Turn on thread page Beta

Your view on the mobile phone ban whilst driving watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_bristolian)
    Im not name-calling! U r a turd! lol
    wow, you really no how to defend yourself don't u. lmao

ReputationRep:
    Its a shame that a serious discussion topic degenertes like this into throwing insults about.

Can i join in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Its a shame that a serious discussion topic degenertes like this into throwing insults about.

Can i join in?
    /me hands you a meeeeean looking badger "...do your worst..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanimate)
    /me hands you a meeeeean looking badger "...do your worst..."
    Ermm... whats the badger for?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so the general consensus seems to be hands free is alright, am I correct in thinking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Ok, so the general consensus seems to be hands free is alright, am I correct in thinking?
    Well, the law says so, and its impracticle for them to make it illegal, so yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Ermm... whats the badger for?
    Whats it for?!?!?!
    NEED YOU ASK!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanimate)
    Whats it for?!?!?!
    NEED YOU ASK!!!
    Yes. Is it for throwing at people?
    Is it for performing some sort of illegal act with?
    What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_bristolian)
    I cant believe you would do that. People who use mobiles whilst driving are complete and utter *****. U might think it doesnt effect ur driving but it does. Especially when u hav one hand on the wheel. U mite say u hav all that crap in ur car but it still dont help that much. Especially on the motorway. SO many accidents are caused, especiallly fatal ones, because twits like you use ur mobile phone. Hands free kits cost around a fiver. Buy one now, i dont care what you say, but it CAN save a life. I hope you get fined for using ur mobile, u deserve it.
    Actually, most motorway accidents occur during bank holidays, when people not used to driving on motorways go out wherever.

People who use the motorways often, including businessmen who probably use phones most on motorways, are the safest drivers on the motorways.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Dickie)
    Actually, most motorway accidents occur during bank holidays, when people not used to driving on motorways go out wherever.

People who use the motorways often, including businessmen who probably use phones most on motorways, are the safest drivers on the motorways.

(and to stay with the maturity posted previously on this thread)
    ner nerner nerner ner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)

(and to stay with the maturity posted previously on this thread)
    ner nerner nerner ner
    well, you smell!

ReputationRep:
    MAYBE just maybe people will carry on what they have being doing for
    the last god knows how long..... ''hang on i am just going past the police .....>puts phone on lap<........ afer out of way of police... sorry 'bout that i went past the police''?

ReputationRep:
    It is justified. Remeber when the govenrment made seatbelts compulsory, that saved lives.

ReputationRep:
    I would have to say that personally I agree with the ban on people talking on their mobiles whilst driving.

I am however slightly concerned that various people are pushing for the legislation to be taken further and for a ban on hands free kits.

I dont see how a ban on hands free kits would achieve anything. Whatever next - ban the driver from chatting to anyone else in car? Ban Radios etc...

Yes it should be banned its dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    whats funny, not really funny though, number of cops i've seen driving and talking on their cell phones......

ReputationRep:
    I would have to say that personally I agree with the ban on people talking on their mobiles whilst driving.

I am however slightly concerned that various people are pushing for the legislation to be taken further and for a ban on hands free kits.

I dont see how a ban on hands free kits would achieve anything. Whatever next - ban the driver from chatting to anyone else in car? Ban Radios etc...
    sometime it just goes to far :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I find my dad gets distracted far more by the satnav than by a telephone call. at least whilst on the phone he can look at the road ahead.

the stupid heads-up-display for the onboard computer means that, while he still looks ahead, his eyes are focused on the projected image rather than the actual road.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so what about smoking whilst driving...I smoke all the time when driving and rarely have two hands on the wheel. What about changing CD's / changing volume whilst driving. What about talking to people in the car whilst driving. What about cars that have those TV screens / playstations fitted. What about loud music. What about those GPS screens that display a map.

There are countless things in cars to distract people - I think it all comes down to common sense - including when to use a mobile phone (Pencil Queen provides a good example).

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.