More Sats Watch

This discussion is closed.
Terry
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Last day for the Sat results to come back today BUT we have not had our Science results back! What
does this mean. How can teachers be expected to produce the massive ammount of statistics
percentages at each level etc.. send out reports - have parents nights discuss it with parents etc..
when the results have not come back and breaking up for the Summer is on the doorstep.....

Terry
Sarah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
We have had no English, but the plot thickens. Rang today, only to be told that our English papers
etc were delivered by Parcelforce on 3.7.02 at
10.58am and signed for by someone called Edwards. However, we haven't had them, and we have no one
called Edwards!

Head has been on phone all day, getting quite irate. On asking can't we just have the results from
the marker, so we can at least prepare the Stats for parents to go with our overdue reports, was
told 'We usually just send the results out with the papers." Aaargh!

We are waiting for more lengthy phone calls tomorrow, from a senior manager, who want there today!

--
Sarah Terry <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Last day for the Sat results to come back today BUT we have not had our Science results back! What[/q1]
[q1]> does this mean. How can teachers be expected to produce the massive ammount of statistics[/q1]
[q1]> percentages at each level etc.. send out reports - have parents nights discuss it with parents[/q1]
[q1]> etc.. when the results have not come back and breaking up for the Summer is on the doorstep.....[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Terry[/q1]
Sheila :-D
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
"Sarah" <[email protected] o.uk> burbled:

[q1]>We have had no English, but the plot thickens. Rang today, only to be told that our English papers[/q1]
[q1]>etc were delivered by Parcelforce on 3.7.02 at[/q1]
[q1]>10.58am and signed for by someone called Edwards. However, we haven't had them, and we have no one[/q1]
[q1]> called Edwards![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
snip

I hope they weren't thrown away, like a pile of exams recently, that were delivered to a neighbour
instead of the marker.
--
Sheila :-D (Delete all to mail.)
Sarah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
We've got them! They were never mis delivered, but actually went to QCA for checking as they were
borderline. It was all kept very secret!

94% English - we laughed and laughed and laughed. V dyslexic child got L5 for writing. 5/5 score for
handwriting which points in every direction you could imagine. Makes our TA look way out.

One problem is that the spelling isn't assessed with he writing in the SATs but all through
KS2 it is,
--
Sarah

Sheila :-D <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> "Sarah" <[email protected] o.uk> burbled:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >We have had no English, but the plot thickens. Rang today, only to be[/q2]
told
[q2]> >that our English papers etc were delivered by Parcelforce on 3.7.02 at[/q2]
[q2]> >10.58am and signed for by someone called Edwards. However, we haven't had them, and we have no[/q2]
[q2]> > one called Edwards![/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]> snip[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I hope they weren't thrown away, like a pile of exams recently, that were delivered to a neighbour[/q1]
[q1]> instead of the marker.[/q1]
[q1]> --[/q1]
[q1]> Sheila :-D (Delete all to mail.)[/q1]
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.89%
No - I got the required grades (100)
57.47%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.64%

Watched Threads