The Student Room Group

Anyone working for Sports Direct

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AA445
Thing is.. The manager hasn't contacted me yet regarding start date. I've had my induction.
I went into the store the manager wasn't in so one of the workers checked when I was working and it said 11-2 on the rota

I will let you know :smile:
well your one step ahead. What happens in the induction? Still waiting to hear from the manager.
Original post by saberahmed786
2 of my friends work there and they absolutely hate it. :/

Hey, erm that really isnt helpful unless you explain why they hate it... So could you enlighten us?
Reply 21
Original post by Eternal*
well your one step ahead. What happens in the induction? Still waiting to hear from the manager.

You just sign a load of papers regarding health and safety, they show you the fire exits ect ect

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I work at sports direct and I like it - the people I work with are so nice plus the managers never moan if you need time off - which is a positive!

It took a while for me to get my first shift after my induction tho

Good Luck!
Original post by jamboogy
I've got my induction on Thursday, so hopefully I should be able to work soon on Saturdays whilst studying for A2 at same time :s-smilie:.

I do this, I work Fridays and Saturdays at sports direct and am at Sixth form studying for my A2's at the same time!:cool:
Reply 24
is there any staff discount or perks?
Reply 25
Yes, 15% but it can only be used on Thursdays for us, I dunno if it's the same for other shops. That's about it, though.
Reply 26
Original post by MoonGazer
Yes, 15% but it can only be used on Thursdays for us, I dunno if it's the same for other shops. That's about it, though.

Yeah same here, only Thursdays

Reply 27
Had my first day
Ahh it went ok I got about 15mins training and then was left to it.

I only sold 4 bags for life and 1 catalogue :frown: hopefully will do better on my next shift

Can I ask a question - does anyone know if sports direct employ 15 year olds. I heard that they employ 15 and (certain amount of) months old.

Thanks

Reply 29
I have an induction on Thursday.
What do I wear????
Reply 30
I have never heard of us hiring 15 year olds. Whenever we have been asked, we've only ever hired 16 year olds at the minimum.

I just went in my regular tidy (unripped etc) jeans and a hoodie when I went to mine, as it mostly consisted of getting shown around and going over health and safety etc. Some do and some don't start work on the same day as it, it seems.
Reply 31
What do I wear????

Anything. It really doesn't matter. Don't worry about it.
Reply 32
What do I wear????

I just wore chinos and a top everyone else wore the same casual. It's minor don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 33
Sports direct isnt the best company to work for. The pay is terrible for the amount of work you do. Ive only been working there 6 months and im already looking for a new job. I suppose if you pay in peanuts you get monkeys! And they make it obvious that they're not bothered if you leave due to the fact there are many teenagers fresh out of school who would take your job. It is appauling. Maybe its just the store i work for but i personally wouldnt recommend working for sports direct.
Reply 34
My partner has worked for sports direct for over 12 years and the only reason is he is full time and part of the bonus scheme. The company is absolutely s**t to work for. He has been part of the management team and all these people that say if the manager doesn't like you, they think ur s**t they will just not give you hours! that is the truest statement I have seen. They make the place to work competitive which is ok to a degree but, how would you feel on a zero contracted hrs but cause the short staff u work 40hrs a week for a year say you won't get the bonus scheme. They do this to save the company money but try to look pretty on the outside. They are a company of prime example that take take takes from majority of employees but gives nothing in return. I know know plenty of part time staff for sports direct that work there arse off for no reward.
I would recommend you find another company, as they are probably the worst place to work. I did a small stint of around 3 months, because management times feel they are above there team and feel that when it is massively busy just to stay round chatting, my partner was on of these so it's first hand not from what I have assumed.
Don't make the mistake 23,000 of the work force has and that's apply for a job at sports direct.
When the share scheme cashes in, in 2015 then agin 2017 that will be the end of my partners job for sports direct.
I work there and it's alright tbh.
I feel a little on edge on shift, but not enough to make me nervous.
Sometimes managers get on my back for being too slow on the tills, but half the time it's because the computers are so retarded. I don't think I'm that bad.
Today, this customer (well there was like 3 of them) and they were like the worst people ever. They had had no idea of what they wanted to buy and kept on changing their mind saying "cancel this, I want this" etc and because of that I was with this customer for like 10-15 minutes. Jheeze, you come to the till to buy your products and make your decisions prior to arriving at the tills :rolleyes:
Hi I am 16 and am interested in applying for a job at my local sports direct store. I went into the store and handed in my CV and they took it and said that the best thing to do is upload your application online. Where can you do this? I have looked everywhere on the site and there is nothing anywhere that allows me to do this! Please help
Original post by T A Duxbury
Hi I am 16 and am interested in applying for a job at my local sports direct store. I went into the store and handed in my CV and they took it and said that the best thing to do is upload your application online. Where can you do this? I have looked everywhere on the site and there is nothing anywhere that allows me to do this! Please help

Go onto the Sports Direct website and right at the bottom on the left hand side it will say 'careers' and just go from there :smile:
Good luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
how much do you get paid as a 16/17 year old per hour?
Original post by Charlie113
how much do you get paid as a 16/17 year old per hour?

It's minimum wage

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending