The Student Room Group
Reply 1
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 23:01:14 +0100, the human known as "Mike Abbott"
<[email protected]> wrote the following gibberish:

[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Does anyone knows a good way to avoid stress at examination time? I "blew" a timed TMA (DD100)[/q1]
[q1]>because due to stress and short term memory problems (dyspraxia!!)[/q1]

http://www3.open.ac.uk/learners-guide/learning-skills/revision/sect1/sect1intro.htm

HTH Dave

--
http://www.dave-tutssel.com/weblog/index.htm
Reply 2
Contact your Regional Office and tell them about you difficulties and they will find ways in which
to help you in your studies.

Paula

"Mike Abbott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Does anyone knows a good way to avoid stress at examination time? I "blew" a timed TMA (DD100)[/q1]
[q1]> because due to stress and short term memory problems (dyspraxia!!)[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Mary[/q1]
Reply 3
Depending on the region you are in, you can attend an Exam Stress management course within the OU.
If you are Dyslexic / Dyspraxic, then you should tell the OU asap and provide them with the
necessary evidence to prove your disability (contrary to popular thinking....dyslexia is a
disability). You may be entitled to extra time. HTH. "Paula" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[q1]> Contact your Regional Office and tell them about you difficulties and they will find ways in which[/q1]
[q1]> to help you in your studies.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Paula[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "Mike Abbott" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q1]> news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Does anyone knows a good way to avoid stress at examination time?[/q2]
[q2]> > I "blew" a timed TMA (DD100) because due to stress and short term[/q2]
memory
[q2]> > problems (dyspraxia!!)[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Mary[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
Reply 4
I am Dyslexic and I am allowed a home exam with invigilator and 15 mins extra per hour to
complete my exam

Paula

"Prashant Meswani" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[q1]> Depending on the region you are in, you can attend an Exam Stress management course within the OU.[/q1]
[q1]> If you are Dyslexic / Dyspraxic, then you should tell the OU asap and provide them with the[/q1]
[q1]> necessary evidence to prove your disability (contrary to popular thinking....dyslexia is a[/q1]
[q1]> disability). You may be entitled to extra time. HTH. "Paula" <[email protected]> wrote in[/q1]
[q1]> message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > Contact your Regional Office and tell them about you difficulties and[/q2]
they
[q2]> > will find ways in which to help you in your studies.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Paula[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > "Mike Abbott" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q2]
[q2]> > news:[email protected]...[/q2]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > Does anyone knows a good way to avoid stress at examination time?[/q3]
[q3]> > > I "blew" a timed TMA (DD100) because due to stress and short term[/q3]
[q1]> memory[/q1]
[q3]> > > problems (dyspraxia!!)[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > Mary[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
Reply 5
I am dyslexic. I have refused extra time because it gives me too much time to think and I am always
finishing early. Good luck with your exam. "Paula" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[q1]> I am Dyslexic and I am allowed a home exam with invigilator and 15 mins extra per hour to[/q1]
[q1]> complete my exam[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Paula[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "Prashant Meswani" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q2]> > Depending on the region you are in, you can attend an Exam Stress management course within the[/q2]
[q2]> > OU. If you are Dyslexic / Dyspraxic, then[/q2]
you
[q2]> > should tell the OU asap and provide them with the necessary evidence to prove your disability[/q2]
[q2]> > (contrary to popular thinking....dyslexia is a disability). You may be entitled to extra time.[/q2]
[q2]> > HTH. "Paula" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q2]
[q3]> > > Contact your Regional Office and tell them about you difficulties and[/q3]
[q1]> they[/q1]
[q3]> > > will find ways in which to help you in your studies.[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > Paula[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > "Mike Abbott" <[email protected]> wrote in[/q3]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > > Does anyone knows a good way to avoid stress at examination time?[/q3]
[q3]> > > > I "blew" a timed TMA (DD100) because due to stress and short term[/q3]
[q2]> > memory[/q2]
[q3]> > > > problems (dyspraxia!!)[/q3]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > > Mary[/q3]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
Reply 6
That's good to hear. I know a few dyslexic people who have a similar agreement. "Paula"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> I am Dyslexic and I am allowed a home exam with invigilator and 15 mins extra per hour to[/q1]
[q1]> complete my exam[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Paula[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "Prashant Meswani" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q2]> > Depending on the region you are in, you can attend an Exam Stress management course within the[/q2]
[q2]> > OU. If you are Dyslexic / Dyspraxic, then[/q2]
you
[q2]> > should tell the OU asap and provide them with the necessary evidence to prove your disability[/q2]
[q2]> > (contrary to popular thinking....dyslexia is a disability). You may be entitled to extra time.[/q2]
[q2]> > HTH. "Paula" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q2]
[q3]> > > Contact your Regional Office and tell them about you difficulties and[/q3]
[q1]> they[/q1]
[q3]> > > will find ways in which to help you in your studies.[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > Paula[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > "Mike Abbott" <[email protected]> wrote in[/q3]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > > Does anyone knows a good way to avoid stress at examination time?[/q3]
[q3]> > > > I "blew" a timed TMA (DD100) because due to stress and short term[/q3]
[q2]> > memory[/q2]
[q3]> > > > problems (dyspraxia!!)[/q3]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > > Mary[/q3]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > > >[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]

Latest