconfigured)
    I want.
    Just for the simple fact that, I want.
    saw it in a shop today, not on though. Stupidly big though, but yeah, I want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Currently on my dads Dell until my new Vaio arrives.
    Don't know how to block on IE and not really bothered tbh.
    Oooh IE hope you don't get a virus :p:

ReputationRep:
    2.1 for June 18th is the new date

clicky

I hope they are telling the truth this time.

If this update does turn out to be true, can someone recommend me app/s to back up my applications? Not bothered about sms and my contacts are synced with Google anyway, but I'd like the applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)

clicky

If this update does turn out to be true, can someone recommend me app/s to back up my applications? Not bothered about sms and my contacts are synced with Google anyway, but I'd like the applications.
    I hard formatted my desire a week ago and used ASTRO file manager (press menu -> tools -> app manager back up) you can then install then all using the same app. Also a great way to manage everything on your sd card.

ReputationRep:

clicky

So close.. yet still so far
    That's just the prep also, but hopefully the full update won't be too much longer after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x01)
    I hard formatted my desire a week ago and used ASTRO file manager (press menu -> tools -> app manager back up) you can then install then all using the same app. Also a great way to manage everything on your sd card.
    Being a n00b here.. wouldn't that App be deleted when updating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disconfigured)
    Being a n00b here.. wouldn't that App be deleted when updating?
    Yes, but you only need to download one app from the market to be able to reinstall all your apps from the SD card. Much easier than redownloading all your apps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x01)
    I'm running 1.5 on a hero so I don't have menu > Tools. Can astro be downloaded from the market? If I back it up to sd card, won't it get wiped off when installing 2.1? Should I back up to PC too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Yes, but you only need to download one app from the market to be able to reinstall all your apps from the SD card. Much easier than redownloading all your apps.
    Ah, fair play

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got this http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/discus...0e491963005ae0 ? I think Friday is looking more likely that we will receive some 2.1 goodness

ReputationRep:
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/h...across-europe/ Also this link

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/h...across-europe/ Also this link
    Exciting stuff. When will our Hero's work out that they have to be updated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Has anyone got this http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/discus...0e491963005ae0 ? I think Friday is looking more likely that we will receive some 2.1 goodness
    I got the option to update, but I was out and on mobile internet so I declined. Now I want to update but can't find the option to on my phone. Any ideas? Also, will this minor update wipe all apps etc. off my phone?

ReputationRep:
    Incase anyone else rejects the offer to download the system update. If you want to download at a later date so you press remind me later, it won't remind you for another 14 days. I set the date on my phone to 14 days later and was given the update straight away.

ReputationRep:
    I got the option to update, but I was out and on mobile internet so I declined. Now I want to update but can't find the option to on my phone. Any ideas? Also, will this minor update wipe all apps etc. off my phone?
    First one won't but second one will

ReputationRep:
    From the HTC site;
    "Update – HTC Hero Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update
    In our commitment to providing you with the best user experience, we are pushing out a new firmware update to your HTC Hero with the ROM version 2.73.405.5. Your phone will receive a notification of this update when it is made available. Simply press OK to accept the update via a data connection such as Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G. After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the Build number (From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Build number). The new Build number after the update will be 2.73.405.93; 2.73.405.94 (Nordic) & 2.73.405.95 (Greece/ Ireland). Update Information: Firmware over-the-air (FOTA) client update & YouTube player Update. Note:Please back up your data first before upgrading your phone. We recommend using a free Wi-Fi hotspot or an unlimited data plan to apply this update. If not, standard data connection charges may apply. For any questions, please contact us via http://www.htc.com/www/CA_Hotline.aspx"

Yayyy.
    Also, I have 1GB a month.. is this gonna be fine to do it through 3G? My wifi always cuts out

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.