Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    I swear BBC Click tweeted that the official Hero update part 1 (not wiping the phone) is available now.. but I can't find it.

Also, joined
    yes, you should have already been prompted by now to recieve the pre- 2.1 update which get's the phone ready to receive 2.1. If you haven't received it yet, try setting your date a few weeks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ you guys all waiting on the 2.1 release! :p: I'm sat here currently waiting a nice Vanilla 2.2 release Should be good.

Also: iPlayer has been announced for Android, but you're going to need 2.2 to run it (they've just resized the website, not doing an app).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I can't wait to get an Android phone :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Lol @ you guys all waiting on the 2.1 release! :p: I'm sat here currently waiting a nice Vanilla 2.2 release Should be good.

Also: iPlayer has been announced for Android, but you're going to need 2.2 to run it (they've just resized the website, not doing an app).
    what are you on 2.2 with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    what are you on 2.2 with?
    I'm not (yet). Though it'll be on my Hero.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'm not (yet). Though it'll be on my Hero.
    Oh right, yeah, I see. Reread your post and see you are waiting for a 2.2 release.

Oh well one day when my phone is out of warranty I will root it and by then we will have ginger bread

ReputationRep:
    dont think the hero is getting 2.1 as sprint have confirmed that the cdma hero isnt getting it

Hate HTC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zain1612)
    dont think the hero is getting 2.1 as sprint have confirmed that the cdma hero isnt getting it

Hate HTC
    I think you mean 2.2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    I think you mean 2.2
    Yeah, seeing as the CDMA hero already has 2.1

ReputationRep:
    2.1 is being rolled out across europe :woo: :woo::woo::woo::woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Will Froyo be coming to the Hero?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    2.1 is being rolled out across europe :woo: :woo::woo::woo::woo:
    :woo: Although, is this going to kill up my data? I don't have wifi access at the moment :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Will Froyo be coming to the Hero?
    It won't be coming officially from HTC.

But I've seen some developers on XDA Devs, who are currently cooking up Froyo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    It won't be coming officially from HTC.

But I've seen some developers on XDA Devs, who are currently cooking up Froyo!
    I know Feeyo of Cronos Droid is building Froyo from the ground up for us. I think that'll be the best bet.

ReputationRep:
    I want Froyo on my Desire. NAO!!

ReputationRep:
    I've had froyo on my Magic for ages, get with the times kids. Incidentally I don't think I'll be upgrading my ROM again; the one I have now is fast, the battery lasts for ages (2 days with light use), and the only thing which doesn't work is youtube (and that doesn't bother me).

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for my phone to be out of warranty so I can root it. I don't have the money to buy a new one if I brick it

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't got the "preupdate" on the 2.1 for Hero.. can you still download and have the full update when it comes out? 3UK are being stupid and haven't issued the preupdate yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I can't wait to get an Android phone
    :ditto:
    August come quickly...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Lil' Flo)
    :ditto:
    August come quickly...
    Your lucky I'm all the way in January although I guess I could buy my contract out early or something...I've also decided my next phone will have to have at least a screen as big as the HD2/evo4G

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.