Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The same as this topic.
    If anyone have any good suggestions,plz tell me.Thx^^"~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartinKit)
    The same as this topic.
    i shud think that reading lots of books and some kind of essay writing might help?

are u from abroad??

ReputationRep:
    I recommend reading a broadsheet newspaper such as The Times everyday. Keep a dictionary with you while you read it and look up any new words you come across. This should help your Enlgish dramatically.

ReputationRep:
    watch my fair lady

geek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MzA!)
    watch my fair lady

geek
    Perhaps not!

ReputationRep:
    i don't know man. I leant alot of lessons from that movie. Like don't trust the upper classes. Or any one from the south who ain't a cockney.

I guess the geek part was kinda unneccesary but i posted a thread 4 days ago for help with my psychology coursework and no one helped now this guy wants to talk properly and everyones helping him out?!

wheres the justice in that?
    Get a life and read some books, watch Melvyn Bragg if you wanna broaden your vocabulary or spend some cash on a private speech therapist.

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend the Sun, it seems to have helped such a large proportion of the British Public

ReputationRep:
    The same as this topic.
    and dont get confused with all the diff styles of typing on this 4rum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.S.)
    I would recommend the Sun, it seems to have helped such a large proportion of the British Public
    It depends on the type of english you wish to develop.
    If you need to know a dozen names for... parts of the body, lets say, then yes, the sun is good.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I come from Hk.^^"~

And I wanted to learn English as much as I can,No matter what kind it was,I just want to have good result in my A-Level

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I come from Hk.^^"~

And I wanted to learn English as much as I can,No matter what kind it was,I just want to have good result in my A-Level
    Don't worry! Your English will be improved during your A-level.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I come from Hk.^^"~

I come from mainland of China.)
    I will study language course in Jan 2004 and then A-LEVEL in Sep 2004.
    Your question is just what I want to ask~~~~
    Have you applied a school for your A-LEVEL?

ReputationRep:
    BTW,I have just recevied my offer from Charterhouse School yesterday.Luckily,I got the exhibition,worth 2000 pounds.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinsisi)
    I come from mainland of China.)
    I will study language course in Jan 2004 and then A-LEVEL in Sep 2004.
    Your question is just what I want to ask~~~~
    Have you applied a school for your A-LEVEL?
    I am also from mainland China and I'm doing A2-level now at manchester. Language course is useful but not really necessary. When you actually get on with your A-level course, you will find that you can cope with English much better than you expect. However, the English course can give you some confidence anyway. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charles)
    I am also from mainland China and I'm doing A2-level now at manchester. Language course is useful but not really necessary. When you actually get on with your A-level course, you will find that you can cope with English much better than you expect. However, the English course can give you some confidence anyway. Good luck!
    Thank you.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MzA!)
    watch my fair lady

geek
    LMAO 'The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.' 'In Hartfordshire, hurricanes hardly every happen.' <--- top stuff.
    But seriously, if you really want to learn English, try and find a translated (to your native tongue) version of a German or Japanese 'how to speak english kit'. There is something of a precision with these two that can't be matched. Tis how I was taught the basics of Deutsche & Nihongo in high school. They gave us books for Japanese and Germans to learn English, with the teacher helping translate the directions for the class. Truly effective stuff.

ReputationRep:
    i recommend frequenting UK Learning as often as u can. Lol. sounds like a brothel.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.